Rapture Expansions - Digital Sound Factory or Fisound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:I picked up the Viral Outbreak set with the coupon since I've never seen it on sale. Figured it was the only way to get a discounted price for it. It is nice and gives the synth another quality I may be able to use more in the mix with other VIs now.

Still on the fence about the two that have been discounted to $9.95 though.

A question for someone that picked up the Moog Tribute,
'Are the sounds/programs strictly mono, or are there polys too?'
Polys too.

It's a great pack.

here is a break down of the Moog tribute pack

100 presets:
12 Bass
6 Brass
5 FX
10 Keyboard
4 Drum
5 Organ
7 Pad
2 Percussion
20 Sequence
6 String
16 Synth
3 Voice
4 Wind

There are 32 waveforns organized into 6 sfz files

scook wrote:I already have all the Galbanum stuff for Rapture. The expansion packs, Pisces and Second Coming, include 361 files from the Architectural Waveforms 2010. They also have some unique content specific to Rapture. The Architectural Waveforms CE is a 32bit wave format subset containing about 10% of the full Architectural Waveforms 2010 pack.
Hi Scook,
How do you like the Galbanum packs vs. some of the other Rapture packs like the Fisound and DSF packs?
Dan

If I had to rank them by vendor it would be Fisound, Galbanum then DSF. But all of them have excellent programs. In addition to the presets Fisound documents how to use parts of the package to create your own presets.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I noticed one last expansion pack nobody mentioned, the Biolabs Vol. 1. Has anyone tried that pack? I can't seem to find any audio clips of it anywhere.
Dan

Dan_E10 wrote:Cool, thanks for the feedback. I noticed one last expansion pack nobody mentioned, the Biolabs Vol. 1. Has anyone tried that pack? I can't seem to find any audio clips of it anywhere.
Dan
That's another one I've watched for, but never seen go on sale.
My feeling was it might be redundant to the Alchemy banks I own. But definitely something I would consider if the price was right (or other discount applied in some way).

I picked up Viral Outbreak this week as well. It was a choice between it and Biolabs. Viral Outbreak is a lot larger than I expected, 1.5 GB of samples. So far I have found one wave file is missing. Not critical through, I will touch up the sfz or recreate the wave. I am sure Biolabs will find a home with the next sale or voucher.

scook wrote:I picked up Viral Outbreak this week as well. It was a choice between it and Biolabs. Viral Outbreak is a lot larger than I expected, 1.5 GB of samples. So far I have found one wave file is missing. Not critical through, I will touch up the sfz or recreate the wave. I am sure Biolabs will find a home with the next sale or voucher.
Mine said it was missing a sample too. But when I did a search it showed up under the install folder and I was able to simply copy and paste it where it belong. All works as it should now.
Seems like this has happened with every set I've downloaded from Cakewalk. Enough to form a conspiracy theory at least. :wink:

Viral Outbreak is quickly becoming my favorite set for Rapture though.

U120 + Minimoog expansions... Grand Total: $5.20. Grand total, indeed. :tu:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Hi, where is this please: Bargain discussion thread.

Happy Frog wrote:Hi, where is this please: Bargain discussion thread.
Marketplace Forum...usually around the fifth or sixth thread from the top.

So like almost everyone else I ended up getting the fisound pack. There's a lot of material here. It'll take quite a while to get through it. I'd still like to pick up the Piscis at some point but it looks like those never go on sale. It seems a little weird to spend $60 for an expansion pack to a synth that can had almost for free at this point.
Dan

Dan_E10 wrote:So like almost everyone else I ended up getting the fisound pack. There's a lot of material here. It'll take quite a while to get through it. I'd still like to pick up the Piscis at some point but it looks like those never go on sale. It seems a little weird to spend $60 for an expansion pack to a synth that can had almost for free at this point.
Dan

Keep a close eye on the Cakewalk Store. They had one sale I know of on the Pisces/Galbanum stuff (around 19.95?) I think it might have been a mistake because it didn't last long, but a few were lucky enough to grab it.

The only ones I've never seen go on sale are the Biolabs and Viral Outbreak sets.
And just an update, I bought the Viral Outbreak this time, told my wife about the survey and she went to her account and bought the Moog Tribute and Electronic Guitars (which she ended up getting completely free with the discount.) All three of those sets are pretty nice and it gave me reason to finally re-install Rapture on my system. Somehow I forgot it was my favorite synth of theirs.

Of course, I've developed an issue where the sample rate for the three Sonar stand-alone(s) refuse to set on anything except 441000 and support doesn't seem to be much help on that yet.

Anyone know the registry string they save to?

Shoot I didn't realize that wives could be made use of to double the discount. Next time maybe. I'll keep an eye out for the Galbanum stuff going on sale. I searched through my email and didn't see Galbanum show up for anything other than the release announcements. I bought Rapture back in 2006 so I shouldn't have missed any sales. :o
Dan

Dan_E10 wrote:Shoot I didn't realize that wives could be made use of to double the discount. Next time maybe. I'll keep an eye out for the Galbanum stuff going on sale. I searched through my email and didn't see Galbanum show up for anything other than the release announcements. I bought Rapture back in 2006 so I shouldn't have missed any sales. :o
Dan

I didn't realize it either, so she completely surprised me with that one!
Seems like the other sale was on for about a week only.
And the email didn't specify which ones or for how much.
They also had a couple of the DSF for DimPro discounted from $99.00 down to $19.00!
I really got the impression someone made a mistake and they corrected it as soon as the orders started to show.

Crossing fingers for another newb- sales-person FU!

Return to “Instruments”