VAST Dynamics - Vaporizer - Analog / Subtractive Synth Plug-in (Mac / Win) - Version 1.25 available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vaporizer

Major problem with turning the knobs. Have to move mouse several inches just to move a knob one or two clicks. Only knob that seems to work fairly well is filter cutoff.

As is, totally unusable for programming sounds so haven't gone beyond this point to see if there are any more problems.

wagtunes wrote:Major problem with turning the knobs. Have to move mouse several inches just to move a knob one or two clicks. Only knob that seems to work fairly well is filter cutoff.

As is, totally unusable for programming sounds so haven't gone beyond this point to see if there are any more problems.
Hi wagtunes,
the knobs are "velocity sensitive" now - that means that slowly moving the mouse will change the value slightly, while dragging the mouse fast should easily move the full rage.
The intention was to increase usability - seems that it is at least not self explanatory.
Best regards,
Tobias

vastdynamics wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Major problem with turning the knobs. Have to move mouse several inches just to move a knob one or two clicks. Only knob that seems to work fairly well is filter cutoff.

Hi wagtunes,
the knobs are "velocity sensitive" now - that means that slowly moving the mouse will change the value slightly, while dragging the mouse fast should easily move the full rage.
The intention was to increase usability - seems that it is at least not self explanatory.
Best regards,
Tobias
Okay, I get it but they're not sensitive enough on slow velocity. If you want to fine tune a cutoff, too much movement is needed to move the filter say from 8900 to 9400. And on the small knobs (still too small and need to be increased in size) forget it. I can't even see what I'm moving.

All I know is I don't have this issue with any other VST and I don't think a lot of users are going to like velocity sensitive knobs, but what do I know? Maybe take a poll and see how users like that feature. My gut tells me many more will dislike than like.

vastdynamics wrote:

Hi wagtunes,
Best regards,
Tobias
that velocity knob thing is no good. i'm tellin ya, just make the scroll wheel inc/dec the value by one. that should take care of the fine adjustment fustrations. dragging would serve as course adjustments, then fine tune with the scroll wheel. also, you could also make ctrl + drag make fine adjustments for those not using a wheel mouse :)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

vastdynamics wrote:Hello everybody,

today we released the first major update v1.10 of VAPORIZER. We added major functional enhancements like a second LFO, a sixth slot in the modulation matrix, sample & hold oscillators for OSC banks and LFOs, a new analog capacitive envelope model for all four envelope generators and we started with the first GUI enhancements (more to come!).

Here is the complete changelog:
  • Added sixth slot for modulation matrix.
  • Added second LFO!
  • Added new sample and hold oscillator for OSC banks and LFOs.
  • Added virtual analog, capacitive envelope model for all four ENVs (VCA, VCF, MOD ENV 1 & 2).
  • Changed slider, knob behavior to velocity sensitive.
  • Enabled scroll wheel on all sliders and knobs.
  • Added logarithmical skew scales to detune and cutoff knobs.
  • Improved decimal display on knobs.
  • Improved UI layout.
  • Improved stability and resource consumption.
  • Fixed: Comb filter was not working in v1.02.
  • Fixed: Distortion was not working properly on OS X.
  • Fixed bug with noise oscillator in v1.02.
As usual you get the FREE demo version here: http://www.vast-dynamics.de/?q=products

Hope you like it!! :phones: :tu:

Best regards,

Tobias
woweeee! you are really on the ball on this beast, Tobias! at the rate you
are updating, i expect Vaporizer to be a real VA to be reckoned with! :tu: :tu:

layzer wrote:
vastdynamics wrote:

Hi wagtunes,
Best regards,
Tobias
that velocity knob thing is no good. i'm tellin ya, just make the scroll wheel inc/dec the value by one. that should take care of the fine adjustment fustrations. dragging would serve as course adjustments, then fine tune with the scroll wheel. also, you could also make ctrl + drag make fine adjustments for those not using a wheel mouse :)
Hello guys,

Ok - there are many options to improve this. I will focus on that in the next version. Would there be a chance that the two of you have a look at it before I release it to the public, so that we can be sure that we have it right this time? I would send you a pre-release version then mid / end of the week.

Thanks.

vastdynamics wrote:
layzer wrote:
vastdynamics wrote:

Hi wagtunes,
Best regards,
Tobias
Hello guys,

Ok - there are many options to improve this. I will focus on that in the next version. Would there be a chance that the two of you have a look at it before I release it to the public, so that we can be sure that we have it right this time? I would send you a pre-release version then mid / end of the week.

Thanks.
Yes, I will be happy to take a look at it. When it comes to workflow and how sliders and knobs should react and behave, I think I have a pretty good pulse on the expectations of the general population.

