The Thesys Feature Request Thread

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aniajudie wrote:Also, if the sequences lengths could be independent. Eg: Pitch notes could be 8 steps, gate (3), velocity (8)..Can get some interesting lines.
+1

stephenbaishya wrote:
aniajudie wrote:Also, if the sequences lengths could be independent. Eg: Pitch notes could be 8 steps, gate (3), velocity (8)..Can get some interesting lines.
+1
Already possible. Switch the Loop parameter from GLOBAL to INDIVIDUAL.

broc wrote:Already possible. Switch the Loop parameter from GLOBAL to INDIVIDUAL.
Cool, thanks!

stephenbaishya wrote:
broc wrote:Already possible. Switch the Loop parameter from GLOBAL to INDIVIDUAL.
Cool, thanks!
wowoowowowwo!

Sugar Bytes wrote:There had to be the decision between tie (which makes overlapping notes impossible) and gate-times that can be longer than one step. We decided for the polyphonic overlapping possibilities, so tie will not be implemented.
Does this have to an either / or decision? Couldn't you provide a function to switch between tie and overlap?

Tie is a basic behaviour for a step sequencer - it seems a shame not to implement it, and would limit Thesys' usefulness for a lot of people (me included). The ability to choose between the two would be great.

It's funny that so many of the 'requests' can already be done! :wink:

I really do think that gate time should be allowed to be longer than 4 times the length of a step.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I really do think that gate time should be allowed to be longer than 4 times the length of a step.
But you can already create longer notes with the sustain controller (CC64)..

broc wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I really do think that gate time should be allowed to be longer than 4 times the length of a step.
But you can already create longer notes with the sustain controller (CC64)..
Echoes in the Attic wrote:It's funny that so many of the 'requests' can already be done! Wink
Case in point! :lol:

I don't know if its been mentioned but been able to adjust the pitch of the selected range when in individual loop mode would be good for creating progressions. I mean when you hold alt, it would be quicker than having to adjust each individual step. Now someones gonna come along and tell me it can be done. :P
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:I don't know if its been mentioned but been able to adjust the pitch of the selected range when in individual loop mode would be good for creating progressions. I mean when you hold alt, it would be quicker than having to adjust each individual step. Now someones gonna come along and tell me it can be done. :P

If I understand that correctly, just try this:

Holt ALT and move a Step, that will move all steps together

But in order to create progressions you could do that:

-Set the loop-bar to a 16-step loop in the first half of the sequencer
-Draw some notes and hit the "Copy" button
-Now move the loop-bar to the second half of the sequence (step 17-32)
-Hit the "Paste" button
-Now use the tiny "Up" and "Down" buttons to alter the pitch of the
notes within the loop bar.

Thats a good thing to create progressions of a theme.

Best
Rico

My only request for this would be to have a simple arp mode. It needs it badly. You can already play a note and have the sequencer play from the note as an offset, so the sequencer just needs to be able to cycle through the notes being held for each.

Doesn't need all the bells and whistles of consequence, just a simple arp mode. This would be so useful for those of us who can't justify consequence when all we want is the midi input arp mode. Thesys needs this, it would be perfect.

Sugar Bytes wrote:
musikmachine wrote:I don't know if its been mentioned but been able to adjust the pitch of the selected range when in individual loop mode would be good for creating progressions. I mean when you hold alt, it would be quicker than having to adjust each individual step. Now someones gonna come along and tell me it can be done. :P

If I understand that correctly, just try this:

Holt ALT and move a Step, that will move all steps together

But in order to create progressions you could do that:

-Set the loop-bar to a 16-step loop in the first half of the sequencer
-Draw some notes and hit the "Copy" button
-Now move the loop-bar to the second half of the sequence (step 17-32)
-Hit the "Paste" button
-Now use the tiny "Up" and "Down" buttons to alter the pitch of the
notes within the loop bar.

Thats a good thing to create progressions of a theme.

Best
Rico
Thanks Rico. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Hi guys and Sugar Bytes!

Thesys question: how to record velocity in real-time from midi keyboard? I need to record a pattern live so I could hear what I play and then played notes were repeated. When I press rec it only records note messages and I have to set velocity then manually with a mouse. All spontanuatety is lost.

In Era this feature is by default.

Thanks!

It seems that it has no such option. But it's the greatest live step sequencer i've seen. It's pretty useless for me now, but if velocity record or note on/off option will be added in 1.3 version I will surely buy Thesys :) Could you tell are you going to add this feature and if so when the next version will be released?

I would like to be able to use a key range that is wider than 25 keys to play Thesys.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”