v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

yellukhan wrote:i was thinking this since a few days,
i think would really useful an option to keep/lock progression's current Rhythm while creating random progressions.
It would not be hard to add this... I'll see if I can do it in the next days.

What are the issues with Mac 10.11? I'm using this system and can't return to 10.10. So, I hope that the issues can be fixed. What is so special with RC, that it has big problems? Nearly all applications , which I use, are running without problems.

For some reason the chord palette window does not open on 10.11, it opens when you quit RapidComposer. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Someone reported that there is no sound in the chord suggestions. I expect these things can be fixed until early next week.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:
yellukhan wrote:i was thinking this since a few days,
i think would really useful an option to keep/lock progression's current Rhythm while creating random progressions.
It would not be hard to add this... I'll see if I can do it in the next days.
Thank you so much Attila! also for the color improvement :tu:

new one..
about the Chord Preview, currently when we use active track
for previewing Bass note doesn't play on this mode as i know/tried so far..
is it possible to add one more option/selection to play Chord & Bass through active track?
would be useful imho.

edit...
tiny bug :
add transpose to track, add Transpose to track parameters via "eye"
and try to make -12 but not moving 0 to -12 try moving from for example -20 to -12 ...
transpose value will show -12 but actually applies -13
something like there is a hidden space between -13 and -12.
This is only happens if you do this via track parameter,
doing this in track inspector has no problem so far i tried.

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.

How's the OS X beta coming, can we still expect to see it sometime next week?

OS X beta goes better than expected. Problems on 10.11 are fixed (chord palette now opens), font rendering issues are fixed, and CPU usage was considerably reduced.
If all goes well* the beta will be uploaded on Sunday (in 2 days)!

Thanks,
Attila

* at the moment it builds on 10.10 which means the 10.7 SDK should be installed somehow to make it compatible with OS X 10.7 and newer. Sorry, 10.6 will not be supported by v3.X. Although I made a promise earlier to release a 10.6 version and stop supporting 10.6 later when I move to a new development system but a few weeks ago a hardware failure forced me to make that transition.

Attila, these are great news. Can you tell us a little bit more about your development-system? Which compiler do you use, how is the code built etc.

The latest RapidComposer beta version is available for OS X now!

It was built on OS X 10.10 and is compatible with OS X 10.7 and newer versions. Due to the many C++14 features used in the source code, it is not possible to build RC for OS X 10.6. The beta fixes some issues found on OS X 10.11 and should work reliably under 10.11.

Please send feedback in this topic.

Thanks,
Attila

Hello Attila!
No, only downloaded version 2.91

Hi lulukom, the download URL is not the same, you have to add "v3", so that it ends with "betav3.php". Thank you for being so quick! /Attila

Yes, Attila, I was wrong ... Thank you

wibem wrote:Attila, these are great news. Can you tell us a little bit more about your development-system? Which compiler do you use, how is the code built etc.
The development happens on a MacBook Pro, on OS X 10.10. I have other OS X versions on other partitions to test with. Xcode 7 is used with the included Apple LLVM 7.0 compiler. I copied the 10.7 SDK into Xcode 7, which did not support building for 10.7. The release build is done by a script that uses 'xcodebuild'. The .dmg file is also prepared during the build automatically.

I like the new C++ features (using lambdas a lot...) so the code base is constantly updated and modernized. Only minimal Objective-C is used where absolutely necessary, for handling windows, setting up the application, and handling messages in the main thread.

Thanks,
Attila

Hello Attila! As yet I like everything in 3 versions! A lot of improvements!
Interface raised the program to another level!
But somehow I did not find freehand tool for notes and chords that you promised to recover soon ... Yes, to work with the controllers it is!
Sincerely lulukom

Hi lulukom!

I am happy to hear that! Freehand tool is Alt+drag on the workspace background (not over phrases!).
You will find some options (snap, note usage, note length) in its inspector.

Best,
Attila

A new feature was added today:

BTW I would like to ask your opinion. Most labels in RC have every word capitalized. This annoys me, and I am thinking about changing these labels so that only the first letter is capitalized.

Which is better?
Save Selected Chords As Progression
or
Save selected chords as progression
?
:bang:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”