GREEN OAK!! Releases 2 New Effects *FREE*

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh please, are we going to have tantrums over PC/Mac now too? Stop being a twat Bones, that was a deliberate dig. You know as well as me that plenty of Win plugins have installers. Don't piss over a thread that's a positive one about a great guy who's offered us free plugins that are probably superb. If you want to continue the argument with the other two, start another thread.

I only just listened to those demo vids, and initially I wasn't over-excited about a chorus TBH, but it really does sound like a thick lush and swirly one with loads of possibilities. I'll d/l both. It feels a bit like Christmas has come today. Grinches, not welcome.

Ignore these numpties Glenn. Thanks again for free quality plugins. :tu:. Hope you dip your toes into plugins again soon.

Thanks Glenn :tu:

BONES wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:09 pm Do you get installers for macPOS? We just have to copy the files over manually.
Preferable tbh (if it's just the vst file and not a bunch of other stuff), its much faster to install and don't have to deal with uninstallers or any other files that get thrown around your OS.

But you have to manually locate the preset folder's proper location, 10 folders deep in the file system, which is more annoying than a simple installer. In the end, though, it's swings and roundabouts.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

In case anyone else has encountered this, for some reason, in Studio One (v4 at least, I'm quite a bit behind on upgrading...) presets aren't recognised when copied to Documents\VST3 Presets\Green Oak Software\Cesium (or Tungsten) folder, but they can be easily and all at once imported by clicking on the file icon and Import Preset...

GlennO wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:02 am
Yeah, it's been a while since I shared any plugins. I've been busy in the intervening years with things like Omnisphere :). I just got it in my head that I wanted to share a couple of plugins that I find useful, so I went to the trouble of making installers, demo videos, and a web site. The GUI's are unapologetically ornate, and I know that won't suit everybody's taste, but that's the aesthetic I decided to go for.

After all this time, I still do my best to keep Crystal up to date with OS compatibility issues.
Haha, yeah! :D

Ehem ... the GUI aesthetic is very special indeed. And everybody can see a lot of love and attention
to detail in the GUI, which is also a lot of fun to use! The GUIs also ensure that the two plugins
are really distinctive and unique: everyone now knows these two for sure: The chorus Cesium
and the delay Tungsten! 8)

But I find it even more interesting that you are registering here - as the developer of the
legendary "Crystal Synth". This synth is still in our plugin list and is even used from time to
time today! A fantastic synthesizer - and still after many years! Waaoooo! :clap:

Thank you, GlennO!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

kritikon wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:08 am Stop being a twat Bones, that was a deliberate dig. You know as well as me that plenty of Win plugins have installers. Don't piss over a thread that's a positive one about a great guy who's offered us free plugins that are probably superb. If you want to continue the argument with the other two, start another thread.
Actually it's you being the twat here. Bones simply asked a question. The "dig" (which was a rather harmless one-liner that doesn't really require much of any reply at all) was made by Aloysius, not Bones.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

BONES wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:02 am But you have to manually locate the preset folder's proper location, 10 folders deep in the file system, which is more annoying than a simple installer.
Yes, tbh I couldn't even be bothered...

the plugins themselves are both absolutely wonderful though - what a nice surprise and generous gift. :hail: :hail: :hail:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Its worth it to work out own presets! These Plugins need some Try outs but they are very capable

Last edited by wvshpr on Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

He just asked a question FFS. Can you please stop (derailing the thread by) attacking the guy for 100% nomal posts!? How old are you?

Besides, he absolutely has a point with his later reply that it is a bit of a pain in the arse to have to manually copy the presets over from the .zip - because it clearly is. And he made no stink about it at all, he merely stated it.

Bones is a good man.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

MAC probably just has installers due to its additional security features (notarisation etc)

I want a whole DAW looking like this.

BojanKerkez wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:45 am In case anyone else has encountered this, for some reason, in Studio One (v4 at least, I'm quite a bit behind on upgrading...) presets aren't recognised when copied to Documents\VST3 Presets\Green Oak Software\Cesium (or Tungsten) folder, but they can be easily and all at once imported by clicking on the file icon and Import Preset...

Did you try the rescan or scan for new presets option in Studio One? I forget what exactly it's called. Just mentioning it as a troubleshooting step.

Return to “Effects”