New Order's "Technique" - what synths?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im pretty sure they used voyetras, emulator II and IIIs,and Prophet 5(when they could get it to work reliably). I remember reading that this was the bulk of their gear until republic, but dont remember where...

Beardedone...

If you find you like JD and/or NO be sure to check out Electronic and Revenge/Monaco. Electronic was Bernard Sumner's side project with Jonny Marr from The Smiths and Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys. Revenge and Monaco are side projects from Peter Hook. and for posterity... the other two members of NO formed a band called.. The Other Two. There are a couple more fractures of JD/NO too.

Thanks GruvSyco! I will tryu to find these. I still have yet to check out Squarepusher.

Cheers,
Gordon :oops:

just go to amazon.com or towerrecords.com and start listening to audio clips... I do that all the time when checking out music.

Right! ! forgot about that.

New Order are the shizzle :)
New album is great too.

King of Snake wrote:New Order are the shizzle :)
New album is great too.
are you even allowed to use shizzle and new order in the same sentance?? :shock: :o :-o :nutter:

be sure to check out JD's Closer and Unknown Pleasures. Excellent stuff. There was definitely more than just Flock of Seagulls and Bon Jovi happening in the early 80's...but your ECM artists may have protected you from the *really* bad stuff that can't be unseen/unheard once you've been ...exposed :lol:

S_A_P® wrote:
King of Snake wrote:New Order are the shizzle :)
New album is great too.
are you even allowed to use shizzle and new order in the same sentance?? :shock: :o :-o :nutter:
You are if you're being ironic.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

be sure to check out JD's Closer and Unknown Pleasures. Excellent stuff. There was definitely more than just Flock of Seagulls and Bon Jovi happening in the early 80's...but your ECM artists may have protected you from the *really* bad stuff that can't be unseen/unheard once you've been ...exposed
Yeah give me "controlled contrast"

blortblort wrote:be sure to check out JD's Closer and Unknown Pleasures. Excellent stuff. There was definitely more than just Flock of Seagulls and Bon Jovi happening in the early 80's...but your ECM artists may have protected you from the *really* bad stuff that can't be unseen/unheard once you've been ...exposed :lol:
Closer is to this day the best really depressing album I know (I had it on vinyl when Mr. Curtis was still freshly dead).

All and all, you fared alright Gordon, can't go wrong with Keith Jarrett.

All and all, you fared alright Gordon, can't go wrong with Keith Jarrett.
True. Don't forget Bill Frisell, Jan Garbek and Eberhard Weber, just to mention a few.

I read an interview with the drummer from the time Technique was released. Other than the way the drums were recorded for that album he mentioned that they used the Octave Voyetra 8 heavily. The Voyetras were very unreliable so for live use they would just sample the sounds they needed into the Emulator III.

Ahhh yes my very late teens would have been nothing without NewOrder :D - Everythings Gone Green , Thieves Like Us (is an all time fave) , Shellshocked ,Temptation etc etc etc awesome band IMHO .............

Return to “Production Techniques”