Guitars are too physically demanding and painful to learn.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

harryupbabble wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:23 pm as a professional slacker and procrastinator,
i agree with the thread title

i'm done with trying to play any traditional instruments
i'm waiting for the thought-controlled computer to be available

that way i can just think-play my incredibly shitty noodlings
that i used to do on my real cheap electric guitar

i'm just kidding
i can't rely on emerging tech that may take forever to get here

so, it's back to randomizers then because that's
right here, right now
and it's so much easier than having calluses and all that
:dog:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

if only bryan adams had been that commited.

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:36 pm if only bryan adams had been that commited.
:hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

that would be an ecumenical matter.

Hmmm...I've played through some damn shredded fingertips due to time constraints or whatever, never once did they bleed. I've never known anyone that er committed, either.
Last edited by Bombadil on Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

But, sure....DOWN WITH THAT SORT OF THING!
-Martin Luther King Jr.

one day the struggles of life will pass unnoticed... sadly... one won't be here to enjoy it lol

been playing for over 50 years and trust me it gets easier and a lot less painful. when i was performing the only thing that bothered me most was my forearm cramping during songs with long sections of the same damn bar chord and wagging the pinky to bar lol as long as there was variation enough it never hurt. but once i did have a high E string tear under my middle finger callus while bending it. other than a sharp pain initially i didn't realize what had happened until i quit playing and i had bled all over my guitar lol thankfully we were at practice when it happened and i couldn't play for almost two weeks as my fingertip healed.

cheers and keep at it... it will pass. you will be thankful you did as do the rest of us
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

"Got my first real six string, in the summer of 84. Played it till my fingers hurt a little bit, then went and had my tea."

Bombadil wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:47 pm Hmmm...I've played through some damn shredded fingertips due to time constraints or whatever, never once did they bleed. I've never known anyone that er committed, either.
youre not death metal enough :evil:

weirdly, only time i ever bled, was not death metal related.
was a levellers track :lol: open handed strumming and caught my thumb nail on a string, it sort of tore half the nail off.
that hurt like hell.

isnt nature wonderful, but is this art. (thats the track, not a statement)

Between Eros and Thanatos, I know where I stand.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:55 pm Between Eros and Thanatos, I know where I stand.
hmmm, between death metal and hair metal, me too!

i get a visit from thanatos when i go.
perk of wizardry :D :P

yeah every now and again i had my pick hand bleed from a cuticle only because i tuck my pick in so much and with heavy strums i rake the strings across my pointer finger nail. probably why you see a lot of guitarists with tape on their pick hand finger tips. i tried taping my pointer finger once but hated it 'cos i couldn't feel the pick in my grip

cheers

p.s. for a while though i did tape my pinky finger on my pick hand to the first knuckle because i tend to hook my pinky on the high E as an anchor. (muscle memory thing to judge distance between strings) it will wear a blister on the inside of your picky pretty fast even if you have a callus there.
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:51 pm
Bombadil wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:47 pm Hmmm...I've played through some damn shredded fingertips due to time constraints or whatever, never once did they bleed. I've never known anyone that er committed, either.
youre not death metal enough :evil:
d43c3ed2fecfd0f14cebd599b95a1e65.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”