P5 preset bank converter (beta)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heh, ironically, rev2 is the one which does the eerie and creepy sounds way way better. :)

EvilDragon wrote: ↑Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:07 pm Heh, ironically, rev2 is the one which does the eerie and creepy sounds way way better. :)
Wasn't the John Carpenter Prophet-5 a Rev 3? That's the sound I'd describe as creepy.

A quick run through some factory presets shows what amounts to about a 3-to-1 split of Rev 3 filter versus Rev 1/2 filter on the factory patches. Estimating of course. But looking at some banks of 8 seeing the Rev 1/2 filter twice with the Rev 3 six times. The Rev 1/2 will appear more than twice in a few banks. But the same holds true for the presets I've made myself. So far they heavily favor the Rev 3 type.

Having both types in one synth doesn't make me think the Rev 1/2 SSM filter was way superior to the Curtis filters. Just different. It sounds like a Prophet either way.

Hi all
Thank You Urs for this tools.I can't believe Repro 5 sound is so close to my Prophet 5 rev 3.3!It is totally amazing.
For sure, i have to tweak some knobs on the VST to match close to the real thing,and for sure my old P5 is a more organic thanks to a lot of calibration problems and detune ;) Anyway, well done.
It would be a great idea to put a little bit more "de"tuning tools into the plug like for exemple individual Env and filter voices tuning,if any plan with an upgrade for sure!For people who are intersting in doing sysex transfer,the best way is to have a rev 3.3 with official sequential midi board and install the last OS 10.6 from TAUNTEK (absolutly must have )

Repro is such an amazing soft-synth. The longer I go around on this stuff, hardware and software, the more i appreciate the raw tone and the simplicity and effectiveness of the UI. And the effects section. Genuinely an amazing synth.

Hi Urs, Have you ever thought of reversing the converter in a way,such as Prophet 5/10 owners could use Repro5 as an editor of sorts for the actual prophet. I ask this,because to date, there's not a super great editor available for it. Also, will repro5 ever see the benefit of perhaps a repro10 where as we can split and layer voices?
Thanks !
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I’d be delighted if Sequential did an import for our preset format. I think that’s how things would work best.

As for multitimbrality, we haven’t given it much thought yet. Maybe after Z3/D2 we can have a look at the major options ahead for Repros!

Awesome thanks for the reply.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

converter encounters fatal error and terminates on Mac Monterey 12.4 M1

Sorry to resurrect this thread, the link to the converter on page one is broken. Is there somewhere else we can download the converter? Thanks.

The final version is linked at the bottom of this page:

https://u-he.com/tools/

Urs wrote: ↑Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:21 am The final version is linked at the bottom of this page:

https://u-he.com/tools/
Awesome, thanks.

Return to β€œu-he”