MuLab 9.5.34

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TorresBob88 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:15 am
Really? I have been posting about this very issue and no one seems to be responding about it, despite it being repeatable with just about any version of MuLab! :roll:
Silence can convey an emotion.
Its a dramatic pause in Jazz music.
What emotion would that be? Cos to me it says this!

mutools wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:55 pm [*]Much more flexible and comfortable tempo editing using tempo envelope clips.
Add a tempo track -> Insert tempo clips -> draw tempo envelopes.
The fact that it uses envelope clips also lets you move/copy/mute such tempo clips.
Note: There can only be 1 tempo track.
Note: Tempo clips cannot be used in the Live Matrix. (not yet?)
It's hard to overstate just how Awesome this update is! For ease of use and sheer fun this blows away all the competition imho. Clip based tempo editing - it works smoothly and beautifully whether audio is from synth or sample. A great option is to open the Tempo knob and just record in the tempo changes by feel. Can then edit the curves and points in the clip after. Great job Jo :tu:
mutools wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:55 pm[*]Drum Note Processor: When using VST2 / VST3 / CLAP plugins as target for the drum pads, the plugin editor was not shown when clicking the pad edit button. Fixed.
I have not used the drum processor pad in this way before, but not quite expected behaviour here - First click does open the plugin editor, subsequent click does not close it as would happen with a mux but brings up a message 'opened in separate window'. If plugin editor then closed - the next time I try to open it I get just the message box. If I click on a different pad and then come back to the first one - opening the plugin editor works again as before, but with the added message box again.
There is also something strange with the routing cables on the front panel in the MuDrum note processor: when I have substituted another plugin or a mux for one of the pads in the modular area the front panel cable routing no longer works for that pad. I have no idea how to restore the front panel routing behaviour in this case.

Michael L wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:22 am FYI, "musical playground" is the name for outdoor musical equipment in schools and parks.
I find MuLab's unique quality is its flexible workflow, so perhaps "creative musical workflow" ?
I'm with Michael on this.

Ok, sounds like the "Musical Playground" experiment isn't a good one.
Will revert to "Creative Music Studio".

Thank you for the tempo-track, Jo! I've been waiting sooo long for this.
This last update is so useful ... it would have deserved to be named 9.6!!! I will rearange my wishes for 10.x now ;-)

mutools wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:08 pm Ok, sounds like the "Musical Playground" experiment isn't a good one.
Will revert to "Creative Music Studio".
Michael L wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:22 am FYI, "musical playground" is the name for outdoor musical equipment in schools and parks.
I find MuLab's unique quality is its flexible workflow, so perhaps "creative musical workflow" ?
I quite like it - the link to the fun and freedom aluded to by the idea of "outdoor musical equipment in schools and parks" seems quite pertinent.

Maybe something joining the two worlds? "Creative Freedom for your Musical Workflow"?

nenneb wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:09 pm Thank you for the tempo-track, Jo! I've been waiting sooo long for this.
This last update is so useful ... it would have deserved to be named 9.6!!! I will rearange my wishes for 10.x now ;-)
I'm wondering how the the tempo track will work with sync to host, so seeing it in the plugin version will be interesting.

pljones wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:47 pm Creative Freedom for your Musical Workflow
I like it!

robert_p wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:18 pm
pljones wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:47 pm Creative Freedom for your Musical Workflow
I like it!
A very appropriate direction!

Or, playing off “Lab”,
Creative Freedom for Musical Exploration

Or a short version,
Creative Musical Freedom
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:31 pm Creative Freedom for Musical Exploration
MuLab 15: Interstellar Audio Transmission System ;)

MuLab
"Where Great Music Happens (or) Start" (or Creativity Happens)
For me at least! :D
MuLab of course :D

MuLab
"Beyond creativity" ;)

pljones wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:49 pm I'm wondering how the the tempo track will work with sync to host, so seeing it in the plugin version will be interesting.
Well, I guess in that case the tempo track must be ignored as tempo should come from the host.

I stopped using the PlugIn as I experienced syncing issues with the host MultiTrackStudio. But it is not any problem to me, as I feel best in MuLab. Now that there is the tempo-track, I only miss a multiple-track-view or at least a synchronized song-position/zoom-setting for all tracks to easily check whats happening on other tracks ...

nenneb wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:14 amWell, I guess in that case the tempo track must be ignored as tempo should come from the host.
I was wondering if it could do relative tempo adjustment -- "real time" provided by the host with the tempo automation adjusting the plugin view of "time".

Since MuLab 9.0 all tempi in MuLab are relative.
In MuLab App the very master tempo is defined at the project level MUX.
In MuLab Plugin the very master tempo is defined by the host.
Example:
Say MuLab App's project tempo is 128 bpm.
If there is a main composer at the project level, and its tempo is 125% then the effective tempo is 160 bpm.
If you add a tempo track in that composer, it goes from minimum 50% to maximum 200%, hence you can make a tempo track from 64 bpm to 256 bpm. If you then change the project tempo to 100 bpm, then without touching anything that composer will play its tempo track from 50 bpm to 200 bpm.
Similar to MuLab Plugin, with the single difference that the main project tempo is defined by the host DAW.
So even if the host DAW has a tempo track, MuLab can do composers with a tempo track, which will work relatively upon the host tempo track.
Hope i explained well.

Return to “MUTOOLS”