Zebralette 3 Public Beta Announcement (Revision 15573)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

There is no hope for VST2. We have updated to the latest and greatest version of VST3, which comes with the provision of ending VST2. We double-checked this with Steinberg: Within the next 12 months or so we have to remove VST2 from all our releases. By then our transition to CLAP as our internal format needs to be complete, i.e. not only our plug-ins but all our internal testing tools will be rewritten to use CLAP instead of VST2.

Great job guys! It's safe to say that this and zebra 3 are amongst the most anticipated synth plugins ever.

An oscillator module whose depth must be measured in lightyears. Impressed, but not surprised. ;)

Awesome!
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Wowzers, the "Curve Spectrum" mode punches Wolfman right in the nards dunnit? :lol:

Sound Author wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:54 am Wowzers, the "Curve Spectrum" mode punches Wolfman right in the nards dunnit? :lol:
Yup... welcome to the Wild West!

PLA make some sort of dark theme. I have photophobia, it's real pain for me to work with bright GUI. And a lot producers also work in studios with less lightning

I was scouring through the manual hoping to see if "save as default preset" is added to this but guess it's not implemented yet. Hope to see it in the official release of Zebralette 3 or Zebra 3. I don't how many here care about it but I found it to be a nice feature in two synth that have this. One is Surge and the other one is Vital.

This is absolutely jaw-on-the-floor insane. :o The WT OSC bar has been raised (probably for good). Time from simple wave to beautiful table w all manner of mod is only a couple minutes. So much immediate and usable material with a few simple twists. The editors are a pleasure to use for sure and I am HIGHLY appreciative of the easier/full function MSEG, but for me and my musical side I am loving the spectral shaping alternatives and modulating these with the MUCH APPRECIATED full-featured mod matrix. All manner of amazing rhythmic percussive loops and arpeggio-ish phrases can be had with a few simple steps. Don't think I can leave the house this weekend. Although it's a single OSC (which is probably more a Positive than a deficiency these days), one can do nearly everything with this setup with patience and learning the workflow. Thanks a lot for this one guys! :pray: :clap:

Sasayronald wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:38 am PLA make some sort of dark theme. I have photophobia, it's real pain for me to work with bright GUI. And a lot producers also work in studios with less lightning
+1

Feature Request (though I know this is feature complete, I'll still write it here in case it can be implemented for Zebra 3:

1) Would be lovely to have "unison voices" as a modulation source, meaning that a parameter can be offset by the unison voice setting. For instance if I have Unison voices set to 2 and then use "unison voice" as a modulation source I could force the 2nd voice to have a different value for the modulated parameter. If the voice count was 3 then the 1st voice would have the parameters original value, 2nd voice would have 50% of the modulation depth amount and the 3rd voice would get 100% of the mod depth.. etc. This is a feature I really enjoy on the Behringer Deepmind and I use it all the time to create thicker more interesting variations.

U-He Diva has this option, kind of.

Also if possible, maybe even have "Polyphonic voice nr" as a mod source. Would work exactly as my proposed unison voice modulation source but for each newly triggered voice.

2) EDIT: Oops, didn't notice there was an actual mod matrix.. never mind this 2nd FR
Last edited by bmanic on Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

In Renoise, menu-based controls work properly without having to check "Enable Keyboard." Neat! This is unlike other U-he plug-ins where menu items can be selected but do nothing unless "Enable Keyboard" is checked.

Renoise is a niche DAW, so I don't blame U-he. I don't know if this fixed behavior can be brought to previous U-he plug-ins, but it's nice to have it in Zebralette 3 and, presumably, Zebra 3. As a tracker, Renoise is very keyboard-centric, so being able to leave "Enable Keyboard" unchecked so MIDI notes can be played via the keyboard is very convenient.

Thank you for the beta, lovely little but powerfull synth. One thing i cant understand, how can i browse wavetables? there is no wavetable selector?

i just made some metallic sounding presets and this synth is soo easy to program and so fun, you can modulate the mseg envelope also and make it morph and those morphing shapes to modulate the osc and osc fx, damn fun little synth
Zebra 3 will be the ultimate crazy monster
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “u-he”