2024: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2024)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cryophonik wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:37 pm Seriously considering a Roland Integra-7…, but decided on a Dexibell SX7 instead,…
Sold the SX7 yesterday, ordered the Integra-7 today! :wheee:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I’m seriously jealous! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:10 pm I’m seriously jealous! :)
I’m pretty excited about it! It will definitely fill many niches that my current lineup is missing
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

That Integra-7 is a serious bit of kit. I’ve just bought a used one of these I saw going cheap
IMG_0457.jpeg
It’s nicely narrow and something for a case I am trying to keep down to only holding performance style modules.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Well it had to happen some time, I have joined Satan’s horde.
Just ordered a MacBook Pro.
My work has joined a salary sacrifice scheme which means I effectively get payments taken from my monthly gross pay and should be able to offset some of the extra I gain from the recent national insurance cut. AKA a legal tax fiddle to get a new laptop cheap.

FWIW I went for a 18GB M3 Pro 512GB SSD 14” model and bought a 4TB Samsung T9 external SSD with it. That should be enough to take most of the music production stuff I have though I’ll probably skip installing a lot of things I never use this time round.

Guess I’m just about to enter the shitty world of native Mx chip incompatibility. Oh well.

Prime reason: I’ll be able to make more music from the sofa.
Got to be worth two grand of anyone’s money.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Will be getting a rack-mount mixer for around 8 Synths, then I can start with euro rack that includes a CV controlled mixer so that I can just have a stereo out. Will try using my Digitakt to sequence it, just need a midi to CV converter and then it's two outs for drums and two for the rack into the interface. If that comes together, I'll add a DIY touring machine to add to the sequencing.

Just ordered one of these. I already have an original 70s rev1, but y'know...just in case. And they're on sale here NZ$400 - more akin to the price for the rest of the world, whereas usually they've been going for anything between $500-700. And I need another new toy. Can't wait around for the MS5 forever...

kritikon wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:56 am Just ordered one of these. I already have an original 70s rev1, but y'know...just in case. And they're on sale here NZ$400 - more akin to the price for the rest of the world, whereas usually they've been going for anything between $500-700. And I need another new toy. Can't wait around for the MS5 forever...

They are somewhat unique, but you know that. I like this version in my modular rack. They are pretty cheap in the use, about $200. Definitely worth it for the audio processing capabilities.

kritikon wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:56 am Just ordered one of these. I already have an original 70s rev1, but y'know...just in case. And they're on sale here NZ$400 - more akin to the price for the rest of the world, whereas usually they've been going for anything between $500-700. And I need another new toy. Can't wait around for the MS5 forever...
I have the K2. I guess this comparison to the original is about the best we'll get:

https://youtu.be/fMpZApFVGMQ
<list your stupid gear here>

Yeah, when it first came out I was a bit underwhelmed by many of the reviews, but found out most of them for some bizarre reason were using the rev2 filter for all sounds. Whereas obvs the rev1 screams like a proverbial motherless synth and is the one any right-thinking person would want. It's unlikely I'll use the rev2 filter for anything (although it seems to work sometimes better on hi-res HPF squelches).

Now my problem is going to be - the bugger won't fit into the same 3-tier stand as Wasp & Cat (although I can only fill the 3rd space in that with a Model-D, and I don't much like Moogs). Which might mean I'm going to have to buy some other Behringer units that are the same size as K2 to fit into another stand. Or I make my own higgledypiggledy stand that will fit different sizes and look like the house the big bad wolf blew down with the chinny-chin-chin pigs inside it.

Life's a bitch. Why do they make me buy so many synths? :scared:

We just released a free H90 update with 2 new algs - Aggravate and Sticky Tape.
https://youtu.be/2MvfGiRudSc?list=PL...hol2qmzUmJ3Ye_
https://youtu.be/MO9ssdMI8CA?list=PL...hol2qmzUmJ3Ye_

aagnello wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 pm We just released a free H90 update with 2 new algs - Aggravate and Sticky Tape.
Cool beans! Will those algos make it into the next H9000 update as well?

Damn, that sticky tape sounds nice

aagnello wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 pm We just released a free H90 update with 2 new algs - Aggravate and Sticky Tape.
Ooooh, nice! Looks like I've got a date with my H90 this evening. :party:

Loving my new Microfreak! Never used capacitance keys before, slight learning curve there but overall, great synth. Filter has a decently wide sweet spot, the resonant bow (or whatever its called) oscillator is wonderful for droning pads, all in all very easy to use. One confusing thing is that whenever I try to load more wavetables, the midi editor software asks me if I want to delete all the existing ones. Can it only hold 16 wavetables?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”