Waldorf Nave VST version at thomann.de

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

apologies if this has been asked already somewhere in this thread - just trying the demo now in cubase and having an issue where the arpeggiator continues playing (as if on Hold) even when I change to one shot or normal. ie - I press one key and the arps keep playing even if I don't touch it...

Kindred wrote:apologies if this has been asked already somewhere in this thread - just trying the demo now in cubase and having an issue where the arpeggiator continues playing (as if on Hold) even when I change to one shot or normal. ie - I press one key and the arps keep playing even if I don't touch it...
Hi

there is most probably general "hold" activated. Please press "Control" on the bottom right and check if hold is activated. This is a general hold section not related to arpeggiator.

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

Good someone please tell Waldorf to start selling Nave in their webshop. My money is burning in my hand. I have the working demo but I would like to show commitment.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:Good someone please tell Waldorf to start selling Nave in their webshop. My money is burning in my hand. I have the working demo but I would like to show commitment.
I would bet it isn't longer than a few days till that :-)

Rommelaar wrote:Good someone please tell Waldorf to start selling Nave in their webshop. My money is burning in my hand. I have the working demo but I would like to show commitment.
bestservice has it available as download :tu:

I'm sorry to say that I don't like the pink, bright green, bright blue, black and metallic sheen parts of the UI. Please provide a slightly more balanced and traditional alternative! Less gloss and less gradients too. Thanks!

toothnclaw wrote:I'm sorry to say that I don't like the pink, bright green, bright blue, black and metallic sheen parts of the UI. Please provide a slightly more balanced and traditional alternative! Less gloss and less gradients too. Thanks!
I love the gui, and would hate to see it changed. I'm hoping this doesn't become the concensus. I also don't see pink (?). Or maybe I'm colour blind.

Nave's gui is one of the reasons it's already one of my favorite synthesizers. Keep up the great work Rolf, it's going to be really exciting when Nave implements the new additions you promised!
Ha ha suck it!

I said an alternative. Maybe not something completely different, but these colors and effects I described in the previous post could be slightly toned down and the whole UI homogenized. It's just a suggestion. As far as I read some other users were also... how shall I put it... surprised by the looks of the current UI.

You don't see pink? Look at the filter graph, cutoff knob, arpeg speed.

EDIT: And the brown, I should not forget to mention the brown of the Pitch/Mod wheel section. How does that fit to everything else?

toothnclaw wrote:I said an alternative. Maybe not something completely different, but these colors and effects I described in the previous post could be slightly toned down and the whole UI homogenized. It's just a suggestion. As far as I read some other users were also... how shall I put it... surprised by the looks of the current UI.

You don't see pink? Look at the filter graph, cutoff knob, arpeg speed.

EDIT: And the brown, I should not forget to mention the brown of the Pitch/Mod wheel section. How does that fit to everything else?
Sure! Alternatives are always great :tu:
Ha ha suck it!

Oh, great - I just opened it in Resource Hacker and saw that all (most?) of the PNGs are accessible. Which means that anyone could make a mod of the UI.

But anyway, Waldorf could have done a much better job... This is directly related to sales, guys... Please give it a thought...

toothnclaw wrote:Oh, great - I just opened it in Resource Hacker and saw that all (most?) of the PNGs are accessible. Which means that anyone could make a mod of the UI.

But anyway, Waldorf could have done a much better job... This is directly related to sales, guys... Please give it a thought...
I guess we agree to disagree. The current gui is one of the selling points for me. To me it's not the look that will be served better by implementation, it's the synth itself, with more modulation options for example.

But hey, to each his or her own, I respect your likes.
Ha ha suck it!

What I dont like aboput the GUI, and IMHO makes workflow slower, is that the two main oscilators are not accesible at the same time.
dedication to flying

What is the difference betweeb the iPad and the vst version?

Leichenschmaus wrote:What is the difference betweeb the iPad and the vst version?
Apart from the fact the the plugin runs multiple instances of Nave - potentially many due to its low CPU consumption - with many plugin formats & DAWs, the synth engine of the plugin is currently patch compatible to the iPad version. We've developed the synth engine further that it can run in various sample rates and modified a bit stuff like level control, output limiting, filter coefficients to adjust to the fact that in DAW these things are a bit different than on an iPad where the audio typically goes directly to the output unless things like AudioBus are used.

However, due to great request we will further extend the plugin version with more synthesis features soon. That will of course affect the patch compatibility between plugin and iPad version. The plugin will be always able to load the iPad patches, but it has to be decided what happens when the iPad loads a plugin patch which uses synthesis features not available in the iPad.

temporubato wrote:… due to great request we will further extend the plugin version with more synthesis features soon.
This dedication to further development of Nave is one powerful motivator for the price level of the native plug-in version, I think.

Looking forward to exciting news… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”