FX Pedals Thread: News, Views, Etc.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone tell, does this Ultimate Drive from Joyo seem to be functioning properly?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t__7cVOs6GY

Sounds broken. Do you want to borrow a working one from me?

Invest in a tube amp! :)

i actually like this pedal -- at least on a couple of settings -- but overall it does seem broken. i wonder if it's the 'reverse diode' issue. anyway, it's being sent back, as i've got several other drives here. it's too bad i didn't get to hear a good one. well, all of my other joyo pedals have been good, so it's not a bad success:fail ratio at joyo's generally low price points.

i do have 3 tube amps, but like solid state as well.

thanks E for checking it out.

here's a little thread on the 'joyo ultimate drive pedal reverse diode issue': http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... 56#p256756

I mentioned the tube amp because I'd be better able to tell you if the sound is correct or not. There was a rattiness that is definitely not at all characteristic of the Ultimate Drive but that could have been because of the interaction with your solid state amp or the miking.

(wrt to solid state versus tube) ok, i get it now.

it sounds here like other drive pedals through this same amp, with pretty much the same mic'ing (it's pretty much in the same position from day to day, but not exactly) don't have that 'rattiness'.

In that case, I'd say your pedal is totally fuxxored.

Boss DS-1 Keeley Mod ver2 (Seeing Eye mod and Ultra Mod with toggle switch)

I use the VHT V-Drive as an EQ/Boost tone shaping pedal most of the time, on the no clipping diode setting, for a clean fat mid boost or more in the high mid range. But it's overdrive circuits are also really good. It can do low power fuzz too.

Does the grungy sock cut some highs and add some dirt to the VHT?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Lol. It's more of a metal or rock sock.

Rock out with your sock out.

For Those About to Sock (We Salute You)
Detroit Sock City
I Love Sock and Roll
Sheena is a Punk Socker
S.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.
Sock Me Amadeus

You missed the classic that is

The Heart of Sock and Roll

personally I use boxers for a small amp sound.

Does anybody know when the Boss WAZA Chorus pedal will be available?
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Just bought a T-Rex Tonebug Totenschlager. What a great pedal. Totally flexible noise box for £30!

The T-Rex Tonebug Fuzz is also great. It's edgy and sharp, totally unlike the smoothed out Fuzz Face and Big Muff sounds.

The Fuzz is nice but was £50, which is cheap for it but I thought twice. The Totenschlager was straight ear to wallet.

I'm looking for some ugly pedals...
Most of the pedals I use, were found at pawnshops for $5-10. For my purposes, they are mostly okay but I think I'm ready to invest in some nicer stuff, particularly if they offer a lot of tonal flexibility.

I'm interested in stuff like the Zvex Fuzz Factory and Dwarfcraft Devices' The Great Destroyer. I've used some Devi Ever pedals but haven't been too impressed. I really like the sound of Metasonix stuff, but I'm not ready to pay those kinds of prices. I'm not strictly looking for fuzz pedals, really anything that will make an obnoxious noise. CV inputs are a plus. While I may plug a guitar into these things, I'm probably not going to "play" it if you know what I mean.

Any suggestions from other noise addicts?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”