Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder if you might apply to PatchStorage to add Architect as a platform Colin? (https://patchstorage.com)

It has been a great success for VCV Rack users for sharing patches.

A second beta build will be out today. Just a bug-fix update, alas, but once things are more or less stable, I can start tackling the feature requests.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

lnikj wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:51 am I wonder if you might apply to PatchStorage to add Architect as a platform Colin? (https://patchstorage.com)

Will do! I'd not heard of that before, but certainly seems like a decent community.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

woggle wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:50 am thanks _ I will try that. Ultimately I want to do more than play, eg apply processes to the file to generate a new file based on the original eg shuffle timing and pitch independently
You can use a `MIDI player` connected to a `write to MIDI pool` to run a file through Architect, as it were.

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:55 am
lnikj wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:51 am I wonder if you might apply to PatchStorage to add Architect as a platform Colin? (https://patchstorage.com)

Will do! I'd not heard of that before, but certainly seems like a decent community.
Great ! :tu:

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:04 am
woggle wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:50 am thanks _ I will try that. Ultimately I want to do more than play, eg apply processes to the file to generate a new file based on the original eg shuffle timing and pitch independently
You can use a `MIDI player` connected to a `write to MIDI pool` to run a file through Architect, as it were.
Like this for example:

This just transposes the MIDI file from the pool randomly each bar and writes the result to a new MIDI file into the pool.
This probably could be done better, but I'm still figuring things out :D
Should be enough as a basic example.

Delta Sign wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:33 am
colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:04 am
Like this for example:

This just transposes the MIDI file from the pool randomly each bar and writes the result to a new MIDI file into the pool.
This probably could be done better, but I'm still figuring things out :D
Should be enough as a basic example.
excellent and too kind - I will tackle this tomorrow - it is night here in Australia and we are all recovering from New Year's :)
what you don't know only makes you stronger

Regarding swing, this takes a MIDI file and adds swing to all notes above C3 and writes the result to a new MIDI file:

I'll stop now :D

The possibilities with Architect are really quite amazing! I'm not easily impressed by audio gear, but this one is definitely more than impressive. I'm definitely going to try to save up some money to get this.

Please, don't stop! These are all great. You taken to Architect like a Brian Eno duck to generative water.

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:16 am Please, don't stop! These are all great. You taken to Architect like a Brian Eno duck to generative water.
:hihi:

Architect is just right up my alley, I suppose :hihi:

I'm just messing around with "LFOs". Would this be the "right" way to implement a sine LFO in Architect? (In this case it's applied to the modwheel and quantized to 8th notes, but that could easily be changed).

Looks good. I tend to prefer using the `memory`, `store` and `load` modules for incrementing values, rather than feedback (which is what you've done when you feedback into the left-hand inlet of `+`), but that's just a personal preference. What you have there, though, looks absolutely right to me.

Imho Architect needs a lot mode more prefab modules /sequencers to compete with numerology .
Maybe when users will start to share their creations
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Yes, that's always been the goal. I've los of macros of my own, but I didn't want to burden the initial release with an overwhelming amount of components. Stability and bug-fixes first, and then I'll start expanding the content. I was thinking of creating some site to allow users to upload and share macros and presets, a la the Reaktor user library.

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:06 pm Looks good. I tend to prefer using the `memory`, `store` and `load` modules for incrementing values, rather than feedback (which is what you've done when you feedback into the left-hand inlet of `+`), but that's just a personal preference. What you have there, though, looks absolutely right to me.
Nice, that would indeed be a lot cleaner! Thanks! Using feedback like this always feels a little bit messy, but I guess it's an old Pure Data habit. I'm glad we don't have to deal with the hot and cold inlet mess from PD in Architect. The separate call inlet is a really nice idea and way more intuitive.

I'm just messing around with adding sliders to control the rate and range of the LFO, which seems to work fine so far :D

Why can't we have a direct midi cc lane in the mono/polystep sequencers ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Loomer”