@Hink... Do we have a new level of censorship reached here??

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’ve been on a few forums. This is one of the most free flowing - people get away with a lot of shit here. Some forums operate an instaban for simply discussing moderators’ decisions. It’s more work for mods to engage and make nuanced decisions than stick to more draconian rules. The problem with being free flowing is when people get away with being rude, because if *that guy* can be obnoxious then why should I check myself?

Hink wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:26 pm no I wasnt...but there you have it...you're wrong on the last part too but you wont listen to me.
I have no bone in this game, but I don't get a moderator making value judgments on the quality of threads? especially considering the shear number of repeating redundant threads on this site. < It doesn't bother me either, but let's be honest, if they exist why can't antics thread exist? Especially as mentioned since it was taking the opposite stance, i.e. the positive sides of the subscription model.
Maybe no one is protecting anyone, maybe the fact is not all the members agree with you and being a moderator means moderate, listen to both sides. He has been a member for more than four times as long as I have been a mod (I became the mod of the diy forum when I came up with it in '13 or '14 and a general mod oct 2016), but you come at me. I'm not biting, I have suspended him, Ben has suspended him, I have warned him, I will delete his posts if needed,and warn him again if needed, however he is responding pretty well, not perfect he has his moments but all you want to see is him banned.

I might suspend him again if it becomes needed, but in this case, if a ban is coming due to the fact I havent been a mod as long as others, well I would be stepping on toes and out of line to be the one to do it, replacing their judgement with mine. I respect Ben, Dan, Meffy and all the mods that have come and gone, I wont do that.

If you want more action on BONES than my deleting his threads, or warning him go to someone else...personally I think you just need to get over it and ignore him instead of stuff like this. But stop blaming me, there are more important things in life :lol:
I don't hate BONES, not sure where you got that idea? I engage with him all the time, I don't bother responding to people who I think are completely worthless. I just hate that he has a higher tolerance level of ad hominem behavior than others, for all the reasons you mentioned he gets special treatment, i.e. he has to really mess up in order to get your ire. I mean look, you're flatly admitting it here.

So, with that in mind, Antic is getting a far more harsh treatment, and that's not OK IMO, but it's your choice, that's the plainly obvious fact of the matter. Like I said I have no real bone in this, I don't think you're doing a terrible job here or anything, but I also have to be honest about where I do think there's room for improvement, mostly though this will be one of the last times I engage about this, since it's obvious nothing will change here, and I'm not in the habit of kicking water uphill. :shrug:

Edit: Pointless
Last edited by AnX on Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:22 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:26 pm no I wasnt...but there you have it...you're wrong on the last part too but you wont listen to me.
I have no bone in this game, but I don't get a moderator making value judgments on the quality of threads? especially considering the shear number of repeating redundant threads on this site. < It doesn't bother me either, but let's be honest, if they exist why can't antics thread exist? Especially as mentioned since it was taking the opposite stance, i.e. the positive sides of the subscription model.

you are being obtuse as it was not about the subject, as was explained by another
elxsound wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:46 pm
machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:25 pm Still don't understand why the thread was deleted? Hink you were wrong about it being a same same subscription thread, but you doubled down on it by deleting (hiding it whatever) it. Whether or not Antic is a problem child is beside the point.

All you choice of course, but it's as arbitrary to me as how a certain grrrr character gets treated here compared to other people. :shrug:
The short of it is that he offered if or another user wants to create the same thread again, he'll move back all the posts except for one user.

I don't have the energy for it, or else I would have offered.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I dont want people to feel that I am ignoring them but how much time do I have left
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Site Stuff”