Effekthascher (by Aggregati Musika)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I get the value of the sub-snapshot system but one downside is it makes it harder to remember where a great patch you want to find again is - having stuff organised properly with descriptive names and especially in subfolders reflecting type of sound is still more usable in terms of actually being able to locate a patch.

eg someone mentioned there being some new ambient patches but where and how would you even find them? It would be much easier if there was a category in the snapshots menu named 'ambient'. I think I will end up having to resave a lot of patches as proper snapshots just so I can find them again.

First of all, hip hip hurray, we now have a regular KVR-developer-account!
The base.camp is here
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/aggregati- ... ktor-33435

The question is: how to use it really competent? I guess, it will take some days, before it become really useful. So long lets please discuss here.
So a request: if there is any guy who has experience with it, please pm me.

BTW: There were a question about a Phrasendescher-Thread, i try to make a discussion-group for this there next days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The promised DEMO of Effekthascher delays some days (there is still a bug in the demo-code, but tomorrow i will focus exclusive in it and are hopefully to fix it than.)

@ktlin
The tool in the video is a very early work-in-progress of Wellenreiter, not EH.
But ok, ok, i will make another color-sheme, but this is not so profane and fast implemented. And to dont have to do this twice, i will first do other things, see below.
Than i will present here some suggestions and the poll-winner will implemented. Does this sound fair? (i could also let corrupt me by some money;-)

But first i will work trough the developing-timetable for the next weeks:

1. another update for EH:
- new (parallel)routing
- improved filters and fx
- improved intern step-sequencers (useful for relayer-like sequences)
- last but not least: A useful manual.

2. an update for Phrasendrescher :
- adapting to the 64-AM-flex-system
- new factory progressions/cadence/"arps" and melodys; new "on the fly"-templates
- fixing some issues

3. Basing on this Phrasendrescher-update a DEMO for it.

4. First public beta of Wellenreiter
(more familiar testing, maybe 5 new people - if you want to join, please write us an email directly and let us know, why you are a good candidate)

--------------------

FX-Labels
In the upcoming manual all fx will explained, maybe then you get an idea what are they for. But i´m also open to rename it, in a more traditional way, if this become a big wish.

Flex-Names
There is no easy possibility in reaktor for renaming stuff dynamically inside the GUI. I could implement some hacks, but all "solutions" are not really user-friendly.
But i could bring in more bank-names you can choose. And i could create a lego-category-system: maybe 3 items (like instrument/kind of style/timbre....with each around 20-30 keywords, so you get a bunch of more than 10k names by combining them).
But before doing this i want to hear and collect your suggestions and ideas. Maybe in a special discussion-group in our new dev-account:-)

So (ger)many new states and towns in my home-country :D - this useless-non-possible-country/state selection, is unfortunately required (by paypal), but also really useless without having a choice:-) I have posted this to our web-hoster.
But normally it should not scratches you: after your purchase you will get your contract of sale direct from paypal (not from us), with your correct data inside. We get a copy of this (and save this), so if you lost your email, we can recover you from our database, but it is some work, so please be careful and do not lost your email and don´t forget your name;-) Thanx!

As soon as the DEMO is ready i will notify here, so long: have a nice weekend!

Congratulations on new forum. I don't see it listed yet.

My order went smoothly and your support was great. I'm having a lot of fun with the new toys. They are amazing, thanks again!

OK guys, the DEMO is now online!
Enjoy it!
http://aggregato.jimdo.com/demos/

@musical-gym
Nice to hear :-)

Next week i will explore the KVR-developer-account.
But now i need the smell of spring in my town:-)
I love the may!!!!!

Effekthascher proving to be a great deal!

Can't wait for the manual.
Interested to know how parallel routing will work.

LOVED the demo, it sold me:)

Thanks!
dpc

Deleted reply to question above that was removed..
My reply would make no sense now.

