Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Softube Modular

That sounded good, particularly the drums.

Would be good if there was a Mutron module, and I guess there will be a Tsar module.

Good call. I was thinking Fix would be a cool module, too.

Numanoid wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Which will sound better? Will they both sound good? Will one be clearly superior?

And how do you find all this out before actually getting them both?
Demo 'em?
Ah, will there be demos? I have Reaktor 5 but don't know if I can download 6 just to demo it. I don't recall any NI stuff having demos. And as for Softube, as it's not even released yet, no way of knowing if there will be a demo for this either. But yeah, if there are demos, sure I'll demo first.

** EDIT ** Okay, just went to the Reaktor 6 site and don't see anywhere to download a demo version. So demoing Reaktor 6 is not an option.

You've always been able to demo Reaktor, just download Reaktor 6 player and you can run it as Reaktor full in demo mode for 30 minutes at a time with no restrictions.

aMUSEd wrote:You've always been able to demo Reaktor, just download Reaktor 6 player and you can run it as Reaktor full in demo mode for 30 minutes at a time with no restrictions.
Well, it must be a very well kept secret because I can't find it anywhere on the site.

Thanks. Just found it. Question. Can Reaktor 5 and 6 both run at the same time or once you get Reaktor 6 all Reaktor 5 stuff is gone?

Shouldn't make a difference.

Looks like the free Xmas blocks are also still available so you can play with those without limitations or timeouts. Eliane in particular is amazing (you can guess who it's named after).
Last edited by aMUSEd on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Syntilla wrote:
Uncle E wrote:My main issue is I haven't heard any Doepfer modules that I liked.
+1
Well, I started building my system in 1996, so I have about 50% Doepfer modules. Admittedly, they are more meat and potatoes and not as fun as the other stuff, but I never had any issue with the sound or build quality.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

They run side-by-side. You needed Reaktor Player 6 to run the Blocks Wired gift that NI gave away for Christmas.

If you use Komplete Kontrol you need to uncheck the option there to always use the newest plugin version. Otherwise launching a Reaktor patch will open Reaktor Player 6 instead of full Reaktor 5.

aMUSEd wrote:Shouldn't make a difference.

Looks like the free Xmas blocks are also still available so you can play with those without limitations or timeouts. Eliane in particular is amazing (you can guess who it's named after).
Sorry my bad, Eliane was just in the Xmas update for full Reaktor owners, the free Wired set was Lumikko, Submotion and XY - XY is my favourite of those.

I don't want to highjack this thread with reaktor material, but just thought I'd share a series of videos I just watched that may be of interest to some of you who were asking about demos -- it may save you the time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQVZvGM ... tml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbyXGTkEPpo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzf8aSHAI40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEvlEylpXY

Seems pretty cool to me.

Back on topic: Have any other sound examples of softube modular surfaced, other than that video with the cam mike?

Softube modules - officially licensed by the hardware creators. Reaktor, not so much. (not saying Reaktor modules aren't and won't be good)

Softube also doesn't require the iLok dongle any longer. You'd still need a soft iLok account, but all of their stuff is now optional. I'd assume that would be the case for this as well?

I don't know. $99 for a number of licensed modules with the ability to cherry pick the modules I like in the future seems like a helluva deal. Softube stuff is very high quality stuff IMO. Only problem is, that demo really didn't do anything for me.

Keep in mind the drum modules aren't included in the $99 and I think you have to have their Heartbeat drum synth. Thought I recalled him saying something like that.

I see comparisons to Reaktor Blocks...

Reaktor blocks sound great. But patching with them is nothing like hardware modular experience. You have to keep going to diagram view and different patchings should be saved as different ensembles and can't be saved just as a plugin preset in host or projects. Snapshots are only snapshots of parameters. I think that's enough to make each different and coexist in a setup.
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

Return to “Instruments”