tcStretch

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Version 0.5 is now up:
– new: scrolling and zooming of the waveform
– new: wander enable button to enable/disable wandering
– improved: reduced memory footprint
– bugfix: accepts WAV/AIFF files with odd sized chunks -- – some files that failed to load under previous versions will load correctly in this version

http://tonecarver.wordpress.com/tcstretch/

:)

No chance of a Mac version? - this looks awesome.

aMUSEd wrote:No chance of a Mac version? - this looks awesome.
Alas, no. I don't have access to a Mac and my code base is not completely Mac-friendly (some parts are written specifically for running on Windows) so it is pretty much Windows only for now. Sorry ...

For 32-bit users, I just posted a bugfix version, version 0.5a, that fixes a GUI display error. :dog: This should affect the 32-bit version only, so if you are seeing badly drawn graphics, please try the new version.

thanks Bill - zoom and scroll make this pretty much perfect. Seems a bit smoother in adjusting the waveform range locators now as well. Congratulations!!!
(modulating the jump distance and direction might be interesting - using a little step sequencer and lfo / noise sources)

this looks like a really nice plugin, would it be possible to play the sample with midi notes? also drag and drop feature to load in samples? :D

thanks for this, this has great potential!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hm - seems that transport no longer works in Bitwig Studio with version 0.5. It worked great before - any idea what it could be?

Brilliant plugin!

Thanks,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Caine123 wrote:this looks like a really nice plugin, would it be possible to play the sample with midi notes? also drag and drop feature to load in samples? :D

thanks for this, this has great potential!
Thanks. I've thought about having it respond to midi to start/stop the playback as well as set the playback pitch. It wouldn't be difficult to do .. it's on the list of possible future features.

Drag-and-drop support is there, and works in some DAWs, but apparently not in all. Which DAW are you using?

ThomasHelzle wrote:Hm - seems that transport no longer works in Bitwig Studio with version 0.5. It worked great before - any idea what it could be?
Hmm .. I don't remember changing anything in the transport controls for 0.5 ... The controls did change in version 0.4 though.

Could you describe what you are seeing, how it is behaving? When you press the tcStretch play button (triangle) does the playback occur? Is this project restored from a saved project or is this a new project with a new instance of tcStretch? Are you running with Host Sync enabled, or disabled? Any info you can give me would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks.

ToneCarver wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:Hm - seems that transport no longer works in Bitwig Studio with version 0.5. It worked great before - any idea what it could be?
Hmm .. I don't remember changing anything in the transport controls for 0.5 ... The controls did change in version 0.4 though.

Could you describe what you are seeing, how it is behaving? When you press the tcStretch play button (triangle) does the playback occur? Is this project restored from a saved project or is this a new project with a new instance of tcStretch? Are you running with Host Sync enabled, or disabled? Any info you can give me would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks.
yes to play the midi notes would be awesome like GRANITE, do you know this? but you got BLUR etc. :)!

FL Studio is my DAW!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: FL Studio is my DAW!
I am not able to get drag-and-drop working in FL. I'll ask in the DSP forum in case someone has a tip for supporting drag-and-drop in FL.

ToneCarver wrote:

Thanks.
Ah - sorry, I totally missed the new Host Sync button. That one is a bit hidden for my taste ;-)
But now that I know it - not a big deal, although I personally would prefer to have it on by default.

Thanks,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Version 0.5b is now up:
- tooltips
- bug fixes to restore volume envelope and region selection
- misc internal improvements and bug fixes

http://tonecarver.wordpress.com/tcstretch/

(* For FL Studio users .. still not able to drag-and-drop in FL Studio, you will have to use the File Load button to load sample files *)

Spent the last 24 hours playing around with this on the laptop and desktop... fantastic plugin. Really good creative and inventive piece of software, thank you for releasing it.

Heartfeltdawn wrote:Spent the last 24 hours playing around with this on the laptop and desktop... fantastic plugin. Really good creative and inventive piece of software, thank you for releasing it.
You are welcome, glad you are enjoying it.

By the way, a new version was posted a few days ago (December 23).

Version 0.5c
- fix to allow Jump buttons to be automated
- detailed info added to DLL properties dialog (from Windows Explorer)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”