Hi all,
thanks to TRUEPIANO there is a new demo track purely made with Vaporizer (besides drums). Check it out - I love it! https://soundcloud.com/truepiano/vast-v ... emo-tracks

Tobias

vastdynamics wrote:
layzer wrote:
vastdynamics wrote:

Hi wagtunes,
Best regards,
Tobias
Hello guys,

Thanks.
sounds good, PM me the download link :)

Hello all,

today we released the second major update of VAPORIZER - to version 1.20. This is now a stable release that is intended to stay here for a while. If you have seen version 1.00 then you will find that a lot has changed. Please update your version.

Here is what's new:
  • Major step in terms of functionality, usability and stability.
  • Added a sophisticated attenuation model to ensure that detune, random retriggering, invert with multiple oscillators within a bank will generate similar output levels and loudness.
  • Added VCF and VCA envelope modes (analog, digital, linear).
  • Added 7th & 8th modulation matrix slot.
  • Added a complete new bank of 28 high-quality presets (thanks to TRUEPIANO for contributing here!)
  • Made knobs per default not velocity sensitive – they become only velocity sensitive when Ctrl or Cmd/Mac is pressed (for fine tuning of values).
  • Added version and plugin type info.
  • Added separate sync button for LFO2.
  • Increased ARP and LFO1&2 steps to 64 to allow sixty-fourth notes.
  • Increased all attack, decay and release times.
  • Made ENV sliders logartihmical for attack, decay and release to allow better visibility and fine tuning of lower times.
  • Added twelve (12!) new modulation matrix destinations for all effect settings: DistortionDryWet, DistortionDrive, DistortionFuzz, ChorusDryWet, ChorusFrequency, ChorusDepth, DelayDryWet, DelayTime, DelayFeedback, ReverbDryWet, ReverbSize, ReverbFeedback.
    Added modulation matrix destination for panning.
  • Increased pitch mod range.
  • Cleaned up sequence of mod matrix sources and destinations.
  • Improved Windows installer: VST3s are now automatically copied to Common Files/VST3.
  • Some fixes.
As usual you get the FREE demo version here: http://www.vast-dynamics.de/?q=products

Version 1.22 of VAPORIZER is available now. I believe it's the best version so far ;-)

It includes major improvements. Among others:
  • MULTIBAND PROCESSING - POSSIBILITY TO ROUTE LOWER FREQUENCIES IN MONO AND BYPASS EFFECTS TO PRESERVE A HIGH QUALITY LOW END
  • FULLY FLEXIBLE FILTER ROUTING - FREELY DEFINABLE SIGNAL PASS, CHANGE SEQUENCE OF FILTER BANKS AND ARBITRARILY DEFINE SIGNAL SUMS (INCLUDING RING MODULATION)
  • MIDILEARN IS FULLY WORKING NOW (TESTED WITH REAPER AND FL STUDIO)
  • POLYPHONIC AFTERTOUCH
  • ARP SYNC NOW DOES NOT REQUIRE DAW TRANSPORT TO START
  • A NEW FULL BANK OF ADDITIONAL 28 FREE HIGH-QUALITY PRESETS

vastdynamics wrote:Version 1.22 of VAPORIZER is available now. I believe it's the best version so far ;-)

• MULTIBAND PROCESSING - POSSIBILITY TO ROUTE LOWER FREQUENCIES IN MONO AND BYPASS EFFECTS TO PRESERVE A HIGH QUALITY LOW END
  • FULLY FLEXIBLE FILTER ROUTING - FREELY DEFINABLE SIGNAL PASS, CHANGE SEQUENCE OF FILTER BANKS AND ARBITRARILY DEFINE SIGNAL SUMS (INCLUDING RING MODULATION)
  • POLYPHONIC AFTERTOUCH

Oh well, mod wheel doesn't work at all now so I'm going to roll back to the earlier version.

wagtunes wrote:
vastdynamics wrote:Version 1.22 of VAPORIZER is available now. I believe it's the best version so far ;-)

• POLYPHONIC AFTERTOUCH

Oh well, mod wheel doesn't work at all now so I'm going to roll back to the earlier version.
Hi wagtunes. I just re-tested it on all my configurations and mod wheel seems to work properly. It reacts to the standard midi CC1. Do you have a different setup for mod wheel?
Or can you give me more information which patch you are using and what is happening?
BR Tobias

vastdynamics wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

• POLYPHONIC AFTERTOUCH

Hi wagtunes. I just re-tested it on all my configurations and mod wheel seems to work properly. It reacts to the standard midi CC1. Do you have a different setup for mod wheel?
Or can you give me more information which patch you are using and what is happening?
BR Tobias
I have the same setup that I had for the previous versions. I tried rolling back but now not even the version before this works anymore. I even went as far as running the uninstall program and deleting the directory altogether and reinstalling the previous version. Still doesn't work. Don't know if there is a registry entry still on the PC that's doing this or what but I can't get it to work. So I'm just going to remove it completely from my PC. Shame because it was a nice sounding synth but something has obviously gone wrong somewhere and I can't fix it.

There was a problem with the mod wheel mapping in the VST3 format. This is fixed now.
http://www.vast-dynamics.de/?q=products

Return to “Instruments”