[Resolved please update at AIR Website] Beware, iLok/PACE installation (BSOD) problems (Structure/Strike)!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had this on my son's PC last night.

He was out at a party and I was sorting out putting some music software on his PC (he has never used any and composes on loop pedals at the moment so I thought Ignite might be ideal for his workflow).
Ignite then gave me the Tkpd.sys BSOD!
Four hours of nightmare. Didn't know his Gmail (NB not Windows) password so couldn't get to command line.
Tried to use new Ubuntu boot USB stick but for some reason it couldn't see inside the Windows sub-folder which contains the drivers.
Eventually fixed it at midnight when he came home, have me the password, and I could get to the command line and follow the video above. (Note that the video is correct but you may have Windows on a different drive letter then D (mine was on C).
No other software is anywhere near as much a pain to install/with copy protection as Air stuff. It's 2021 ffs. Every other company just has the software check in with servers periodically to verify the current licence.
I have of course now deleted all the PACE/iLok crap from the PC. My nerves can't take installing it again (even directly from PACE) at the moment.
Can someone who has done this confirm that a fresh PACE instal doesn't have this problem?
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

excessional wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:02 am Can someone who has done this confirm that a fresh PACE instal doesn't have this problem?
Hi excessional, I am the one who started this thread. Sorry to hear your about your experience. As far as I remember this issue is either because of running an old unsupported PACE driver. Or in my case, the installation software installed an older driver while still keeping the one that was already installed, leading to a crash (BSOD).

If you make sure you have uninstalled all PACE drivers, you don't have to worry about installing the latest version again.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

By the way this was the latest install version of Ignite, downloaded direct from AIR.
WTF are they still selling software for that they KNOW will BSOD your PC if you already have iLok installed by force installing an out of date driver??! Why not just update the driver in their Ignite install package?
Or am misunderstanding what is happening here?
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

excessional wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:42 am By the way this was the latest install version of Ignite, downloaded direct from AIR.
WTF are they still selling software for that they KNOW will BSOD your PC if you already have iLok installed by force installing an out of date driver??! Why not just update the driver in their Ignite install package?
Or am misunderstanding what is happening here?
I know they have removed the PACE/iLok software from most installers (or at least I heard they had). What I forgot to mention is that if you would want to install Ignite again, and they are forcing you to install PACE (which obviously is an old version), DON'T restart when you are asked to, just exit the installer chosing you want to restart later. After this, remove the old PACE/iLok software and install the latest one from the iLok site if you haven't already.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I just had this yesterday with a new laptop and wasted the entire day as attempting to resolve the BSOD (the only option that worked was to boot to DOS prompt - even safe mode didn't work!) Windows decided to roll back to a restore point after I initially switched it on wiping everything..

I had won the AIR Advance bundle way back in 2014 and had managed to transfer the licenses to my previous laptop fine, but the new version of iLok doesn't recognise them and attempting to install from the external drive I got originally caused the BSOD issues :/ I also tried downloading e.g. Loom (which was part of the bundle) and it won't even recognise the license code (it is 5 numbers rather than 8 ). I'm scared of trying the older version in case it BSODs again (though I have done restore points since). How can I get my VSTs back?

Further update:
I have pretty much given up on trying to get these to work. My old laptop has them all licensed fine but they do not show up in iLok License Manager (or any other app)... I can see there are some .ilf files (e.g. Loom_1.0.ilf) sat in c:\Program Data\PACE Anti-Piracy\License Files but I've no idea what to do with them after hours of trying various different versions of iLok Manager & drivers, and I can't remember how I generated them as it was about 7 years ago. I've also tried emailing 'licenses@sonivoxmi.com (mailto:licenses@sonivoxmi.com)' as suggested in their online help with my 5-digit license code in the subject but I never get any reply - basically nothing seems to work. I also get no reply when entering my email in their 'support' section (why they don't have a regular login is baffling).

Even further update - I finally just emailed them and they sorted it pretty much straight away (even got a few freebies thrown in) by sending me the appropriate license code. So I'd advise anyone just to try that before trying to sort it manually.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”