FX Pedals Thread: News, Views, Etc.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OMG! ...13 new pedals from TC Electronic: http://www.tcelectronic.com/smorgasbord-of-tones/

Does anyone know if this KOKKO FDD2 really has a 1-second delay? That seems excessive for a pedal at this price point. I was wondering if it were more like 400-600ms.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHCZYBK?re ... 0_70668670

It's not expensive to make a 1 second analog delay but it's expensive to do it well. The Biyang has switches to choose between 600ms and 1100ms, and it sounds considerably better at 600ms. With that said, I really like the screwed up sound of its 1100ms mode and I've mentioned before about how I like the modulations that occur because of it's broken timing.

btw, I'm at the Shanghai music trade show right now, you would absolutely lose your mind here. :)

you see the new tech 21 stuff?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

..lately, i've noticed these 'Obsessive' mini-pedals which look to be clones of the OCD. these 'clones' even have 18v option, just like the original. ...will have to investigate. ...have seen what looks to be this same mini-pedal, from both Mosky and ammoon. Apparently, 'ammoon' is just the house name brand for 'Tom Top' store?

Miniature components don't sound the same. They also sometimes can't handle as much voltage, though maybe 18V and 9V aren't a problem.

I cloned an OCD years ago. In the end, I decided not to release it because the real thing is already a good value that's hard to improve on. There are good less gainy Marshall alternatives, such as the Xotic SL Drive, Rockett Colt 45, and Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, but the OCD is already its own thing that people are trying to get.

What new Tech 21 stuff ,Hink?

Maybe he means the new Fly Rigs, one with the British and the other with the California. British is Marshall but I don't know what's different from the Plexi in the original Fly Rig. California is Mesa Boogie.

I imagine they'll do the Liverpool (AC30) next.

Awesome,thanks.

Uncle E wrote:Maybe he means the new Fly Rigs, one with the British and the other with the California. British is Marshall but I don't know what's different from the Plexi in the original Fly Rig. California is Mesa Boogie.

I imagine they'll do the Liverpool (AC30) next.

yup that was it, I got an email about them at about the same time I posted this and was just curious if they were any good or not. I know what to expect from the amp emulation but I'm curious about the reverb and delay. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

...got 3 new pedals on ebay for around $65 total: 2 Joyo Vintage Phasers and a Nux Time Core. not bad. at least better than regular retail.

...going to try running those dual phasers in stereo to separate amps. on the nux, interested to hear things like 'reverse' setting...

was visually comparing the insides of OCD clone to the original. definitely like E was sayin'... noticeably smaller components throughout the innards of the clone pedal...

When using the guitar amplifier's FX loop, is this something to think about? Line Level versus Instrument Level: http://www.ovnilab.com/articles/linelevel.shtml

Anyone tried a DIGITECH XTD Tone Driver? They're on clearance this week, but I can't get in to try one.

http://digitech.com/en/products/tone-driver
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

It's digital. Unless it's $20 or less, I'd stay away from it.

Uncle E wrote:It's digital. Unless it's $20 or less, I'd stay away from it.
OK thanks, I'll leave it. I have a Bad Monkey and a Grunge, both of which I like quite a bit. Cheap and very cheerful.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”