UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Sampleconstruct wrote:I actually only use IRCAM Stretch for offline processing, as it can sound so good with extreme time-stretching, but it's just not made for live usage, even on my new ashtray Mac Pro - it wasn't usable for tracking/live playing in MachFive and didn't improve much CPU-wise in Falcon.
For me, using the IRCAM Stretch or the IRCAM Scrub, the problem is that even when the CPU usage isn't showing very high 20-25% it still has drop out outs (crackles and pops in the audio), where normally for other oscillator types I can give above 50% cpu usage without any problems, with my same audio card buffer settings. As a workaround I can crank my audio card buffer up to 512, and it gets rid of the crackles, but then playability becomes difficult because of the latency.

A demo for download would be nice. The soundexamples I've heard sounds really flat, thin and boring to me, specially the analog section is a joke imho. So a test without wasting money would be fine.

Yes, it's all flat, thin and boring, just forget about it, it's all just a joke.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Yes, it's all flat, thin and boring, just forget about it, it's all just a joke.

Sound Author wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Yes, it's all flat, thin and boring, just forget about it, it's all just a joke.

Here is an extremely thin and boring track made with 100% Falcon sounds, it totally flat and extremely boring, and thin:

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... tick-cello

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is an extremely thin and boring track made with 100% Falcon sounds, it totally flat and extremely boring, and thin:

Seriously, you should just take over the official Falcon product page at this point.

I thought strange idea - it is possible to write (make) simple signal generator in Lua ? :D Well i mean audio signal, not midi.

Sound Author wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is an extremely thin and boring track made with 100% Falcon sounds, it totally flat and extremely boring, and thin:

Seriously, you should just take over the official Falcon product page at this point.
LOL, maybe not - it would help if they added some proper demos though.

Anybody else having an issue in the browser with audio files auditioning strangely? Sometimes they will play all the way though. Sometimes they will only play for a few brief milliseconds and then stop suddenly. Has this been fixed yet?

Taurus wrote:A demo for download would be nice. The soundexamples I've heard sounds really flat, thin and boring to me, specially the analog section is a joke imho. So a test without wasting money would be fine.
Translation=
My parents dont give me enough pocket money to afford this so I hate it.
And also its not Serum

:hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Taurus wrote:A demo for download would be nice. The soundexamples I've heard sounds really flat, thin and boring to me, specially the analog section is a joke imho. So a test without wasting money would be fine.
Translation=
My parents dont give me enough pocket money to afford this so I hate it.
And also its not Serum

:hihi:
In his defense, a demo version is not an unreasonable request. I'm actually surprised there isn't one yet :neutral:

As someone who has just purchased falcon second, I will also say that I also am not impressed by the sound of the analog section at all. I would actually agree that it sounds rather flat and boring. I'm not terribly impressed by the sound of the wavetable or pluck sections either actually. But I'm purchasing mainly due to the MPE functionality and granular/sampling capabilities. I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of the fm section as well. But who knows, if it doesn't jive with me then it might go up for sale again. Hopefully not. Looking forward to playing with it.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:As someone who has just purchased falcon second, I will also say that I also am not impressed by the sound of the analog section at all. I would actually agree that it sounds rather flat and boring. I'm not terribly impressed by the sound of the wavetable or pluck sections either actually. But I'm purchasing mainly due to the MPE functionality and granular/sampling capabilities. I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of the fm section as well. But who knows, if it doesn't jive with me then it might go up for sale again. Hopefully not. Looking forward to playing with it.
I hope you're not basing your opinion of the Analog and Pluck oscillators on the factory presets. In my opinion, the factory sounds are not a very good example of what's possible in Falcon. Also, you might want to consider the "Component Hierarchy", and how modulation sources and event processors interact with the oscillators. I was also disappointed with a lot of the presets, but then I realized that many of those sounds don't really take advantage of the component hierarchy in creative ways. Falcon would not be the first software instrument that turned out to be far more powerful than the sound designers who made the factory presets initially realized. I intend to begin work on a preset library that takes full advantage of the component hierarchy in a very holistic way. But, of course, it will take a minute :tu:

Sound Author wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:As someone who has just purchased falcon second, I will also say that I also am not impressed by the sound of the analog section at all. I would actually agree that it sounds rather flat and boring. I'm not terribly impressed by the sound of the wavetable or pluck sections either actually. But I'm purchasing mainly due to the MPE functionality and granular/sampling capabilities. I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of the fm section as well. But who knows, if it doesn't jive with me then it might go up for sale again. Hopefully not. Looking forward to playing with it.
I hope you're not basing your opinion of the Analog and Pluck oscillators on the factory presets. In my opinion, the factory sounds are not a very good example of what's possible in Falcon. Also, you might want to consider the "Component Hierarchy", and how modulation sources and event processors interact with the oscillators. I was also disappointed with a lot of the presets, but then I realized that many of those sounds don't really take advantage of the component hierarchy in creative ways. Falcon would not be the first software instrument that turned out to be far more powerful than the sound designers who made the factory presets initially realized. I intend to begin work on a preset library that takes full advantage of the component hierarchy in a very holistic way. But, of course, it will take a minute :tu:
Oh i don't even have it yet! waiting on the transfer. I'm purely talking about all the demos and youtube videos out there demonstrating the different synthesis sections. I'm very impressed by the capabilities and i don't mind that the analog section sounds rather neutral and flat since i have plenty of characterful analog type sounds. i like Simon's sounds, but i think is largely due to the granular engine which is a big selling point for me. if i like the analog and wavetable stuff, it'll be a nice bonus.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”