O Yes, I'm loving this EH! Spent all day with it and favorite Reaktor synth and they seemed to love each other, too, a LoveFest to be sure:)

Spotted a couple of things that I don't think were simply user ignorance, though there's surely much of that here:
Sometimes the left channel would seem not to be working, until fixed with a power toggle, and same with the levels, sometimes the slider simply pegged itself to the top despite the snap setting or even changing snaps, again cleared with the power button. And often a saved snap would sound quite different (usually much better-clearer:) right after saving, as if left-over sounds or processing from a prior snap had been infecting all the tweaking until the save, even many minutes worth. Finally, and this may simply be how the thing works, to judge from the video demo, I almost always seemed to wind up with stuck frequencies when Elastico was in the rack. None of this diluted the pure pleasure, however; very grateful and excited to have started swimming in the Aggreagti Ocean, many strange, marvelous and friendly creatures there—thank you!

Mac 10.10.5, R6

secretkillerofnames wrote:Effekthascher proving to be a great deal!
Can't wait for the manual.
Thx for your words and right, the manual was a step-child so far;-(
And you are also right: EH is more feature-deep than we planned, and you can not explore it easy without a manual.
So a manual now got a prominent place in our agenda.

@David:
Sorry, i don't understand a word - is this figurative-james-joyce-english?
Summary it sounds like a praise, but i´m unsure???
BUT if i`m in doubt-case: i take anything as praise;-)

If there is a question, mark, suggestion, bug... ,please,please,please write it more simple - none of us where in oxford.

But i guess you wanted only to praise us: keep on: More:-)))) We like it!!!!!

@MusicalGym
thx!

OK, sorry, I thought the "bugs?!?" portion of my post was clear enough, but will try again:) You got the compliments part right, though, and THAT was the figurative part!

Sometimes when switching to a new snap, the left channel isn't sending any signal, or a much reduced one, until I toggle the Reaktor power button off then on.

Same with the levels: Sometimes on loading a new snap the main output levels slider is positioned maxed out at the top, when it wasn't stored there previously in the snap, and stays there even after changing snaps. I can also clear this by toggling the Reaktor power button off then on. Easy to fix, but makes the whole ensemble not ready yet for performance since it's capable of presenting unpredictable, and bad-sounding, surprises.

And often right after saving, an edited snap will suddenly sound quite different (usually sort of clearer or less complex) than it had sounded all during the editing process, even if that process took many minutes. It sounds as if, for whatever reason, the snap suddenly is reset to actually match its set parameters and becomes "clean" from I don't know what contaminating influences which were somehow present during the editing, but it reminds me of how often, in many other Reaktor ensembles, I've noticed that it makes a difference which snap one is switching from, or whether the previous patch was sending audio at the time or not, exactly how the new snap will sound, even if only momentarily. In this case the difference persists until the final Save… Perhaps my non-technical appraisal of what is happening is completely off target, but it's the best guess I have to offer. Hopefully I have described the symptoms accurately enough…?

Finally, and this may simply be how the thing works, to judge from the video demo in which the demonstrator manually adjusts the knobs when the Elastico block is present, but I almost always seemed to wind up with stuck notes/tones with the levels maxed out when Elastico is in the rack and I do nothing to adjust its parameters. Is this expected?

Hope that's clearer:)!

Thanks!
dpc

Did you try Google Translate? https://translate.google.com

O Ja, ich liebe dieses EH! Verbrachte den ganzen Tag mit ihm und Lieblings REAKTOR Synth und sie schienen einander zu lieben, auch ein Liebesfest um sicher zu sein :)

Spotted ein paar Dinge, die ich glaube nicht, einfach Benutzer Unkenntnis waren, obwohl es dieses hier sicherlich viel ist:
Manchmal würde der linke Kanal scheinen nicht zu funktionieren, bis sie mit einem Strom Knebel fixiert und auch mit den Ebenen, manchmal der Schieber einfach hängen sich an die Spitze trotz der Snap-Einstellung oder sogar das An- und Ausziehen, wieder mit der Power-Taste gelöscht. Und oft eine gespeicherte Snap klingen würde ganz anders (in der Regel viel besser klarer :) direkt nach dem Speichern, als ob links über Töne oder Verarbeitung von einem früheren Snap hatte, bis die ganze Zwicken worden infizieren retten, auch viele Minuten wert. Schließlich, und dies kann einfach sein, wie das Ding funktioniert, von der Demo-Video zu urteilen, schien ich fast immer mit aufgeklebtem Frequenzen aufzuwickeln, wenn Elastico im Rack war. Nichts davon verdünnt, um das reine Vergnügen, jedoch; sehr dankbar und begeistert, begann im Aggreagti Ozean, viele seltsame und wunderbar freundlichen Kreaturen Schwimmen zu haben dort-danke!

