Did you know (Tips and Tricks) NO CHAT!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quick tip for Creating Clicks&Cuts and Glitched Loops out of Drumbeats and other Stuff:

1) Load Clip into the Session view
2) Arm Global record and Start recording, Fire up the Loaded Clip so that it plays
3) In the Inspector manipulate the Clip Start via Mouse. If you own a Push you can switch to Clip edit and use the apropriate Knob to do so.

Everytime the Start Position Jumps a new clip is created so you get stutters, Glitches etc.

Consolidate afterwards or edit further as you like.

polarity-dnb wrote:Did not find the "do you know" thread i read some days ago. Anyway, do you know bitwig bounces always the first instrument in the chain when you use the "bounce in place" function? Therefore, is the first instrument a container with fx, the fx would be included in the mixdown. So you can decide with different nesting, if you want to include FX or not in the "bounce in place" process.

quote from another thread, hope it's ok.. nice info!

in the midi editor:
  • Double Click on empty place: create new note
  • Double Click on empty place and hold the second click: mouse movem up/down = velocity, mouse movem left/right = note length
  • Shift + Strg (Cmd) + Click on note: mouse movem up/down = velocity
Polarity Music (youtube) berlin, fhain, germany

Hints and fast "bounce in place" while preserving the source midi clip:
Clip-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Project Tabs:
blue symbol = audio engine activated.
the small symbols in the top corner are showing either the project is playing or stopped.
TheTabs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Precise Automation Tweaks:
  • select automation points
  • tweak them precisely on the left sidebar!
AutomationTweaks.jpg

Hold down alt while grabbing a line of automation in order to make smoothe curves.

Double-click Scene Launcher to enter Layered Editing.
Works inside groups as well.

Totally obvious, but wasn't for me for a while ...
Click on a certain position on clip, scrolls accordingly in the Edit View.

Whilst adjusting a control such as a knob or fader, most of you likely know that you can hold Shift to enable the fine-tuning mode for more accurate changes. Alternatively, you can hold right-click whilst adjusting to achieve the same level of accuracy. For the finest control possible via the mouse you can combine holding both right-click and Shift whilst making your adjustment. Of course, if you know the exact value that you desire, the fastest way to set it will be by Ctrl-clicking the control.

you can use hardware instrument to get a track to play before the kick. perfect party trick for your claps to make them hit a bit before the kick. put it on the claps and add latency with hardware instrument.
LATENCY.png
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Thanks everyone, these are great!

I found one which was to hold alt and click and drag on an automation node to create an S type shape between the two adjoining automation lines...

Writing this on my phone so no giffage im afraid... Someone feel free to demonstrate

Use entire group chain + midi + devices+ effect tracks on other projects by doing this. Or just an instrument track or audio track which has been mixed
1.png
2.png
3.png
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

On windows might be same for mac... If you want to layer two instrument fastest way is to open two of same or different instrument on same track, then drag one of the instrument over the other while holding shift, release and it will open up in an instrument layer :) same with fx works same way :) it will be fx layer instead :)

Press ctrl+G on a device it will jump into a fx layer or instrument layer depending on type. Select more than one device and it will open up in fx or device layer but in one track only but in same order you had them previously, that is from left to right.
Last edited by takaii on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

select several devices and hit cmd+g on mac to make them a layer:

Return to “Bitwig”