Reverbical, a fresh stereo reverb made its way down from the Space Labs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reverbical

Anyone know what drives the late reflections decay time? In my preset, I noticed that the decay time has almost no effect.

Most of the filters are pulled down to 0, so there is not much signal that the decay can work on. Setting some filters and delays selectively to a higher value should allow decay to become more effective

Cool, thanks.
A small feature request, it would be cool to have highpasses in addition to the lowpasses on the delay taps.

Improvising with one of my Chromaphone patches and Reverbical live on video - unlike other reverbs, tweaking Reverbical in real time doesn't produce any kind of artifacts and unwanted noises, no pops, crackles, zipper noises, nothing - a very smooth experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i46eTKkjjYM

EDIT: the UI needs some work though, on my Retina monitors it flickers, sometimes more sometimes less. OpenGL?

Any chance of making the ER positioning graphical instead of with the sliders? I(and I think others) would rather have something like an XY pad or something to set the ER position instead of sliders. It would be even better if there were an option the effect the dry signal panning as well.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Improvising with one of my Chromaphone patches and Reverbical live on video - unlike other reverbs, tweaking Reverbical in real time doesn't produce any kind of artifacts and unwanted noises, no pops, crackles, zipper noises, nothing - a very smooth experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i46eTKkjjYM
Good stuff!
EDIT: the UI needs some work though, on my Retina monitors it flickers, sometimes more sometimes less. OpenGL?
The flickering is probably related to the different sizes that the plugin window can be in (in the 3 view modes), and if it appears or not also seems to be host dependent. Have to take a deeper look into that..a general hint is to avoid any bridging modes (32bit plugin in a 64bit system) as this is known to cause some issues, just in case.

Chandlerhimself wrote:Any chance of making the ER positioning graphical instead of with the sliders? I(and I think others) would rather have something like an XY pad or something to set the ER position instead of sliders. It would be even better if there were an option the effect the dry signal panning as well.
Interesting, both features (and even the hipasses mentioned by camsr) were added in a prototype version. Certainly good ideas, but eventually it felt too much like a virtual room simulator, whereas the plugin is really algorithmic by design

RealtimeOnly wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: EDIT: the UI needs some work though, on my Retina monitors it flickers, sometimes more sometimes less. OpenGL?
The flickering is probably related to the different sizes that the plugin window can be in (in the 3 view modes), and if it appears or not also seems to be host dependent. Have to take a deeper look into that..a general hint is to avoid any bridging modes (32bit plugin in a 64bit system) as this is known to cause some issues, just in case.
I am not bridging anything, during Beta the flickering only occurred occasionally, also in the other 2 vids I did it's not happening, but last night it was pretty bad. I now this issue from older plug-ins like GRM tools (almost unusable now), Sonnox, and Falcon during Alpha/early Beta, then they added OpenGL rendering as an option in the prefs and ever since it works perfectly fine. I'll check with different sizes.

Yeah, no need for bridging, just mentioned for completeness.. Good to know about the OpenGL option!

RealtimeOnly wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote:Any chance of making the ER positioning graphical instead of with the sliders? I(and I think others) would rather have something like an XY pad or something to set the ER position instead of sliders. It would be even better if there were an option the effect the dry signal panning as well.
Interesting, both features (and even the hipasses mentioned by camsr) were added in a prototype version. Certainly good ideas, but eventually it felt too much like a virtual room simulator, whereas the plugin is really algorithmic by design
Sorry to hear that, but I understand. At this point everything is finished and of course every creator is entitled to control the concept of their own creation. However in the future if you're thinking of making a new plugin, please consider making a room simulator that pans the source, adjusts the wet dry based on distance and models air absorption. There seems to be a market for it and very few options.

Chandlerhimself wrote:
RealtimeOnly wrote:
Sorry to hear that, but I understand. At this point everything is finished and of course every creator is entitled to control the concept of their own creation. However in the future if you're thinking of making a new plugin, please consider making a room simulator that pans the source, adjusts the wet dry based on distance and models air absorption. There seems to be a market for it and very few options.
Actually I have something along these lines in the planning, would be interested to hear your feedback about it once I can show something

1. Take Reverbical and any plucky sound, but make sure there is a phaser on the sound.
2. Automate the freeze button on Reverbical.
3. Add side chain to the whole thing.

And this is what you get :wink: ..pretty nice. The freeze will create a nice pad like sound in the background and it changes character because the sound have a phaser on it.

https://soundcloud.com/atn69/reverbical ... eze-button
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:1. Take Reverbical and any plucky sound, but make sure there is a phaser on the sound.

And this is what you get :wink: ..pretty nice. The freeze will create a nice pad like sound in the background and it changes character because the sound have a phaser on it.

Thanks for sharing, great tip. :clap:

ATN69 wrote:1. Take Reverbical and any plucky sound, but make sure there is a phaser on the sound.

Just awesome!
Is freeze retriggered during the loop or just once near the beginning?

RealtimeOnly wrote:
The GUI kind of looked like it had room for highpasses :wink:
It really would be an awesome addition. There should be some further low frequency control as most all the presets have a large LF buildup.

Return to “Effects”