Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Sayersweb... exactly for what I was looking.
SayersWeb wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'd like to read a review that just assesses the Deepmind on its merits and leaves the lineage out of the review. There is plenty of that skepticism out there already.
This isn't reading, but a video review in the spirit that you are looking for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-kfYzn5VvQ

Wow... wait, what happened to the 999 price tag ?!? Since when 999 $ = 1199 Euros?
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:Wow... wait, what happened to the 999 price tag ?!? Since when 999 $ = 1199 Euros?
Over £200 difference!?

Explanation required....

Didn't they state the explanation already? I think someone from Behringer (Uli himself?) said that it is not wise to sell it too cheap, because people will think it's better quality, when it is more expensive. I'm afraid, that's what makes people tick. 1.200 € is still a bargain for such a synth, isn't it? Not too familiar with the prices of polyphonic synths.

transmetropolitan wrote:
idfpower wrote:Wow... wait, what happened to the 999 price tag ?!? Since when 999 $ = 1199 Euros?
Over £200 difference!?

Explanation required....
VAT at ~20%

sjm wrote:
transmetropolitan wrote:
Over £200 difference!?

Explanation required....
VAT at ~20%

ya, this is nothing new ... the EU always gets shafted by these large scale companies with global distribution networks. I can't recall the last time there was currency parity in such a scenario ... (which isn't to say it doesn't happen, just that it isn't the norm. at least as far as my memory tells me)

VAT is tax and has nothing to do with the companies. The base price is the same.

This is also why you can easily go to a doctor when you are sick.

chk071 wrote:Didn't they state the explanation already? I think someone from Behringer (Uli himself?) said that it is not wise to sell it too cheap, because people will think it's better quality, when it is more expensive. I'm afraid, that's what makes people tick. 1.200 € is still a bargain for such a synth, isn't it? Not too familiar with the prices of polyphonic synths.
...except the whole point of making the DM12 was to produce a full poly under 1K - as repeatedly stated by Uli. Hence the whole advertisement campain goes down the drain. On the other hand, it's usually whatever price in US = Eu price. Not 200 extra (VAT or not). The RSP price is usually higher than street price anyway, so...

But hey, good luck to all (buyers & sellers) ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

sjm wrote:VAT is tax

really ? wow. how did i get this far in life without realising what VAT was, or what it's for.

amazing.

hey everybody, gather 'round .... who knows when sjm will drop another pearl of wisdom on us!

Daags wrote: really ? wow. how did i get this far in life without realising what VAT was, or what it's for.

amazing.

hey everybody, gather 'round .... who knows when sjm will drop another pearl of wisdom on us!

Well you seemed to think it had something to do with Behringer...
Daags wrote: ya, this is nothing new ... the EU always gets shafted by these large scale companies with global distribution networks.
So to spell it out for you, VAT has nothing to do with the manufacturer. In other words, its nothing to do with "large scale companies with global distribution networks" and everything to do with government policies.

idfpower wrote:
chk071 wrote:Didn't they state the explanation already? I think someone from Behringer (Uli himself?) said that it is not wise to sell it too cheap, because people will think it's better quality, when it is more expensive. I'm afraid, that's what makes people tick. 1.200 € is still a bargain for such a synth, isn't it? Not too familiar with the prices of polyphonic synths.
...except the whole point of making the DM12 was to produce a full poly under 1K - as repeatedly stated by Uli. Hence the whole advertisement campain goes down the drain. On the other hand, it's usually whatever price in US = Eu price. Not 200 extra (VAT or not). The RSP price is usually higher than street price anyway, so...

But hey, good luck to all (buyers & sellers) ;)
Alright, didn't think of that. It's still a bargain though for a synth with these features, isn't it?

idfpower wrote: ...except the whole point of making the DM12 was to produce a full poly under 1K - as repeatedly stated by Uli
Eh? Where did he repeatedly states that this was "the whole point"?

Not here and not on Gearslutz either afaik, where he just revealed the price at 999 bucks at some point, which doesn't make it "the point".

My memory may fail me of course, so you are welcome to correct me by pointing me to one of the posts where he repeats this as the goal of the whole venture.

Sold out already- several 100 units apparently.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
Sold out already- several 100 units apparently.....
Wow that's great to hear, having another player on the synth market will be nice :clap:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”