Writing Berlin School Music Within a DAW

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, that surprises me indeed. :) Even more surprising that you need to ask the questions you're asking here then.

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:22 pm Well, that surprises me indeed. :) Even more surprising that you need to ask the questions you're asking here then.
Why? This is a very bizarre line of inquiry

This has gone off topic. Can we get back to discussing the Viennese School?

Mozart often composed and improvised in real-time.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:22 pm This has gone off topic. Can we get back to discussing the Viennese School?
This could become a Boxing School class. :box:

It’s odd, though, that Boxing School is closed on Boxing Day. That seems like the one day of the year it ought to be open. :shrug:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

El°HYM wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:33 pm You could try VCV Rack, which should easily get you there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsmfU5TnPy4
What does a synth like this, modular, offer that something like Repro (i use a lot) doesn't offer, within the context of a daw? I'm completely unfamiliar with modular synths, with the possible exception of some time with Bazille.

ghostwhistler wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:34 am
El°HYM wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:33 pm You could try VCV Rack, which should easily get you there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsmfU5TnPy4
What does a synth like this, modular, offer that something like Repro (i use a lot) doesn't offer, within the context of a daw? I'm completely unfamiliar with modular synths, with the possible exception of some time with Bazille.
within the context of the host/synth, things "tend" to be more rigid in time for example.
within a modular, you can patch four (or more ) individual voices, each with a step sequencer, that can have its own clock. this means you can get the fluid sound of early td more easily.

or you could have lfos on a mixer, bringing things in and out of the mix.

all your voices (remember mostly mono at this time) on one gui, so no flicking between them for tweaking a filter or something.

not that it isn't possible in a host, just easier to get the flowing sound :)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”