VSTi closest to MOOG ONE 16 voice

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Korg Supporter wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 pm Tone2's Icarus 3 is not only going to have a lowpass Ladder filter, but it will also have new oscillator drift modes! It will have a few new random modulation sources as well.
I thought they stopped developing stuff?

Buy new Moog synth now. :neutral:
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:48 pm
Korg Supporter wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 pm Tone2's Icarus 3 is not only going to have a lowpass Ladder filter, but it will also have new oscillator drift modes! It will have a few new random modulation sources as well.
I thought they stopped developing stuff?
They aren't making more synths. Markus is working on the last synth upgrade, and then he will actively maintain the existing lineup. There's a thread about Icarus 3. It's also going to have a 64-bit audio engine, improved FX, granular synthesis, new spectral features, new hypersaws, new FM ratios, an MS-20 filter, proper MPE support for VST3, and other adjustments and fixes.

Edit: Typos

D-Fusion wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:35 pm
martiu wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:11 pm the best moog emulator is the Softube one, Synapse Legend second place
For me the Legend is on the first place.
Softube Model 72's Decay behavior is way off compared to Legend when i compare them to my hw.
We don’t know that the unit they used to model their software off of was calibrated differently than yours. Softube is pretty amazing. Decay time doesn’t seem like something they’d botch.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Massive X is the answer. I don’t know, but to me it can sound more analogue than Diva and even Repro. So, I don’t have a Moog One, but have a Prophet and MX IMHO is better emulating that than Repro, sometimes. If you cleverly use the VR modulator.

In terms of Moog One it ticks most boxes. It’s got the best sounding ladder filter emu (Blue Monark), has got the voices and absolutely top notch sound. Most importantly the VCA is modelled correctly. This is what most analogue emulations are missing. They all have this plasticky attack, where MX can have this natural woody snap, this immediate clicky-ness that vsts don’t do well or at all.

Also, I am not associated with this at all, but there are some Jupiter 8 style patches for MX which frankly don’t really sound like J8 IMHO, but you can learn a lot from the patches and observe some clever modulation and routing in order to make MX sound like a beautiful analogue poly:

https://m.soundcloud.com/mach5ivesounds ... i-mach5ive

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:09 am
martiu wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:11 pm the best moog emulator is the Softube one, Synapse Legend second place
Softube Model 72's Decay behavior is way off compared to Legend when i compare them to my hw.
We don’t know that the unit they used to model their software off of was calibrated differently than yours. Softube is pretty amazing. Decay time doesn’t seem like something they’d botch.
Try to make a nice round sounding snappy Bass that keeps it's Harmonics in Model 72.
It is impossible as you either get a thump sound with no energy in it or a to long decay that sounds very aggressive.

It is spot on for other sounds but it has problem with creating those sounds.
Legend does do this very well and the only difference is that the Legend sounds a tiny bit darker in the top end but you really have to listen for it to hear it and when you add drums to the mix they sound the same.

Old thread, but I think Ana2 is worth checking out for this. It has oscillators based on many classic analogs as well as wavetables. And it has 2 filters of many different styles, as well as plenty of polyphony and other features of the moog one. I think it does some pretty nice sounds along the lines of moog, roland and oberheim actually.

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:09 am
It's not nearly as snappy as Monark or Diva though, which makes me sceptical about the envelopes.

Legend isn't exactly snappy either though, IIRC.

Tranzistow..

The Legend HZ

Lbdunequest wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:10 am The Legend HZ
Only 12 poly, he wants 16.

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:20 pm
Agreed, the most authentic sounding is the Softube, but The Legend still sounds awesome and adds so much.
UAD MiniMoog and Moog MiniMoog vsti are way more closer
But UAD native still doesn't support midi learn, Moog is only available on Mac

I never touched a real moog one, but I would imagine that the legend Hz and Arturia Mini v4 should come really close.
Arturia made a big step to get their minimoog as authentic as Softube and UAD.
The new MSEG, sequencer and two Lfo from the legend comes also more close to the Moog one.
In Ableton you can also make every mono synth polyphon via M4L and map all parameters on each device simultaneously

Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:35 am
zerocrossing wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:20 pm
Agreed, the most authentic sounding is the Softube, but The Legend still sounds awesome and adds so much.
UAD MiniMoog and Moog MiniMoog vsti are way more closer
But UAD native still doesn't support midi learn, Moog is only available on Mac
Which version of the Model D do you have that you compared it to?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”