One Synth Challenge #75: PG-8X (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

bibz1st wrote: What free vst's are you using cause I rarely have any issues with Mulab not loading anything as long as you use the correct version ( 32 bit synth /32 bit Mulab, 64 bit synth/64 bit Mulab)
I have bought the 64 bit version of Mulab. Do I understand you right: I have to buy the 32 bit version of Mulab too just for being able to use all my plug ins??? That sounds fairly weird. Cubase makes no differences in this issue, I have got the 64 bit version of Cubase and no problems to load 32 bit synths too.

Anyway, for the case that I need to buy 2 versions of Mulab just for being able to use all my plug ins then I think it is too expensive for me. But thanks for your explanation.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

No, you can use both versions on the one license
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I have the feeling, Jo will try to work out a solution to have an internal bridge to handle 32- and 64 bit plugins without having to switch Mulab versions or use Jbridge to patch vsts. But, anyway, you only ever have to buy one license to download and run any version.

Now I will have to look into how the voting works... :oops:

@bibz1st and taron:
Thank you both for the info :) This idea with the bridge sounds good because otherwise it would be still problematic and uncommfortable, because what if I wish to use some of my 32 bit synths and my 64 bit synths at the same project? I will wait for a solution in the future.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
Daodejing verse 37

Mojo42 wrote:@bibz1st and taron:
Thank you both for the info :) This idea with the bridge sounds good because otherwise it would be still problematic and uncommfortable, because what if I wish to use some of my 32 bit synths and my 64 bit synths at the same project? I will wait for a solution in the future.
FYI: Reaper and Bitwig both do this automatically, fairly seamlessly.

Hello everyone,

Here is my submission.

I did use the recent release of the free Tracktion 4.
It brought back some memories, but I reckon it's best to use a sequencer you know well when trying to rush a track out of the door to meet the OSC deadline.

https://soundcloud.com/jay-f-2/jay-f-basic-mike

DAW : Tracktion 4.5.6

Synth:
14x PG-8X (MLVST)

Some drums presets from Mojo-42.

Insert effects :
14x Tracktion 4-band Eq
6x Tracktion Compressor
2x Kirnu Arpegiattor
6x TAL Dub II
2x TAL Filter II

Send effects:
1x Tracktion Compressor
1x Voxengo OldSkoolVerb
1x TAL Reverb II

Master effects :
1x Tracktion 4-band EQ
1x Tracktion Compressor
1x LoudMax
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-f-2

Hello. This is my first post here and my PG-8X track is the following one:
https://soundcloud.com/transistores-du- ... -challenge

I haven't used any effects, but used some EQ when needed a bit more than what LPF and HPF can offer.

Screenshot of one of the more interesting patches is used as cover artwork (it's cropped, but all needed levers and buttons are visible).

EDIT:

DAW: FL Studio 5 (I KNOW!!)

Synth:
9x PG-8X (MLVST)

Effects:
internal FL 3-band EQ on six instances
Last edited by PinWizz on Sun May 31, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PinWizz wrote:Hello. This is my first post here and my PG-8X track ...
I haven't used any effects, but used some EQ when needed a bit more than LPF and HPF can offer.
Hi there and welcome to OSC. Cheers for the submission, please list the specific FX, DAW, and number of instances of the synth used. Take a peek at the other submissions for examples.

my track for the #75 One Synth Challenge: PG-8X
done in Ableton
30 x PG-8x
host fx: compressor, delay, reverb, filter
freeware fx: oldschoolverb, freeverbtoo, pancake2, rough rider, slick eq, ott
https://soundcloud.com/wirkmenge/besh-hackbrett

A huge & very special track is comming!
:hyper: :wheee:
Almost ready. . .

z.prime wrote:
Mojo42 wrote:@bibz1st and taron:
FYI: Reaper and Bitwig both do this automatically, fairly seamlessly.
Thanks. Good to know. Would have been my next question before I download and install Reaper :wink:

@J.Ruegg: "Very special" sounds great. That are my favorite tracks :D
Daodejing verse 37

I've often wanted to take part in OSC but never managed it so far. This weekend I found a bit of time and so have a submission. Could probably do with some more time on the mix but there isn't any :)

https://soundcloud.com/astralp/astralp-the-insight-lies

DAW - Cubase 8

23 x PG8X

Inserts/Sends

2 x Autopan
2 x Ping Pong Delay
1 x Stereo Delay
1 x Reverence Reverb
1 x Roomworks Reverb

Master Inserts

1 x Studio EQ
1 x Multi-band Compressor
1 x Maximizer
1 x Voxengo Span (free meter)
1 x UV22HR (Dithering)

I've submitted my track to the OSC#75 group, please let me know if there's anything else I need to do :)

EDIT: Here's the Presets - PG-8X Presets
Last edited by Astralp on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

J.Ruegg wrote:A huge & very special track is comming!
Oh, the anticipation is killing me... better deliver! ;)

Here is my first and humble participation to this fun challenge

https://soundcloud.com/daru925/daru925- ... c-75-pg-8x

12 instances of PG-8X

MASTER BUS
A1 Stereo Tool
TDR Kotelnikov
Maximus
ReaFir
Fruity Limiter
Span
TT Dynamic Range Meter

Vst and FX:
Kirnu
FruityMute2
Fruity EQ2
TDR Kotelnikov
ReaComp
TDR Slick EQ
Tal Dub Delay II and III
Tal Reverb
EpicVerb

and 7 instances of UCC Blend coffee :D

All patches made from scratch, it seems that PG-8X is allergic to my midi controllers^^
Almost every time i tried assigning a parameter to a knob on my lpd8, it would freeze FL Studio...
So i had to use automation clips, no knob twiddling fun :(

doctorbob wrote:Plenty of time then ...
27th - composition
28th - more sound design coz what you already did was all wrong
29th - mixing
30th - Mastering/tweaking
31st - Upload
I guess I don't really have that much separation between the aspects of track creation... In case you were wondering, here's what really transpired (was about to use about 2/3 of the sounds I had, created about 1/3 of them during the past few days):
  • 27th - composition, more sound design coz what you already did was all wrong , mixing, tweaking
  • 28th - composition, more sound design coz what you already did was still all wrong , mixing, tweaking
  • 29th - composition, more sound design coz what you already did was yet all wrong , mixing, tweaking
  • 30th - composition, more sound design coz what you already did was still not right, mixing, tweaking, mastering
  • 31st - composition, mixing, tweaking, mastering, finally upload :)

Return to “Instruments”