MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

I said "mid november" because that's what Sweetwater has as release date (18th).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Peter, is it possible we could hear some metalish/aggressive styled demos?

Played on the bridge, roundwound strings, picked etc. So far, everything I've heard is really mellow.

xphen0m wrote:Peter, is it possible we could hear some metalish/aggressive styled demos?

Played on the bridge, roundwound strings, picked etc. So far, everything I've heard is really mellow.
I have relayed request for this and other styles of demo to the team, I'll remind them of the request again. Thanks!

We have published a couple of new video demos on our YouTube channel. Here's one of those:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6kgaAGmlbc

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This doesn't make it difficult at all to get a realistic performance, though I do appreciate and will relay the suggestion.
So there is something that can take the role of "repeat" key? How would I play a very simple bass line of just hitting same note up/down/up/down/etc using MODO?

Megakazbek wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This doesn't make it difficult at all to get a realistic performance, though I do appreciate and will relay the suggestion.
So there is something that can take the role of "repeat" key? How would I play a very simple bass line of just hitting same note up/down/up/down/etc using MODO?
You can set the Finger or Pick play style to alternate and play/program the same note.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:You can set the Finger or Pick play style to alternate and play/program the same note.
But there presumably will be some brief discontinuity at the moments when I lift the finger to play the same key again?
What if I play it with sustain pedal, will it retrigger same string continiously or overlay a new note over already sounding one each time it is played?

Will there be velocity sensitive playing? What I mean is soft playing/stroking at low velocities and hard strokes/playing at high velocities? It sort of sounds like that's the case from the posted demo, but I need to make sure that I'm not misjudging things.

EvilDragon wrote:Yes, there should definitely be separate keyswitches for down and upstrokes which repeat last played key. I do agree that v1.0 shouldn't be released without that crucial feature.

It really is crucial!
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Megakazbek wrote:
You can set the Finger or Pick play style to alternate and play/program the same note.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Haven't been on this thread in a while but will MODO be able to replicate slappy disco bass? Scarbee bass?

Megakazbek wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:You can set the Finger or Pick play style to alternate and play/program the same note.
But there presumably will be some brief discontinuity at the moments when I lift the finger to play the same key again?
What if I play it with sustain pedal, will it retrigger same string continiously or overlay a new note over already sounding one each time it is played?
Was thinking the same thing. The point of the repeat last note key is to be able to play a single note faster than you can a single key and without gaps, like you can with two fingers on a string or with a pick.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Megakazbek wrote:
Was thinking the same thing. The point of the repeat last note key is to be able to play a single note faster than you can a single key and without gaps, like you can with two fingers on a string or with a pick.
And the feature request was relayed and logged.

SeeingInMidi wrote:Haven't been on this thread in a while but will MODO be able to replicate slappy disco bass? Scarbee bass?
There is a slap play style for your disco bass needs :)

xphen0m wrote:Will there be velocity sensitive playing? What I mean is soft playing/stroking at low velocities and hard strokes/playing at high velocities? It sort of sounds like that's the case from the posted demo, but I need to make sure that I'm not misjudging things.
Yes, MODO BASS is velocity sensitive for realistic results.

Haven't read the whole thread, so have to ask: is there going to be a double bass emulation added?

Return to “Instruments”