u-he at Superbooth 23

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can one import zebrallete patches into zebra?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

MitchK1989 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:31 pm
Urs wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:27 pm
Sound Author wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:02 pm Just watched all the latest videos about the new editor on Urs' YT channel. Looks to become the most surgically precise wavetable/waveform editor on the market. There are features I didn't even know I needed. :o
Yeah... once I got some of those tools implemented and dabbled around with it, I realised I needed more. It's quite addictive from that perspective.
Hi Urs, my question after seeing the amazing vid on Casio style reso-waves… is it possible to replicate the “dual waves” like saw+res2 in the z3 osc or would I have to use two oscillators?
Yes and no.

There is an OscFX now that lets you add a second waveform, sourced from guide curves or wherever in the morphing waveforms. In order to combine a PD waveform with a resonant one, the resonant one would have to be created using the morphing curve instead of the combo of sync/window OscFX.

I think it might be possible, but I haven't tried it yet.

Will there be different osc effects for the additive mode, in addition to the guide curve pitch warp thing?

Dalle wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:00 pm Will there be different osc effects for the additive mode, in addition to the guide curve pitch warp thing?
You have the normal OscFX pre-spectral distortion.

If the distortion remains just based on guide curves or not really depends. There are a few different options already implemented, but they're not nearly as good.

Urs wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:08 am
Dalle wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:00 pm Will there be different osc effects for the additive mode, in addition to the guide curve pitch warp thing?
You have the normal OscFX pre-spectral distortion.

If the distortion remains just based on guide curves or not really depends. There are a few different options already implemented, but they're not nearly as good.
Would it be useful to have an option for the OscFX to be pre or post spectral distortion?

The spectral distortion based on the guide curves sounded very intriguing. I don't even know what it's doing, but the sound caught my ear!

Now that I think about it, it doesn't matter where the FX are... the regular OscFX determine volume and phase relation of harmonics. In the additive mode - unlike wavetable mode -, due to free pitches, the phase relation information gets lost, but the volume isn't. The pitch information is applied independently of phase or volume. But for simplicity of the process, OscFX are applied right after rendering the splines and before either writing a band limited wavetable or updating an array of sine oscillators.

Will there also be the SpectroBlend mode from version 2 where I can draw in single harmonics instead of drawing the waveform? I mostly use that mode.

Beachboy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:38 am Will there also be the SpectroBlend mode from version 2 where I can draw in single harmonics instead of drawing the waveform? I mostly use that mode.
I'm trying to figure this out myself. I think it'll be curves only, but as you have plenty of points, you can pretty much do the same thing. It's just a question of how to make this comfortable editing.

Urs, you spoke about a Synthex Filter in the past, might that make it into Z3 ?

BSB wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:09 pm Urs, you spoke about a Synthex Filter in the past, might that make it into Z3 ?
I'm not sure. I think it might be better suited for Diva, but I need to focus on Zebra and Uhbik first (and whatever left over work I have with Filterscape, if any).

Urs wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:07 pm
Beachboy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:38 am Will there also be the SpectroBlend mode from version 2 where I can draw in single harmonics instead of drawing the waveform? I mostly use that mode.
I'm trying to figure this out myself. I think it'll be curves only, but as you have plenty of points, you can pretty much do the same thing. It's just a question of how to make this comfortable editing.
The SpectroBlend mode has always been one of my favorite things to do in Zebra. That said, I've never been crazy about how fiddly and tedious it presently is. I really like the way the "Random Amplitudes" in Vital works, so if we can very quickly dial in some random spectra, that would be much faster and a lot more fun imo. Having to surgically set the levels of individual harmonics is a pain.

Sound Author wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:39 pm
The SpectroBlend mode has always been one of my favorite things to do in Zebra. That said, I've never been crazy about how fiddly and tedious it presently is. I really like the way the "Random Amplitudes" in Vital works, so if we can very quickly dial in some random spectra, that would be much faster and a lot more fun imo. Having to surgically set the levels of individual harmonics is a pain.

I also like the Random Amplitudes in Vital. Although, maybe a Zebra option could be able to be more specific. I've spent a lot of time tweaking SpectroBlend waves, so good area of consideration. Maybe something similar to the Histograms in Bitwig with 3 parameters. First parameter starts with a fundamental and then adds harmonics and Second parameter to spread the harmonics and Third parameter to add chaos to levels. That would allow both some specific patterns and also some random results.

If possible, please add steps to modulation sources, similar to how ominister does it, in three or four steps so that it's cycles between the parameters every single time a note is played, far different from randomized. This feature is bomb.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Spectroblend is really handy with some osc fx , especially dx mode .
When dx mode is selected and no partials are drawn , dx effect automatically creates a fundamental for the carrier , the partial that is drawn determines the harmonic of the modulator , so drawing the second harmonic only will produce a square wave .(2-1 ratio fm)
Would be sad if this functionality is lost .
Still mighty impressed with all of the featured that are being showcased
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:10 pm If possible, please add steps to modulation sources, similar to how ominister does it, in three or four steps so that it's cycles between the parameters every single time a note is played, far different from randomized. This feature is bomb.
That's what the Mod Mappers are for! :tu:

Return to “u-he”