The best Impulse Response [IR] sites

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello once again, since I couldn't find a free IR of a gameboy IR on the net, I then decided to create my own IR of a gameboy clone that someone gave me a month ago. The IR consist of two wav files which are my vintage Akai ADM-11 Hi-z omnidirectional dynamic mic and a Digital Reference DRV100 cardioid dynamic mic. I've utilized a close miking (and a on-axis mic position) while doing these IR, as the speaker itself isn't loud enough even though I've used an external amplifier to drive the speaker. Speaking of that, I did a frequency sweep method in capturing the speaker IR and at the same time had the speaker inside the casing in order to capture the effect of its casing and internal components (such as resonance, cancellations, etc.)

Oh and the microphone/s was going straight to my M-Audio M-Track Duo 2-channel Interface (with the interface input set on instrument level for the Akai ADM-11) and audio was recorded (and edited) through FL Studio (with sampling rate of 48kHz/24bit)

They're not perfect nor the best or accurate sounding IR (hence why I'm sharing these IR for free) but I do hope these IR will come in handy for some folks out there, have fun using these IR :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As a bonus, here's a IR of a cheap digital voice recorder that i got earlier this year (but later on got sold), the IR consist of two wav files which are: my vintage Akai ADM-11 hi-z/high-impedance omnidirectional dynamic mic and my unbranded (or unknown) cheap karaoke cardioid dynamic mic.

This was also being directly recorded to my M-audio M-Track Duo interface (with the interface also being set to instrument level on the Akai) and it also had the same miking position as the gameboy clone.

Note: I was still a newbie in doing and capturing my own IR via a frequency sweep when these digital voice recorder IR's was created, oh and these IR's (even the gameboy clone) are in mono only, but nevertheless, I do hope someone would find these IR's usable in their projects, mix, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I know that this might be a silly question, but does anyone have an Impulse Response (free one if possible) of PA speaker/systems like a Behringer PA speaker or even a stage monitor, or somewhere along those lines (I know that there is an IR of two sound system from balanced mastering, those two club sound system, and from one of the website that I've shared here back then, but, i would like to explore more beyond those being mentioned, as these PA speaker/system IR's seems to be quite rare to find on the net and imo is barely talked about) thanks in advanced :)

Fokke van Saane includes a PA speaker in the factory hall impulses, but a literal PA horn and not a club system.

Hello once again, does anyone have or have made an IR of any of these following speakers? (preferably a free one if possible)
* Behringer C5A
* Tascam S-1010M Porta Monitor
* Fostex 6301
* Boss MA-12
* or even a Bose SoundLink Mini

Thanks in advanced! :)

(About the quest for finding an another Behringer speaker IR: I know that the website below have a Behringer Behritone IR for free, but, it's seems like it's a Behringer C50A rather than the Behringer C5A (as both the Behringer C5A and the Behringer C50A are a mixcube clone, with the Behringer C5A being more bandwidth limited than the C50A. The Behringer C50A have a frequency response of 90Hz-17k while the Behringer C5A have a frequency response of 150Hz-15k.))

The website that has the free Behringer Behritone C50A IR
https://www.aaronbrownsound.com/categor ... d-reviews/

Saw these cab IRs today. seem to be based for metal amps.
https://luanalbani.wixsite.com/devilsla ... e-response

hi, when i make good preset in pigmen i cry but when i put reverb on it is all muddy, please help
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Hello once again, so I came across this MacBook Air Speaker IR while diving through different IR folder that I've been collecting for quite some time now. From what I remember this IR came from someone here in this forum that includes this IR via google drive but unfortunately the link is now dead (so ctto of this IR/s). Don't know if it's really accurate so try to give it a spin if you have the time (maybe check your mix in it, use it as a sfx, or to emulate as if you really own a Macbook Air (well for those who don't have like me) :lol: )

Hello. Anybody knows if it's possible to find some free IRS of Yamaha Reverb, like Rev 5 or Rev 7 ?

Hello, I would like to share here a free IR of my Audio-Technica AT-SPB30 Boogie Box Portable Speaker (which sadly got sold). The IR consist of two wav files which are a small diaphragm condenser mic and a handheld dynamic mic. I've utilized a close miking (and a on-axis mic position) while doing these IR oh and a frequency sweep method in capturing the speaker IR.

The microphone/s is going straight into my M-Audio M-Track Duo 2-channel Interface, audio was recorded (and edited) through FL Studio (with sampling rate of 48kHz/24bit)

They're not perfect nor the best or accurate sounding IR (hence why I'm sharing these IR for free) (it's also in mono just like the free IR I have shared) don't know if you'll find these useful or handy but do have fun using these IR :D

Hi, guys!

We just released a new Impulse Response shop!

For now we released a FREE reverb starter pack and a IR pack inspired by the german 250 reverb :tu:

Check it out to get your free IR pack:
https://echoavenue.gumroad.com

:phones:

Hello once again, so a friend of my mine abroad sent me an small speaker IR of a Audio-Technica AT-SP202 SV Mirror Speaker that she owns, and she also wants to share it for free as well! From what she has told me, she had utilized a on-axis close-miking, with the microphone/s that she used being a cheap Sony Digital Voice Recorder and a cheap lapel mic oh and a frequency sweep method in capturing the speaker's IR.

She tells me that "It may not be the best nor a really accurate IR I have done since I was time constrained when I did this, but I do hope someone might find this IR a use in their projects or whatnot. And to those who have the real thing let me know if it sounds really close haha"

Enjoy these free small speaker IR!

Hello once again, does anyone know or have an (preferable a free if possible) IR of the EV 635A? thanks in advanced!

https://mod.audio/dwarf/

https://youtu.be/Gz23j6fYsXM

I didn’t see this mentioned yet or at least recently, which seems to be one of the first hardware stand alone floor units (to my knowledge) to be able to load reverb IRs of up to 15 seconds decay. There are a few units that can already load shorter couple second max reverb IRs. One review said the editor/screen GUI system was horrid though compared to other modern multi fx floor units, but who knows what that means… if you want to load/use your longer reverb IRs without use of a computer , this seems to be the one right now.

I stumbled upon a bunch of Shure microphone impulses for ye olde Sonic Foundry Acoustic Mirror. These could be downloaded for free from Sonic Foundry back around 2000.

They're in a proprietary .sfi format but as I have Acoustic Mirror as part of Sound Forge, I applied each of them to a test tone and deconvolved them into wav files to make them more universal.

The attachment below contains all 63 impulses as 44.1Khz 16-bit wav files.

:party:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Effects”