Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02, rev. 9629 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While I understand the reluctance to nail down a definitive release date, I sure wouldn't mind a voluntary once-a-month or so progress update from U-He on the state of the Uhbik plug-ins.

Just to give some of us a sense of hope :-)
On a number of Macs

I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel with Filterscape, if that helps. Yay! I think today I've closed the last of 40 or so tickets that had challenging stuff in them. There are a dozen or two left for me with routine things. Certainly our QA will find some more difficult things for me, but that's not too frightening anymore. Yet, I do not have an overview currently over the work of others as we couldn't do a dev meeting that was scheduled two weeks ago, and we weren't able to reschedule it.

To recap, once the Filterscape update is out of the door, focus will shift onto Uhbik. I'll equip the EQ with the visual stuff I did for Filterscape, I have to fine tune new filters in Runciter and some of the devs have to work on some other ends before we can release anything, but I'm sure it'll be on a good path shortly after we're done with Filterscape.

Thanks for the update, Urs.
On a number of Macs

Thanks Urs for explaining your process.
~From 2017, I've made this forum my weekly routine, it stands alone in my online interaction, apart from broader kvraudio or any other forums. Though I may not post often, I appreciate all the things shared here.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:38 pm I sure wouldn't mind a voluntary once-a-month or so progress update from U-He on the state of the Uhbik plug-ins.
Any tidbits worth reporting this month Urs? :)
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:01 pm Any tidbits worth reporting this month Urs? :)
Guys, we haven't even released Filterscape yet.
We also hope to then post some new public betas of at least a few plugins with improved CLAP support and with native Silicon AAX support and lots of under the hood refactoring we worked on over the past several months. Things that you might not notice but that are important to keep our code future-proof, like a complete overhaul of the dialog system, amongst other things.
Please don't expect a new Uhbik beta to pop up right after the release of Filterscape 1.5.
There are over a hundred unresolved issues in the Uhbik project. We need to work through many of these before we can post a first beta of the next Uhbik version.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:01 pm
Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:38 pm I sure wouldn't mind a voluntary once-a-month or so progress update from U-He on the state of the Uhbik plug-ins.
Any tidbits worth reporting this month Urs? :)
(ah, Tas beat me to it)

We're very close to going public beta with Filterscape. The crunch before that was long and exhausting, I'm taking it a bit slower atm. This is very good news, out of our three major renovations, two are done.

There's a lot of housekeeping ahead now, we've removed a massive amount of technical debt. So while the big focus will change from Filterscape to Uhbik, we'll also have to release a couple of over due updates, bringing AAX back to Mac, upgrading VST3 support and stuff.

Tas & Urs: Thanks for the monthly tidbits. As you can see by the “likes”, keeping us somewhat in the loop is appreciated. It’s why your company is considered beloved.
On a number of Macs

tasmaniandevil wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:26 am Guys, we haven't even released Filterscape yet.
Yes, yes, but Uhbik2 and Zebra3 when? :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

After Filterscape, quite simply _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

PieBerger wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:37 am
tasmaniandevil wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:26 am Guys, we haven't even released Filterscape yet.
who cares? Wait until you try to new Filterscape VA :hihi:

I bought the Uhbiks in May 2020 just because of the promise of the new version being just around the corner.... Time flies...
I don't mind waiting, though. It's fine :)
No! wait! The update was already there from the really old Uhbiks. My bad
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:35 pm
No more synth for me for a little while; too many already (he says :lol: ) and only so many hours in the day to use them all, so I need to be a good boy and keep the wallet sealed up!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:35 pm
No more synth for me for a little while; too many already (he says :lol: ) and only so many hours in the day to use them all, so I need to be a good boy and keep the wallet sealed up!
But you were asking about a synth? :wink:

Filterscape VA is pretty unique. Don't know of any synth with something like the snapshot EQ. You'll really be missing out! :D

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:41 pm
PieBerger wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:35 pm
But you were asking about a synth? :wink:

Filterscape VA is pretty unique. Don't know of any synth with something like the snapshot EQ. You'll really be missing out! :D
I wasn't being entirely serious :lol:

Plasmonic, Modus and Kult are all pretty unique too and so far I've managed to resist them all, despite positive demo results. Neither these 3 synths nor Filterscape are going anywhere, so when I've written some more music with what I have, maybe I will treat myself to a new toy.

There also seems to be no end to great software being developed, which is a positive thing, but it also means I don't need to allow FOMO to takeover i.e. there will always be something new and shiny just around the corner waiting.

If we all stand on one foot, with our fingers crossed and Mercury isn't in retrograde, maybe Z3 will release at/around Superbooth '24, so at the very least, I can keep my wallet closed until then. No point in spending a bunch of money on new plugins, only to bench them when Z3 becomes available (at no extra charge to me too!)
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “u-he”