Your go-to compressor in 2023?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Usually I use the stock compressors in Logic Pro X. Bought Pro-C 2 recently, and it feels pretty easy and straightforward to use so it is now my go-to.

Sonible Smartcomp, the spectral mode with an external sidechain is great for carving out space between tracks

Which compressor you go to is going to depend on the source audio and what you want to do with it. Knowing which compressor is best for the particular job is key. If you have just one “go-to” compressor for everything you might not know what you’re doing.

https://www.stockmusicmusician.com/blog ... ompressors
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I like reading these types of threads because it reminds me of what I have installed but haven't used for ages.

It usually results in a nice choice for whatever I happen to be messing about with musically.

Definitely no favorite here in 2023 or any other year.

Whatever works.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

For glueing/buss Variety of sound Density mkIII, for mixing TDR Kotelnikov or TDR Feedback Compressor II, for colour/advanced compression Klanghelm DC8C, for simple Klanghelm DC1A
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

SSL Native Bus Compressor 2,
Purple Audio MC 77,
AMEK Mastering Compressor,
FabFilter Pro-C 2.

:phones: :tu:

Unisum, MDW-DRC2 and TrackComp 2. They all sound marvelous and handle 99% of my compression duties (mastering & my own music).
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Presswerk and Kotelnikov
MuLab of course :D

Cubase stock compressor for basic volume control and NI Solid Dynamics for where I want slightly more character-full compression.

Abyss, it’s replaced most of my others.

Consider buying Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor next time price drop to irresistible level :)
Currently these are in some use :
1.Elysia Alpha
2.Bandlab 76 and/or IK Black 76
3.Model 5000
4 IK 670 or Firechild
5.OptoRED

I like IK Comprexxor

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:23 pm Consider buying Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor next time price drop to irresistible level :)
Currently these are in some use :
1.Elysia Alpha
2.Bandlab 76 and/or IK Black 76
3.Model 5000
4 IK 670 or Firechild
5.OptoRED
PA has a "Made by Brainworx" sale right now. 3 plugins for $49.
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor and Elysia Alpha both qualify. Just need one more.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Shock horror PA has a sale 🤯

swilow11 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:53 am Shock horror PA has a sale 🤯
Hahaha i have and use so many of their stuff,that this is really nice joke for a user :)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”