IK Pianoverse

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jamcat wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:02 pm
Huh. It has a full sized USB port which is the reason I want that one, since the StealthPedal uses USB-B and has a port cut out for it.

What’s the trick to get native support? And are there other versions with the full size USB and similar dimensions that support native USB?

Edit — it looks like this information is available here:

https://tttapa.github.io/Control-Surfac ... r-USB.html

If I’m reading it correctly, the Uno can be flashed with MIDI firmware after programming.

As long as it will be a plug-n-play USB device after that and not need any software on the computer to see it, I’m OK with that.

Uno seems to be the only one with USB-B.
Correct, Uno can be flashed, never done that tbh. You have to consider the form factors too - uno is larger than say micro. Mine was already crammed with the micro, not sure if I could fit in a Uno. You can also go with a small internal male micro USB to female USB-B cable as a workaround. But it's up to you really, you can even have the Arduino outside the pedal and pass the cables through the hole.

I have been using this for more than two years with no issues. At some point along the way when I was sure it was working fine, I completely removed the original electonics of the pedal and only kept the arduino.

Whereas the VPC1 is absolutely fantastic and great quality, the acompanying pedal (F-30 which is a Fatar unit) is nowhere near and several people had issues like me. I never looked back after the mod.

Btw the mod gives you 3 continuous contollers as opposed to the orignal 1 continuous + 2 switches of the pedal. Works great with Pianoteq for example. But I also map pedals to aftertouch or other controllers for synth work.

Costis wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:55 pm Correct, Uno can be flashed, never done that tbh. You have to consider the form factors too - uno is larger than say micro. Mine was already crammed with the micro, not sure if I could fit in a Uno. You can also go with a small internal male micro USB to female USB-B cable as a workaround. But it's up to you really, you can even have the Arduino outside the pedal and pass the cables through the hole.
If I do my own 3x damper pedal, I will use the micro, and probably use a micro to USB-C adapter, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-KUXIYAN- ... B07VBV1PY5

What I’m thinking about the Uno for is to replace the internals of my IK Multimedia StealthPedal (USB wah pedal controller), since it can’t connect without its control software which no longer works, and IK has abandoned it.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:59 pm What I’m thinking about the Uno for is to replace the internals of my IK Multimedia StealthPedal (USB wah pedal controller), since it can’t connect without its control software which no longer works, and IK has abandoned it.
Ah got it, thought that was a piano pedal too. For that I guess you could also use the expression / dual footswitch outputs (via jack cables) and process the signals on an external arduino in order to encode them to USB midi, without even opening the pedal. That would need some research and programming of course.

Gran Concerto 278 has been released!
Adding the distinctive voice of the Fazioli F278 to the Pianoverse virtual instrument

IK Multimedia releases Gran Concerto 278, the latest addition to IK’s groundbreaking Pianoverse virtual instrument, which combines the world’s finest concert-grade pianos with inspiring, cinematic effects. For subscribers, Gran Concerto 278 is included with the Pianoverse update released today through the IK Product Manager or may be purchased separately.

Pianoverse lets users explore a breathtaking sonic range, from the most true-to-life acoustic piano experience to the wildest atmospheric and interactive creative textures, all in a single plug-in. And all with incredible ease of use and an inspiring workflow.

Gran Concerto 278 is based on a robot-assisted deep multisampling of a 9.5’ Fazioli F278 Concert Grand piano manufactured by Fazioli Pianoforti of Sacile, Italy. Made from the finest materials, this masterpiece of craftsmanship uses wood from the same red spruce forest in the Carpathian Mountains where Antonio Stradivari cultivated his rare and celebrated violins. It’s considered by many jazz and classical players to be the finest piano in the world.

https://youtu.be/HPceZDznbO4

Learn more at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/p ... ncerto278/

Can I get Pianoverse with my Gear Credits now?
Got 195 of them and nothing interesting to use them on.

Return to “Instruments”