The Thesys Feature Request Thread

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- When recording input from my midi keyboard, why only pitch is recorded? Why not velocity, gate time and pitch-bends also? Why not allow me to select which parameters to record?

- Custom pitch-bend curves. I find the stock-versions too inflexible.

- Custom chords please!

I also got Consequence - there is no octave-down option as in eloquence - why not? would be very handy.

Cheers :)

Yeah +1. I commented on the velocity input before and was wondering why not the others. Speaking of parameters the default volume in modulations is 0 and i also noticed in a lot of the presets that it was off when flicking through them. It would make more sense to start at 100 imo. At stimresp, or have a record function on the mod sequencer then you can choose what you want...
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

i just tried it , its cool,

but i would like undo ... please , there is no undo i think
and also instead of inserting notes as C,D,F , ... a piano roll, come on men, a small little piano roll and then an option to see the c,d,f notes if you want.

great job , ill keep on checking it ;D

also that tempo could be increased not only like in beg steps but also with a knob.

Like if you would pass from 50bpm to 100bpm with a knob ;D

I guess I need to get more in to the chord function. But as I understand it, these are still pre-defined chords. If there were a way to do polyphony with this unit it would be incredible. Even three notes maximum. You could do so much. The thing about chords is that they don't stay static. You can move them around but as you do, their intervals change in order to stay in key. That's why pre-defined chords can only take you so far.

Again, I may totally talking out of my a** not understanding the app for this instrument. Even without these types of chord functions I think it totally rocks!

I would like to see a "population" field and range for randomization like they have in Fruity Loops.

Another vote for randomization ranges (upper/lower limit).

Thanks for making such a great product !

I'm a P3 Sequentix step sequencer user since many years now. Here are some suggestions coming from my P3 experience:

- remote controlable mute velocity button for each step to mute/unmute on the fly one or more step in a live situation;
- each Performance Line should have an independant first and last step (its own loop);
- the random Performance Line should have a percent vale for each step;
- a Gate Mask line (P3 Sequentix vocabulary ;-) ) should be add in the Performance Sequencer with a dedicate global know. The purpose should be to give each step a value (0-127). When the step value is less than the dedicate knob value the step is mute. This can be done on the P3 and gives a lot of live tweaking !
- the Modulation sequencer should modulate internal parameters of Eloquence itself.

It could be also useful to have some label under each velocity step ;-)

Hi hpsounds,

- each Performance Line should have an independant first and last step
well it has, just set loop to individual.

- a Gate Mask line (P3 Sequentix vocabulary Wink ) should be add ...
the velocity action function is kind of working like that. it defines a velocity threshhold, all notes with a velocity below get mutet if the action is active.

- the Modulation sequencer should modulate internal parameters of Eloquence itself.
Under the cc menu you find (8 via the different tracks) parameters of the internal synth, click the green button beside to activate modulation.

Robert

Sugar Bytes wrote:
mbncp wrote:What about an auto-scale/transpose mode based on incoming chords or the chords played by consequence. Currently I need an extra plug to deal with it, but it would be nice being part of Thesys.

Could you put that into the Thesys feature request thread with a little extra explanation?

thx
Rico
Well the idea is to be able to switch key and scale just by playing a given chord, pretty much like Karma or the Motif arps work.

What I do now is to program Thesys in C major, sending the notes to a plug that receives also the chords I'm playing on my keyboard.
Then, depending of the chord I play, all notes will be transposed, ex:
C D E F G A B will become
F G AbBbC DbEb when I play a Fmin chord (F Ab C).
Which is the same than setting the scale to Aeolian and press the F key in Thesis, but for me it's easier to play directly the chords and let the plug deal with the scale re-mapping and key transpose.

Then, Consequence could output it's chord and send it to Thesys, this way, bass lines, melodic stuf,.. would always play automatically in scale/key.

Also, it would still be interesting to use the pitch keys in thesis (only the white ones), in which case, instead of switching key (ex: C major to D major, it would shift the notes within the scale, where C major would become D Dorian when pressing the D pitch key (well if the chord is C Maj, the center key would be the root key of the chord).

Hope it's clear :oops:

Hello,

- history/undo functionality
- A/B comparison, so I can compare pattern states quickly
- groove editor to move steps slightly backwards and forwards

Pitch editor really needs some adjustment. When I move notes down, I often cannot see the note name because it is masked by the mouse pointer.

Regards
Mindmatching

Slowdown feature request.

Slow down is cool , but it could be cooler.

When slowing down the melody just goes out of sync , wich is cool , but it would be cool if there was also an option where:

By pressing down the slow down it would slow down until the half or even maybe 3rd speed of the actual sequence.

So you define how much you want slow it down , half speed , 1/4 of speed 1/3 etc...

then you would press the button and even if you didnt presses it a whole pattern ( or loop ) it would keep on slowing down to the selected speed and then when the next pattern starts it stays at the speed you selected lets say half speed.

or maybe even an option so that next pattern it gets back to normal speed.

so it sounds out of spped one pattern or two , and then the next pattern it comes again in sync , sort of like a small break down.

Enabling midi control of sequencer playback mode was a huge improvement, but we still need midi learn for the Step Shift Control. Adjusting Step Shift Control enables modest, organic shifts in an evolving sequence without resorting to randomize, but right now this can only be done with the mouse.

The step shift controls are midilearnable already.

Then something must be buggy. Since I installed Thesys 1.02 on my MacBook, the only midi learn functions I can get to work are for individual steps and the scale select. Nothing else comes up as midi learnable when I right-click on it. The only other upgrade I made recently was to Ableton Live 8.05. Did Thesys 1.02 lose some functionality or might there be some incompatibility between 1.02 and Live 8.05? Anyone else having this problem?

Return to “Sugar Bytes”