Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

sqigls wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:14 am sneaky dodgy company
so pissed they abandoned Drum Synth 500 then released a drum machine not long after and offered no crossgrade to it. AND publicly announced an update to DS500 but just renamed the zip file with the old installer in it. So many shifty manoeuvres from that company.
what is the new drum machine they released?
and, by the way, is Drum Synth 500 good? it's on sale with boom at 11$.
I generally use drumazon 2, microtonic, hearbeat, I also have battery and NI stuff but I don't use it often..

DaniZzz79 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:42 pm
sqigls wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:14 am sneaky dodgy company
so pissed they abandoned Drum Synth 500 then released a drum machine not long after and offered no crossgrade to it. AND publicly announced an update to DS500 but just renamed the zip file with the old installer in it. So many shifty manoeuvres from that company.
what is the new drum machine they released?
and, by the way, is Drum Synth 500 good? it's on sale with boom at 11$.
I generally use drumazon 2, microtonic, hearbeat, I also have battery and NI stuff but I don't use it often..
Intel Core i5, i7, 2.3GHz processor or higher (Arm is supported via Rosetta)

it'll likely never be apple silicon native

Ampeg SVT Suite 1.10

With the 1.10 update, SVT Suite may now be used as a standalone application and we added Apple Silicon support, an integrated tuner, and new Artist Presets.

https://ampeg.com/software
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Expressive E has updated Noisy 1.0.5 to support M1/M2. :tu:

From Andy - Cytomic:

Update: new Beta builds of all Cytomic plugins are available from the web page that include VST3 support, as well as native Apple Silicon support.

Ujam VD-DEEP is updated and now supports Apple Silicon (version 2.4.0)

Looks like Sononym sample librarian is now AS compatible

Positive Grid BIAS FX 2 is finally AS native with version 2.7.0.

Has this project died? The website no longer shows any entries.

alexekki wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:45 pm Has this project died? The website no longer shows any entries.
no new entries for a while but the existing library of entries is there. i suspect he's busy with his own life and doesn't have time to update it. at this point.. most things are apple silicon native.. and at some point i suspect it won't be an issue except for a very few developers.

alexekki wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:45 pm Has this project died? The website no longer shows any entries.
It's not dead, but at this point, I do not feel compelled to do constant updates. The database has served its purpose, and though there are holdouts, the vast majority of actively developed software is now native.

teilo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:24 am
It's not dead, but at this point, I do not feel compelled to do constant updates. The database has served its purpose, and though there are holdouts, the vast majority of actively developed software is now native.
At this point a list of non Apple Silicon native plugins would be easier to maintain for sure.

All I can think of are some older PSP, G-Force, IK, Nomad Factory, and Audio ease plugins that are not native yet?

Laggards
all: Faded Instruments(says he will), Photosounder(says he won't)
most: Boz, Nomad Factory, W.A.
some: Psychic Modulation
1 or 2: Audio Assault(headcrush,multitrans), NUGEN(Seq-S/T), U-he(uhbik)

teilo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:24 am
Ah, I was just confused because the "Recent Updates" list is empty, the data is still there.

Yeah I guess most stuff is Apple silicon native by now, but looking at this current page, there are still a few significant ones coming in. Sononym was one I was waiting for.

The big one still missing for me is the Lexicon PCM Suite, funny that nobody mentioned that.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”