RESPIRO, a new soft-synth for Wind, Breath and MPE controllers.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Respiro

Just got an email:
Respiro coupon 24% reduction: "RESPIRO-01"
Feel free to share this with your friends musicians.
Valid till mid-April 2020.

Check it out here: https://www.imoxplus.com/

P.S. If you should encounter high CPU use, disable the IR reverb, after that it's really light.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

FYI, I recently figured out how to make considerable improvements to reduce CPU load, this version is not yet released but if you want you can test it out already, just drop me a mail.

I can now play Respiro with a 16 sample buffer when the IR reverb is off. And when Reverb is on then I can use a 32 sample buffer when using mono mode and 64 sample buffer when Reverb is in stereo.

Awesome!
Thanks Rudy :-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Little update.... I'm working now on an iOS player for Respiro (iPhone/iPad)...AUv3 and InterAppAudio
It will provide the possibility to import the instruments coming from Respiro running on a Mac or Windows...
It will have an instrument browser responding to midi program changes.
With other words, tweaking and configuration of Respiro instruments is done on the computer and the resulting instruments can be exported to your iPhone/iPad...

Awesome!
Time to buy an iPad!
Thanks.
Best
YY

VL-Wizard wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:05 am Little update.... I'm working now on an iOS player for Respiro (iPhone/iPad)...AUv3 and InterAppAudio
It will provide the possibility to import the instruments coming from Respiro running on a Mac or Windows...
It will have an instrument browser responding to midi program changes.
With other words, tweaking and configuration of Respiro instruments is done on the computer and the resulting instruments can be exported to your iPhone/iPad...
Interesting, i had hoped for a full version since these tools fits great on a multi-touch (and MPE usable) device. I guess it has to do with the market and app prices there and could understand it.
Still nice to hear. I think IAA is pretty dead but some might still use it. AUv3 is def. a must on iOS and nice to hear it will be there.
So would this even be usable without the desktop synth, so something like buying instruments via IAP or is the player useless without it?

Since I've recently more or less changed horses to an iPad Pro 12.9 after 35 years of Mac OS, I wouldn't be interested in anything less than an inependently playble iRespiro, without a mandatory Mac custodian. ;-)
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

UPDATE: A testflight version of Respiro for iOS can now be obtained by dropping me a mail.
The goal of this player to expand the playing possibility for licensed Respiro Win/Mac users and to satisfy wind-controller players that mainly use iOS devices. It comes as IAA and AUv3.

This is a basic iOS Respiro player with the full sound-engine under the hood. Fast and straightforward usage. Responding to program changes.

Out of the box it includes a few "teaser" instruments. You require a licensed Respiro Win/Mac installation to expand the instruments. The instrument CC mapping / settings tweaking has to be done on Respiro Win/Mac. You then export these instruments to your iOS device using a library code.

Currently there is a crash happening when closing (swipe off) the Respiro standalone. This is not present in the AUv3. I will include some more improvements before making it available to the apple-store.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VL-Wizard wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:48 am UPDATE: A testflight version of Respiro for iOS can now be obtained by dropping me a mail.
The goal of this player to expand the playing possibility for licensed Respiro Win/Mac users and to satisfy wind-controller players that mainly use iOS devices. It comes as IAA and AUv3.

This is a basic iOS Respiro player with the full sound-engine under the hood. Fast and straightforward usage. Responding to program changes.

Out of the box it includes a few "teaser" instruments. You require a licensed Respiro Win/Mac installation to expand the instruments. The instrument CC mapping / settings tweaking has to be done on Respiro Win/Mac. You then export these instruments to your iOS device using a library code.

Currently there is a crash happening when closing (swipe off) the Respiro standalone. This is not present in the AUv3. I will include some more improvements before making it available to the apple-store.
So why no full version for iOS? I think its ready for such tools (see Audio Modelling SWAM stuff on iOS now for almost the same price as their desktop tools).

Apple takes 35% of the sales
I could consider to offer a "full" version with all instruments for a certain price. But it would not have features to tweak / map etc. You would still require a Respiro Win/Mac version which has the necessary GUI to do the mapping, curve settings, tweaking of macros etc..

VL-Wizard wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:33 pm Apple takes 35% of the sales
But it's 35 percent of sales that you wouldn't have got otherwise… 8)
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I could consider to offer a "full" version with all instruments for a certain price. But it would not have features to tweak / map etc. You would still require a Respiro Win/Mac version which has the necessary GUI to do the mapping, curve settings, tweaking of macros etc..
I think they just take now 15% for small developers that earns less than $1 million in revenue per year and 30% otherwise and well, no piracy there (maybe you suffer not from this).
O.k. i understand and it was just a question. Thank you.

15% is still acceptable...I will think about it...

Spitfire31 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:47 pm
But it's 35 percent of sales that you wouldn't have got otherwise… 8)
As my reply/rant could end in a longer off topic discussion I moved it to hpc:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=560529
There it doesn’t hurt this thread which should talk about Respiro and not about politics...

Respiro wind-synth Player for iOS now available for free in the Apple store. It contains 6 instruments. You need to own a licensed Mac/Win version to be able to add more instruments.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/respiro-w ... 1537945616

A silent video with instructions on how to export and play your favorite Respiro instruments on your iPad/iPhone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8Ca855Fwo

For questions: please use the Imoxplus forum.

Return to “Instruments”