Available now: Tone2 Icarus3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

It is possible that 'quick save patch' only works if it is a patch that is located in existing subdirectories within ../Icarus_sounds/ .
Expample: ../Icarus_sounds/MySounds/MyGreatPatch.fxp
For performance reasons the subdirectories get listed on plugin loading. If you create a new one you must restart the plugin.

I'll add support for quick saving to other locations in the next update. This will be useful.
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

tasty tatsyn wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:56 pm It could also happen if the folder you're saving is in [Icarus 2.5 -> Sounds].... instead of [icarus 3-> sounds]
My custom folder resides in Icarus_Sounds along with all the other Icarus 3 factory presets. Icarus 3 overwrites version 2.5 so there is only one file path.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:06 pm It is possible that 'quick save patch' only works if it is a patch that is located in existing subdirectories within ../Icarus_sounds/ .
Expample: ../Icarus_sounds/MySounds/MyGreatPatch.fxp
For performance reasons the subdirectories get listed on plugin loading. If you create a new one you must restart the plugin.
I'll add support for quick saving to other locations in the next update. This will be useful.
For the record my custom folder resides in Icarus_Sounds with all the other factory folders and was created in February of 2023 for Icarus 2 so not a new folder created in a session.

The issue persists after an OS restart (Win 10) and a DAW or plugin restart.

Icarus 041124-2.png

EDIT: Ok I've been working on the issue further this morning. It occurs when trying to Quick Save into the top folder in the list even if it's a factory folder like "1 Key Hold". This issue does not occur when using Quick Save on folders below the top folder in the list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

IvyBirds wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:55 pm
LFO8 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:04 pm IvyBirds what is this crusade you are on??
Apparently we can't agree to disagree because you seem to be taking issue with me asking about the skin used on Icarus3 three from the designer of the plugin

To me its very obvious the design is derivative from other plugins so much I wonder if other companies had a hand in it. Why are you allowed to ask about it but I can't? This is a fascinating topic one Marcus has chosen to participate in so much so that he himself started new threads about

Forgive me for asking a follow up question to his statement on the skins of his products
As the saying goes...

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

IvyBirds wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:55 pm
LFO8 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:04 pm IvyBirds what is this crusade you are on??
Apparently we can't agree to disagree because you seem to be taking issue with me asking about the skin used on Icarus3 three from the designer of the plugin
You're not honestly asking about anything... you're just being a childish little twit.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:16 pm Question for tone2: It was mentioned in I think the default skin thread that there was a version of the "Elegant" skin that also had indication of bipolar controls (that default at center), whixh was lost in the elegant skins i checked. I searched but couldn't find it. Which skin were you referring to?
nada?

Glad to seee Icarus upgraded! The Upgrade was a instant buy for me. When it comes to the soundquality, flexibility, copy-protection, CPU-efficiency ratio Icarus is THE BEST synth on the Native platform. Tone2 has always been a Juggernaut with synthesis and this ratio.

I started supporting Tone2 in 2005 about 20 years ago when there was a Group-Buy here at KVR for Firebird their only synth. i continued to support as more products was released as i fell in love with the companies style and focus with Development. Tone2 has always focused immensely on sound-quality to the point of purity as there is a cleaness and clearness to icarus like no other. This focus on Soundquality was not at the expense of CPU as T2 synths sound great while remaining efficient and not killing your CPU. Tone2 has a great philosophy when it comes to developing synths. Tone2 synths are proud to be Digital as Tone2 don't get too caught up in analog emulation, just proud Digital and i love that!

I have a extremely powerfull 12th generation 10-core i5 at 3.7 GHz base speed and great sounding plus efficient plugins like Icarus make it more powerfull! Because of Icarus and Reason (OBJEKT, Friktion, etc) i've never been truly tempted by Falcon and other instruments of that ilk. Icarus is king! Long live Icarus!

PS. Congradulations Markus and the rest of Tone2 for this amazing upgrade!
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Greetings, how is summer? :D

Icarus 3 - 5 more own presets
+ the excellent company of Arturia Efx Refract

It's kind of a 1 key multi presets, like if you had layers on Icarus like there is in Omnisphere or Electra.
https://youtu.be/uRsCbSDoESk

LFO8 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:04 pm IvyBirds what is this crusade you are on?? You are starting to get very annoying, obnoxious and most of all show yourself to be very ignorant or insensitive to the concept of design language.

In three separate threads you are calling everyone and their mother a moron for not seeing things your way.

We can agree to disagree.
Competitor trying to derail.

I think the gui.is great. Fits a lot in, not too crowded. Just right.

a bit of off topic and most on topic...

The On Topic part:
- The same 5 Icarus presets now played solo for better hearing.
- Arturia REFRACT also being tweaked from defaults.

The "off-topic":
Aparently youtube doesn't even recognize tags!??! and so i can't even find my video in searches ?!... although i'm playing the synth live and have Tone2 Icarus 3 both in title and description.... :scared: :o
Brilliant... you can't make content with just.... content, need to please the AI [note taken]...

So to please The Genious AI i made a new video.... (also to work somewhat on video editing skills)

https://youtu.be/wrTLhISEzj8

Did you try quoting the song, synth, or/and the composers name in your search? For example,
my first and last name include tons of historic and political people, so one has to quote my name
in some searches, to find a particular song, and then some songs that I (perhaps foolishly) gave a somewhat generic or common title, may also need to be quoted, in case dozens of other songs used the title previously. Battle dem algorridems! :hyper:
Cheers

@Tone2 Synthesizers
Just out of curiosity: Are you considering to release your plugins in CLAP format?
Yes/No answer is sufficient. I don't demand an explanation. I'm really just curious.
--
BTW: I grabed Icarus 3 a few days ago and it's just a crazy capable synth that blew me away. Great work! Never stop stop releasing new synths ... If this is the outcome of no longer releasing new stuff!!!

Hey guys, I'm hoping to check out this synth soon when I have some time and release another bank for it using the new features in version 3. In the meantime, I discounted my previous Icarus Banks to $10-$12 a piece in case anyone wants to pick them up. Cheers.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

] Peter:H [ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:37 pm @Tone2 Synthesizers
Just out of curiosity: Are you considering to release your plugins in CLAP format?
Yes/No answer is sufficient. I don't demand an explanation. I'm really just curious.
We are glad that support for CLAP has been announced for FL Studio. We hope that more DAWs will support it soon. We are seriously considering to add support for CLAP in the future.
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:40 am
] Peter:H [ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:37 pm @Tone2 Synthesizers
We are glad that support for CLAP has been announced for FL Studio. We hope that more DAWs will support it soon. We are seriously considering to add support for CLAP in the future.
The last couple of beta's has added support for CLAP. Exciting stuff. Although it is still early stages

Return to “Instruments”