Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5.1 UPDATE – LFO Favorites + more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Upgraded. It's good.
Cost me £37.54 direct from their site.

Upgraded and played with it this morning. Loving audio trigger, great for those of us who don’t strictly quantize.

Only possible addition I’d like to see currently is per-Shaper audio triggers/thresholds/frequency ranges so that you could trigger different effects for kicks, snares and hats for example.

Also seems that following on from Unfiltered Audio and Kilohearts, would be a fine idea to add a synth to this ecosystem.

shonky wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:39 pmAlso seems that following on from Unfiltered Audio and Kilohearts, would be a fine idea to add a synth to this ecosystem.
Like...
https://www.cableguys.com/curve.html
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:14 pm
shonky wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:39 pmAlso seems that following on from Unfiltered Audio and Kilohearts, would be a fine idea to add a synth to this ecosystem.
Like...

https://www.cableguys.com/curve.html
Yeah, nice synth but think that’d been around for a while before the original Shaperbox appeared, so would probably need an overhaul.

Cableguys offered a vague answer to if/when the intro upgrade price will end. I'm going to pass on this, not enough brought to the table for me to justify the price also considering the high exchange rates. Maybe later. Maybe not. so many plugins to choose from...
Hi there,

Thank you for your mail. All I can tell you at this point is that the price will rise after Black Friday at some point, but it will still remain a very fair price.

Thanks,

Ronan / Cableguys
Last edited by plexuss on Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The update to the GUI looks great, thanks for the hard work on this! Couple questions about future features:

Any plans to add the option for polyphonic midi / key trigger? This is a really nice feature KHS Snap Heap has for example.

Also it would be nice to have a master mix "lock" for toggling through presets and a full generator (shaper) randomize function :). Great for when you need a little inspiration. DS Tantra 2 is a good example of this.

Upgraded.

(But I guess this should've been version 2.5, not an entirely new plugin.)

plexuss wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:39 pm Cableguys offered a vague answer to if/when the intro upgrade price will end. I'm going to pass on this, not enough brought to the table for me to justify the price also considering the high exchange rates. Maybe later. Maybe not. so many plugins to choose from...
Hi there,

Thank you for your mail. All I can tell you at this point is that the price will rise after Black Friday at some point, but it will still remain a very fair price.

Thanks,

Ronan / Cableguys
I feel the same, or at least I don't think the upgrade price should change, I already paid $90 for Shaperbox 2, $30 for upgrade is fair when you think somebody new can pay just the $90 to get version 3

upgraded

loving Shaperbox 3
i wish i could save my own settings/presets in the individual shapers

Nice update. Agree that the preset browser could use some improvements. It would be great if one could check several shapers at once to narrow down the numbers. And be able to exclude a shaper, e.g. noise, if you don't want that. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to implement these changes.

I'm assuming the upgrade prices are on until blackfriday?

plexuss wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:39 pm Cableguys offered a vague answer to if/when the intro upgrade price will end. I'm going to pass on this, not enough brought to the table for me to justify the price also considering the high exchange rates. Maybe later. Maybe not. so many plugins to choose from...
Hi there,

Thanks,

Ronan / Cableguys
same, the exchange rate kills this for me - also I am annoyed at Cableguys forcing me to buy Noise to upgrade the bundle and get the bundle price - I dont want Noise. Plus Shaperbox keeps defaulting to putting in the 'Noise' demo and wanting me to download stuff. There is a setting to not show demos but that goes back to show demos all the time. I dont really want 'in-app purchases' in my music software

Just bought it. I am not sure if I like it. Version 2 GUI was near to perfect. Now they changed the layout, but why? What was bad, having the icons above the curve editor and now it's on the side. The options were very handy in the boxes, now it are just small icons, which looks overloaded to my eyes.

Sometimes I habe the impression, that GUIs are just made new, to have it made new. I would prefer evolution instead of revolution at some places. Beside the added features, I see no benefit in changing the GUI to as it is now.

Any third party sellers selling the $29 upgrade?
Didn't see it at Pluginboutiqe.

Return to “Effects”