Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

1) If I wrote to a plugin developer and asked for help about finding true love and happiness in the present day (or something like that). And the dev replied with advice, I wouldn't share it in a public forum.

2) However if I wrote to a plugin developer asking about status of their latest update, or new plugs. And the dev replied about that, of course I would share it in a public forum.

The first is a personal issue, the second is a business/trade issue.

Numanoid wrote:M
2) However if I wrote to a plugin developer asking about status of their latest update, or new plugs. And the dev replied about that, of course I would share it in a public forum.

The first is a personal issue, the second is a business/trade issue.
You don't think you should at least ask them if it is ok to share
Rsp
sound sculptist

I would take for granted they would be happy that anybody shared it. In business there is no publicity that is bad publicity as far as I know, and some free publicity is even better.

Personally I wouldn't share the contents of a private email on a public forum without asking the sender first.

OTH its really up to the sender of the email to include in their email sig: "this email is confidential for the addressee only" if the sender is treating it that way.

And who will be the loser if that new synth never materialize?

It will not be DS because he can just say that chk071 quoted him out of context, or just deny in general that any correspondence took place.

By posting this chk071 is the guarantist for the new synth happening, it is he who will have to take the scorn if it doesn't come true during the next months :wink:
chk071 wrote:Adding to the topic, Dmitry mentioned in an email that he has a new synth in the pipeline to be released in the next months. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it here, can't help it. :D Really thrilled to see what it's like. He wrote that it'd be released in September/October.

Who said it was business? And who said business mails are less confidential and private? I get a lot of business mail because of my job, and I am automatically bound by implied non-disclosure agreements. It is so standard there, it doesn't even have to be mentioned.

I remember exchanging mails with a few developers over the years, I never shared any information they gave me.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I get a lot of business mail because of my job, and I am automatically bound by implied non-disclosure agreements. It is so standard there, it doesn't even have to be mentioned.
So you are saying that chk071 is in a business relationship with DS, and not an interested customer ?

As I understand DS is in the business of making plugins. When he makes a comment about his plugins to a customer, it is a business/professional issue, not a personal one.

I don't have a private relationship with the developer. And please let's not blow this out of proportion.

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I get a lot of business mail because of my job, and I am automatically bound by implied non-disclosure agreements. It is so standard there, it doesn't even have to be mentioned.
So you are saying that chk071 is in a business relationship with DS, and not an interested customer ?

As I understand DS is in the business of making plugins. When he makes a comment about his plugins to a customer, it is a business/professional issue, not a personal one.
Like it or not, it is totally irrelevant. A personalized mail is private mail. If a developer has something to say to the public, he will do so on his site, FB, KVR etc.

chk071 wrote:And please let's not blow this out of proportion.
+1

I just see a lot of users who should not apply for a job in a newspaper :D

I think most users come to KVR to get the latest news/gossip about plugs :wink:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
chk071 wrote:Adding to the topic, Dmitry mentioned in an email that he has a new synth in the pipeline to be released in the next months. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it here, can't help it. :D Really thrilled to see what it's like. He wrote that it'd be released in September/October.

Oh, he also mentioned that Diversion 2 will have a reworked engine, and uses the new plugin framework he developed, which the "new synth" i mentioned also will use. Surely will take a while until Diversion 2 will be released though.
I don't think you should publish contents of emails here, emails are deemed private conversation.
I asked if I can publish the info and that was ok. He's not stupid and I have hard time to believe that he'd share anything "secret" with some random email asker.

But it's good thing that his products/upcoming products bring up conversation.

You asked, that was the right thing to do, just to be on the safe side.

Distorted Horizon wrote:He's not stupid and I have hard time to believe that he'd share anything "secret" with some random email asker.
+1

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Like it or not, it is totally irrelevant. A personalized mail is private mail. If a developer has something to say to the public, he will do so on his site, FB, KVR etc.
Actually, thinking about it, you're right, i shouldn't have done it. It's done now, so i can't revert it. Frankly though, i honestly believe that Dmitry and his products deserve more attention, not less.

Glad to know a new synth from him is coming in September/October. At least I'll be able to keep some money in reserve for it.

Return to “Instruments”