Wave Sequencing VSTS?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Even though Wave Sequencing is a difficult term to understand (i.e. "what is" and "what is not"), I think a new contender can be added to the list: Ton-Geraet 1 (SyS TG1)

http://sys.efope.de/tonge.html

Xfer serum. It has the best wave sequencing/wavetable scanning that I've found in a vst, Allows import of all types of files including pictures, has a crazy robust modulation system, and also has some of the best implemented effects I've seen in a vst.
Honestly it's wavetable stuff is often overkill for what I need so I just use zebra.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

After reading through this I guess what people are actually asking for is slightly different than advanced wavetable synthesis. The types of examples I'm hearing could be made in Kontakt in a couple minutes, and that would be my recommendation as then you would be getting Kontakt as well which is an incredibly useful tool (I use it every day on every piece of music I make. And it could pull off all these wave manipulation tricks easily.

Numanoid wrote:Even though Wave Sequencing is a difficult term to understand (i.e. "what is" and "what is not"), I think a new contender can be added to the list: Ton-Geraet 1 (SyS TG1)

http://sys.efope.de/tonge.html
I'd never heard of that one. Thanks. Looks like what the Soviet army might design if it wanted a car stereo in its vehicles. :tu:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Seems Ton-Geraet 1 (SyS TG1) didn't see the forum on fire :neutral:

The new Wusik ZR VST plugin may be added to the list. Just released.
http://wwww.wusik.com/w/index.php/produ ... s/wusik-zr

And the older Wusik Station 9 with Version 10 due in early 2020.
And the Wusik 8008.

Minibit. Pretty rudimentary wave sequencing, but still fun.

Quote from another KVR thread:
I posted here because this post and the surrounding other posts re-awakened my interest in wave sequencing!
Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:31 pm The power of Wavesequencing for me is creating incredibly complex evolving sounds. I did patches for Wusikstation that you could play one note and do the backing tracks for a Sci-fi film.

For example start with a shaku sample, morph it into a church choir, morph that into cinema strings and that's just one Osc. Add the other Oscs also doing Wavesequences which can be pitched per slot and you can adjust the fade between them to go from smooth transitions to abrupt changes and you've got some awesome sounds.

It's incredibly powerful Synthesis that I think should get as much or more love than Wavetable synthesis. :tu:
Though William has been helpful and I find his video tutorials on his very interesting plugins un-inspiring and this is why I have yet to seriously consider using them.

One cannot be the master of all. Because William no doubt develops great plugins I own most of them. He however lacks marketing skill and making inspiring videos.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mux modular if you want to spend the time building a series of samplers (unlimited) and a modulation system that changes the output from one sampler to the next.

For ease of use and quick results Parawave Rapid has 8 layers, capable modulation of the outputs and loads of FX.

I’d love to see a resynthesis approach to wave sequencing. You load in a sample, resynthesize it and save that as a “wave” that you can cycle through. If you tossed in spectral modulation for each “wave” similar to zebras OSC FX this would be kind of unique.

Getting the resynthesis algorithm to accurately sound like the source would be the tricky part. However once you had the sound captured as a spectral sound you could do all kinda of crazy things !!

I’m not sure what kind of CPU you would need to play this stuff back in Real time though.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:32 am I’d love to see a resynthesis approach to wave sequencing. You load in a sample, resynthesize it and save that as a “wave” that you can cycle through. If you tossed in spectral modulation for each “wave” similar to zebras OSC FX this would be kind of unique.

Getting the resynthesis algorithm to accurately sound like the source would be the tricky part. However once you had the sound captured as a spectral sound you could do all kinda of crazy things !!

I’m not sure what kind of CPU you would need to play this stuff back in Real time though.
Interesting idea

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:32 am I’d love to see a resynthesis approach to wave sequencing. You load in a sample, resynthesize it and save that as a “wave” that you can cycle through. If you tossed in spectral modulation for each “wave” similar to zebras OSC FX this would be kind of unique.

Could probably knit together a load of wavs in a daw and throw the result into iris

focusrite wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:21 am

Could probably knit together a load of wavs in a daw and throw the result into iris
Yah that could sound interesting.

I wish Harmor had a stable OSX port, i’ve heard the resynthesis is quite good.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:11 pm
focusrite wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:21 am

Yah that could sound interesting.

I wish Harmor had a stable OSX port, i’ve heard the resynthesis is quite good.
I just put a 12sec African chant male harmony into Padshop. Scarily good quality. The play head can be modulated with a step sequencer

I'm hoping the advent of the korg Wavestate will maybe revive this style of sample sequencing in VST land

Return to “Instruments”