One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FigBug wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:50 pm I'd like to propose my Wavetable synth for a future competition. It's free & open-source. Runs on Windows, macOS & Linux. All the usual formats, VST3, AU, LV2.

https://socalabs.com/synths/wavetable/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWN_nLPWXZ4
Ooh this is lovely! :love:

Is this is your personal project or will this be included in a future Waveform Pro release by any chance?

exponent1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:12 pm Ooh this is lovely! :love:

Is this is your personal project or will this be included in a future Waveform Pro release by any chance?
Currently this is a personal project.

VAST Dynamics' hybrid wavetable synthesizer Vaporizer2 has been set free as open source and is now eligible for OSC...

Waveform and Vaporizer 2 !!! Its going to be warm and fuzzy autumn. :D
VELIJAH
-------------------------
Soundcloud | PC | SSL2 | Ni M32 | KE 49 | Launchpad Mini MK3 |IK ILoud Micro | Live 11 |
asa

Hello

Sorry if I write wrong,
I changed my email, I was able to change the email of my KVR account, but I would like to know how to change the email of my voting account for the One Synth Challenge ? Because I still have to use my old address to log in and it bothers me.

Just sign up a new account?

rilderec wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:07 pm Hello

Sorry if I write wrong,
I changed my email, I was able to change the email of my KVR account, but I would like to know how to change the email of my voting account for the One Synth Challenge ? Because I still have to use my old address to log in and it bothers me.
For any changes to your voting account please contact bjporter

RichardSemper wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:31 am
rilderec wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:07 pm Hello

Sorry if I write wrong,
For any changes to your voting account please contact bjporter
I red the rules and contacted bjporter few days ago. Still no answer about my problem.
VELIJAH
Soundcloud | PC | SSL2 | Ni M32 | KE 49 | Launchpad Mini MK3 |IK ILoud Micro | Live 11 |
asa

I caught a sentence in this month's OSC, stating that this fine competition has its own Discord. Is this true? Where can I get the invite link for it?

Cheers!
VELIJAH
asa

Bysta wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:48 am I caught a sentence in this month's OSC, stating that this fine competition has its own Discord. Is this true? Where can I get the invite link for it?

Cheers!
Here you go! Welcome to the OSC :hug:

https://discord.gg/sJkvrSFvhj

Hello
I have to confess I didn't read all posts in this thread.
I would like to ask or point out an inconsistency in the rules.

The competition rules explicitly list allowed FX plugins. But a lot of authors use FXs from outside of this list. I understand that it's still OK and comes from an (unwritten?) rule of using all free plugins not changing the sound character of the sound but it still is in contradiction to written regulations. The latter is the subject I would like to discuss here.

I can see 2 options:
* remove the list of explicitly allowed plugins, leaving a more general description to comply with, or
* make this list constantly updated and then consistently demand compliance.

What do you think about that?

maxym.srpl wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:47 am I understand that it's still OK and comes from an (unwritten?) rule of using all free plugins not changing the sound character of the sound but it still is in contradiction to written regulations. The latter is the subject I would like to discuss here.

I can see 2 options:
* remove the list of explicitly allowed plugins, leaving a more general description to comply with, or
* make this list constantly updated and then consistently demand compliance.
No need for either option. It's stated nowhere, that the list is concluded, so no contradiction at all. It's rather list of examples.

maxym.srpl wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:47 am The competition rules explicitly list allowed FX plugins.
As SeBaer said, this is merely a list of examples, not a comprehensive list of all allowed plugins. It is meant to be a helpful supplement to the rules, rather than a binding part of them. As such, I think it is a valuable thing to have. Trying to keep it updated as a comprehensive list of allowed plugins would be a fool's errand. Fortunately, this seems like an easy enough misunderstanding to correct, and I think it is clear to most people. The list is on a separate page, where it is labelled as a list of "some useful free effects & utilities" (emphasis added). It could be made even more clear, but I expect you'll find the overwhelming opinion is that it's clear enough already.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Thank you for your prompt answer.
The list is on a separate page, where it is labeled as a list of "some useful free effects & utilities" (emphasis added)
My point is that the link to this page is labeled this way:
Check out a list of valid free plugins here
It leaves the expression that those are the only plugs allowed. It might be me, or the language barrier (I'm not English native). But I have confirmation that I'm not the only one who took this list in a strict way.

As mentioned in my OP I understand the intention pretty well. Just found the regulation phrased more explicitly than it in reality is.

For myself, it's very useful to know that other free plugs are 'officially' allowed too.

with regards

maxym.srpl wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:37 pm Thank you for your prompt answer.
The list is on a separate page, where it is labeled as a list of "some useful free effects & utilities" (emphasis added)
My point is that the link to this page is labeled this way:
Check out a list of valid free plugins here
It leaves the expression that those are the only plugs allowed. It might be me, or the language barrier (I'm not English native). But I have confirmation that I'm not the only one who took this list in a strict way.

As mentioned in my OP I understand the intention pretty well. Just found the regulation phrased more explicitly than it in reality is.

For myself, it's very useful to know that other free plugs are 'officially' allowed too.

with regards
I will see if it can be made clearer on the website rules page.

Return to “Instruments”