Max, maybe try writing response in German, then translate to English to see what it looks like?
And translate English response to German. Maybe you do it already..
Might help, I don't know.

Well, here's the google version coming back to English; now THIS sounds like James Joyce on a bad day:)

"O Yes, I love this EH! Spent the whole day with him and favorite REAKTOR synth and they seemed to love each other, to a love hard to be sure :)

Spotted a few things that I do not just user ignorance were, although this certainly is much here:
Sometimes the left channel would not seem to be working, until it is fixed to a power toggle and easily with the planes, sometimes the slider hanging himself at the head despite the snap-setting or even on and off again with the Power- key deleted. And would often sound a saved snap completely different (usually much better clear :) directly after saving as if had left over tones or processing of a previous snap until the whole pinching save been infected, worth many minutes. Finally, and this may be just how the thing works, judging by the demo video, I seemed almost always with glued frequencies wind when Elastico was in the rack. None of this is diluted to the pure pleasure, however; very grateful and excited, began in Aggreagti Ocean to have a lot of strange and wonderful friendly creatures swimming there-thank you!"

Good for a laugh anyway:)

I translated back to English but didn't really read it.
Need a plan B, I guess.

@Gym:
thx, but googletranslate - hm, i guess, there is no worry for interpreters to get unemployed soon;-)

@David

Yeah, there is a bug in the snap-system, and its deep explained in the (upcoming) manual.
(in short):
You can not "reset" a flex, after you did a "switch" (power on/off in an unit, limiter, changing a fx/filter-type, the routing-order...)
Try this one: Choose a new flex, do some changings only with the knobs, the mod-chooser, etc.... go to another flex and then back. Your settings are saved and sounds like you did (depending of the current state of the lfo, envelopes....).
Now do some changes on the knobs, etc. but without a "switch" and say "reset": The flex will get exactly to its saved values. Now "switch" something, change a fx-type, power on/off.... and do some knob-changings AFTER this.
If you now set the reset you will remark, the flex dosnt go to its old (saved) values, it goes to the point after the last switch. So any kind of "switch" is a new "save-point".
And well, if you change a master-preset (MP) you have to save the whole preset (all 64 flex) by doubleclick the save-button above the banks. If you keep inside a MP, all flex changes will automatically saved to its index, but if you change the MP, you have to make it solide by double-click, or without you can use it as a big cmd/strg-z to get all 64 flex back.
And if you want a change of an MP really solide, for use in new instances, you have also to overwrite / duplicate the whole ensemble.

Yeah a manual is strongly necessary.*

The other things you mentioned - this is in fact completely unacceptable. Please give me some specs (which reaktor, which EH, OS, daw, is a controller assigned... in which circumstances does this happen.... ). We have tested it long weeks and behaviors like this we never remarked, so please go more into detail that we can reproduce this.
And well keep in mind that by default the perform-knobs get to init by each flex change (you can deactivate this in options), the flex than sound other.
Also there is a small (F) / (K) button on each unit, the amp, the envelopes...
F means follow - the unit... follows the flex-change. K is for keeping this unit on its current state and a flex-change will not affected to this.
Further the small red amount-knobs influence the panorama in a drastically way, even if they look like default (all red) they maybe not really "zeroed", and you will hear a pan-fx.

@All*
Would you guys take a half-ready manual for the interim, or prefer you to wait for the final one?

The big update (with the new parallel-routing, etc.) is still in work (testing-phase) and we are convinced that it will released in may.
But we have also improved and redesigned almost all filters. Even if i try to avoid advertising-slang but they sounds now marvelous;-)
So, there will be an interim-update (only the new filters) next week, before the other update comes, maybe end of may.

DJ-Superherpes wrote: @All*
Would you guys take a half-ready manual for the interim, or prefer you to wait for the final one?

The big update (with the new parallel-routing, etc.) is still in work (testing-phase) and we are convinced that it will released in may.
But we have also improved and redesigned almost all filters. Even if i try to avoid advertising-slang but they sounds now marvelous;-)
So, there will be an interim-update (only the new filters) next week, before the other update comes, maybe end of may.
Perhaps a half-ready manual with the interim update would be good. Final one whenever it is ready! :tu:

Return to “Effects”