Announcing DrumSpillage

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, so after passing out on the couch I'm NOW getting to really dig into DrumSpillage. Can other drum synths make these sounds? Don't know, don't care... :D I'm just enjoying the hell out of this plugin. Some might say you can use most any synth to make percussive sounds (and they'd be right for the most part), but I do like having something dedicated to these types of sounds.

DrumSpillage is what I've been looking for. I love supporting the smaller dev houses, and I REALLY hope this plugin takes off. A few minor bugs, it's crashed Live once or twice, but if I had to keep only five of my synth plugins, DrumSpillage would be one of the top three. It's just pretty much exactly how I like to work in a synth, everything is layed out right there for me and I don't have to screw around. Some of the modules don't have (and often have moredifferent) parameters that others have, but that forces me to look for different ways to do things.

A randomize button would be disgustingly awesome ;) Either on a per module (as in when you hit randomize it only messes with parameters available to a given module that's selected for that pad) or per pad (as in it will add in a random module and parameters) basis. but then again I'm a whore for randomization and generative things.

Speaking of which, I should go pair DrumSpillage with Elysium :D
Meh.

Congratulations! on the release.....most definitely worth the anticipated wait....I read the read me....I think maybe someones sleeping! for the next 3 days.....you deserve a lot of success with DS it really is quite special.Solid foundations laid.KrisM mentions generative and randomisation....future development/plans?, features from AS which would be fantastic.I'll pester you later for some feature requests.In the meantime totally agree with the workflow, I would have to use a lot of synths, time and dig around to do this and or cave in the CPU on a decent dual 2GHz plus machine and still not get there, of course the algos are dedicated to percussion so very focused on the job and clearly specific to the task and of course can go into a lot of other territory as well, the CPU use is pretty good considering the sonics DS is throwing out.

Distinctly refreshing sonically, huge range of tones, fast easy workflow, crap loads of fun and lots of practically useful rewarding ear candy.

Percussion/noise makers paradise and this is just the start. :tu:
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

Excited to see the manual for this. Been playing around with it a little bit but a manual would help a lot. ;)

eric_c wrote:Excited to see the manual for this. Been playing around with it a little bit but a manual would help a lot. ;)
Totally understand eric. I'll send an email and post here when the manual is up. How do people feel about video tutorials?

audiospillage

If you have time, go for video tutorials if you want. All the same, I'd rather see resources and effort going to improving/adding modules, etc ;)

Heck, I'm doing good here without a manual lol.
Meh.

Despite a few hiccups intitially, Live hasn't crashed DrumSpillage again in many hours of use.

Still playing with this thing to see what weird sounds I can get out of it :D
Meh.

A suggestion for future updates is that the numbered pads in the top left corner for selecting each drum whilst in model editor mode, be set so they illuminate when the respective pad is triggered.

It would make finding each sound I wish to edit a bit easier/quicker.

Apart from that, astounding work. I'm loving this loads. I loved e-Phonic Drumatic when I was using XP and missed it when I went purely OSX but this has replaced, and surpassed it.

chriszanf wrote:A suggestion for future updates is that the numbered pads in the top left corner for selecting each drum whilst in model editor mode, be set so they illuminate when the respective pad is triggered.

It would make finding each sound I wish to edit a bit easier/quicker.

Apart from that, astounding work. I'm loving this loads. I loved e-Phonic Drumatic when I was using XP and missed it when I went purely OSX but this has replaced, and surpassed it.
Thanks chriszanf, glad you're enjoying it. I'll try and get the pad trigger feature you mentioned finished for the next update.

audiospillage

Return to “AudioSpillage”