Valhalla news...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:44 am EDIT: Well, from the horse's mouth - https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... count=2226

So much about breaking backwards compatibility. :)
Here's that same horse, just a few months earlier:
SeanTheHorseCostello wrote: At this point, the expansion slots have been filled for ValhallaRoom. Any further expansions would break backwards compatibility. So it is safe to say that ValhallaRoom has been COMPLETED. I am content with ValhallaRoom, and am focusing on new products and new ideas.
https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... count=2212

I wouldn't trust this horse inside a hospital. Not with that track record.

No one knows what the horse is gonna do next. Least of all the horse. He's never been in a hospital before. He's as confused as you are. There are no experts!

Ahahahaha :D

I would love a granular Walhalla effect, maybe one day.
peace and love for all.

Well he said parameters, ducking is a parameter :D

Also from Sean:
It is worth noting: yes, these are new parameters. I've avoided this in the past, as I ran into issues adding new parameters to ÜberMod back in early 2012. I've been talking a lot with other plugin developers lately (we tend to be a friendly lot), and the verdict is that the vast majority of DAWs can handle new parameters in a plugin update just fine, PROVIDED THAT the parameters are appended to the end of the existing plugin list.

I've done just that in ValhallaRoom, as well as added code that checks to see if the new parameters are present when loading an older DAW project or preset. If the parameters aren't present, they will be added to the DAW project or preset, but normalized to their "off" values. Hopefully this is a way of adding some fun stuff to the plugin without breaking backwards compatibility. In our testing so far, things seem to work great with older projects.
And the other new parameter is a low cut.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:08 am I wouldn't trust this horse inside a hospital. Not with that track record.

No one knows what the horse is gonna do next. Least of all the horse. He's never been in a hospital before. He's as confused as you are. There are no experts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzmzlBoUfV0
:D
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:14 am At the risk of sounding like a total kiss-ass Valhalla fanboy, which I probably am, I really hope this is a paid version 2 update. When was the last time Sean charged for a plugin? ValhallaDelay? How many years ago was that? How many algorithm updates has it received, then SuperMassive, then VintageVerb updates. C'mon Sean, it's time to charge us for stuff!

I'm hoping this is more than just ValhallaRoom+new algorithms but rather a ValhallaRoom2 with maybe fewer controls, and new fun algorithms that are different from the prior version. Probably just wishful thinking. But hey, that's just my pet wish.
You know, it's hard to spend money these days. I think he should lower the price to $25 each in order to adapt to today's poverty

DCrown wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:59 pm You know, it's hard to spend money these days. I think he should lower the price to $25 each in order to adapt to today's poverty
I'd suggest the opposite: charge $199-299 per plugin, then offer a bundle with all the plugins for the exact same price so people feel like they're getting a deal. And lots of sales on individual plugins. Maybe like...$50. It's the hip thing to do these days.

$50 is a bargain. you get free updates with new features that make it like many plug ins in one. with any one of the reverbs you can make so many kinds of reverbs and special effects. they're hugely flexible.

and his free plug ins offer a ton for absolutely nothing. people who can't currently swing a new plug in can use the free one and get lot's done.

seems like "free" fits most people's budgets.

I think Sean knows his business well. I bought an extra plugin I don't really need (Shimmer) because of the freebies and his approach to selling and customer service makes VVV a top recommendation for everyone who asks "which reverb should I buy first."

I don't own Room or Plate but I'm pretty sure I'll be buying Room now.

If it wasn't clear, I was totally joking about the pricing change. I love the Valhalla pricing model: plugins are free to $50 and you'll get free additions even years after the fact.

miloszz wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:27 pm I don't own Room or Plate but I'm pretty sure I'll be buying Room now.
Don't forget Plate!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:19 pm If it wasn't clear, I was totally joking about the pricing change. I love the Valhalla pricing model: plugins are free to $50 and you'll get free additions even years after the fact.
Word, still getting new modes added to VVV after a decade or so too.

comfortablynick wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:49 pm Don't forget Plate!
I demoed it a long time ago and liked it but I've got Superplate now and can't imagine needing another plate plugin.

DCrown wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:59 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:14 am At the risk of sounding like a total kiss-ass Valhalla fanboy, which I probably am, I really hope this is a paid version 2 update. When was the last time Sean charged for a plugin? ValhallaDelay? How many years ago was that? How many algorithm updates has it received, then SuperMassive, then VintageVerb updates. C'mon Sean, it's time to charge us for stuff!

I'm hoping this is more than just ValhallaRoom+new algorithms but rather a ValhallaRoom2 with maybe fewer controls, and new fun algorithms that are different from the prior version. Probably just wishful thinking. But hey, that's just my pet wish.
You know, it's hard to spend money these days. I think he should lower the price to $25 each in order to adapt to today's poverty
Maybe I should add that I was kidding, as well, even though there's some truth in it

Return to “Effects”