Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

Will you put it on the beta forum as well, Rolf? :)

That place became a bit of a ghost town lately...

Great Rolf! Thanks.

EvilDragon wrote:Will you put it on the beta forum as well, Rolf? :)

That place became a bit of a ghost town lately...

I'm at home and can do only OSX betas here. Need my Windoze machine in the studio.

If all goes well with the fixes, I'll do a full version 1.13 on Monday when I'm back there.

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

Looks like we nailed it.

1.13 is planned for Monday to be released.

Cheers
Rolf

:clap: Good work, Rolf!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

1.13 is online here:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/nave-plugin-updates

That should fix the stuff.

Cheers
Rolf

The browser is still very sluggish for me on Yosemite - opening it sometimes takes a couple of clicks and a second or 2, selecting a patch with browser open also has a noticeable lag - it is faster with the browser closed and menu arrows.

Played safe so far and haven't done any optimizations for speed. Could you please check if this is sluggy only with All bank or also with individual banks selected?

Both but it is slowest with 'All' selected.

Special promo via NI store, Nave is 50% off:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... dorf-nave/

That's great news!
Been fighting the urge to get another synth, but... Man, I really like Largo....

This just makes it that much more difficult, which one to get? Largo? or Nave? Thoughts?

temporubato wrote:Special promo via NI store, Nave is 50% off:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... dorf-nave/
Thank you, temporubato, for the heads up!

I've just been waiting for (though not anticipating) an opportunity like this. Nave is a very sexy instrument.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Rolf ( temporubato) - Because of the NI Promo, I got the Windows demo for Nave. It seems relevant here that I can report the following after seeing that others seem to be struggling with the patch selection menu.

Changing patches in Bitwig crashes the Nave plugin every time without fail. Bitwig is nice in that it sand boxes plugins so problems with plugins don't take down the DAW.

I have also tested Nave in FL Studio 12. Something similar happens because selecting patches from the menu is broken although it does not crash the plugin or FL. The Arrows work to select a patch but if I try to do this with the pull down, the menu seems to hang and becomes unresponsive. You cannot use the pulldown to select patches reliably. Sometimes I am able to sporadically get the pull down to respond and do something and I can change a patch but it will lock up after a few clicks. I can continue to close and open it by clicking on the patch name that has been selected using the arrows but the menu stops working completely after doing this a few times.

I can also report that when in the "Wave" tab view, the "Color" and "Cut Peaks" bar graphs are unresponsive. Also trying the manipulate the 3D picture (rotate it's view etc) of the wave by click on it and holding the mouse 1 button does not seem to work as intended. I can only get it to rotate or move a very very small amount and it seems stuck just like the bar graphs for Color and Cut Peaks.

I want to buy this plugin because it sounds great but I could really use a fix for the "Menu" problem.

Also, I know this is not the PPG 3.V topic but I will just say that it would be great to have "Group Presets". If I take the time to setup 1 - 8 patches and setup transients, it would be nice to be able to recall that configuration.

Thanks

I would hereby also make the request to temporubato and Waldorf to please keep working on Nave and bring us regular updates. It feels like both Largo and Nave gets abandoned when you guys have new stuff to work on (the recent hardware units). You (temporubato) told us last year that your goal would be an update (same year) with fx parameter modulation. And as aMUSEd said the browser is lagging when opening it. I just really hope that this amazing and unique synth (Largo too) will continue to be updated and improved! Thanks.

Last update of Nave was last month with version 1.13 Nave is now about a year old and we made a couple of updates mainly fixing stuff and little enhancements. I wouldn't say that we don't care about Nave.

The problems blutronic describes I have to look into. Once fixed we'll do an update.

The fx modulation is still on my list. No promises when it will be released - otherwise I'll be wrong and beaten anyway :-)

And right, we have to balance new developments and maintaining existing stuff. This is different than companies doing bundle sales like NI or Arturia. There you de facto rent their stuff by upgrading the whole bundle version every other year.

Cheers
Rolf

Return to “Instruments”