PPG WaveGenerator For Mac And PC *Out Now*

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG WaveGenerator Plug-in

Yeah it might just be a flood of them - the D Beams in particular both put out a lot of data - the NUKE is just a Joystick so it sends XY coordinates (set to cc 16 and 17) but maybe it is still flooding it somehow.

just a quick review- this PPG WaveGenerator synth sounds incredible. So much inspiration with just a few easy parameter changes… a whole new dimension has just been added to my sound palette. I was in the market for a Blofeld- not anymore.

Blofeld is again something different - it's definitely a valid synth to have. :)

I like the demo very much.
But I have a question: Has the full version more presets than the demo version?
Are new banks in the pipeline?
I would like to get more classic ppg sounds.
Sounds that I know from the Tangerinde Dream album "exit".
I miss also some more famous choir sounds.
Any chance for it?

JFTR - Wolfgang Palm got his own horum here now:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=251
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

Awesome - the German legend enters KvR. :)

I don't care if Wolfgang Palm is the right hand of Synth God Almighty or perhaps even the Great One in person - the patch and bank organisation of WaveGenerator is a totally and insanely disfunctional train wreck. Copied from some antique hardware that didn't allow more than 128 patches per bank, perhaps?

In 2013 when I try to save a patch (which I have edited to finally kill this equally insane idea that an arp should automatically start playing on instantiation) and I get the alert: "Bank is full".

What???? How can a patch bank in a computer with 1 TB HD space and 12 GB ram be "full"???

I don't know if PPG allows transfers but I already totally regret that I bought this relic on impulse.

Anybody give me a good offer? I genuinely hate this anachronism, no matter if it can make some good sounds!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:I don't care if Wolfgang Palm is the right hand of Synth God Almighty or perhaps even the Great One in person - the patch and bank organisation of WaveGenerator is a totally and insanely disfunctional train wreck. Copied from some antique hardware that didn't allow more than 128 patches per bank, perhaps?

In 2013 when I try to save a patch (which I have edited to finally kill this equally insane idea that an arp should automatically start playing on instantiation) and I get the alert: "Bank is full".

What???? How can a patch bank in a computer with 1 TB HD space and 12 GB ram be "full"???
This is just a limitation of FXB bank format. Just make another bank, nothing to do with disk size or antique hardware. No different from Largo or the PPG Wave 3 (for example) - this is just the standard VST bank format. Personally I'm glad they use the standard format and not one of their own as it makes it easier to import the sounds into Kore (and more compatible with most hosts).
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

arakula wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:There does seem to be a small bug - when I play the filter controls using my Kore controller the cutoff amount doesn't change in the gui although I can hear that it is changing sonically.
That should be fixed in the next update.
It's still there (although osc tune is now automatable - thanks for that)

Spitfire31 wrote:[...] the patch and bank organisation of WaveGenerator is a totally and insanely disfunctional train wreck. Copied from some antique hardware that didn't allow more than 128 patches per bank, perhaps?

When you get your blood pressure down to a sane level again, read the manual. You can organize your sounds into as many banks as your 1TB hard drive can bear.

Unfortunately, you have to... the underlying problem is a VST limitation. As soon as you load an instance of a PlugIn into a host, it has to tell the host a fixed number of programs that it supports. There's no such thing as "dynamically growing banks" in VST land. Funny you didn't notice yet. Quite some hosts (including Steinberg's 8-) ) try to overcome this pre-2000 limitation by providing an internal presets managing system. Should work with WaveGenerator, too.

Spitfire31 wrote:
Anybody give me a good offer? I genuinely hate this anachronism, no matter if it can make some good sounds!

/Joachim
I give you 5 euro for it. Don't you think that you're a bit overreacting? Did you pull all your hair out when you found out that you can't just hop on a space shuttle for a family vacation to Saturn?

aMUSEd wrote:
arakula wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:There does seem to be a small bug - when I play the filter controls using my Kore controller the cutoff amount doesn't change in the gui although I can hear that it is changing sonically.
Are you sure you're automating the correct parameter? Because, you see, if you play with the "Filter / Base / Cutoff" value on the UI, this actually modifies two automatable VST parameters -
  • "EnvF B" ("Env VCF Base")
  • "EnvF P" ("Env VCF Peak")
The position given in the Cutoff text field corresponds to the Env VCF Base setting.

If you switch to the F1 Envelope, you should see that your changes DO take effect; and you can also see what playing with the Cutoff control does.

arakula wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
arakula wrote:
Are you sure you're automating the correct parameter? Because, you see, if you play with the "Filter / Base / Cutoff" value on the UI, this actually modifies two automatable VST parameters -
  • "EnvF B" ("Env VCF Base")
  • "EnvF P" ("Env VCF Peak")
The position given in the Cutoff text field corresponds to the Env VCF Base setting.

If you switch to the F1 Envelope, you should see that your changes DO take effect; and you can also see what playing with the Cutoff control does.
I see now - it's a bit confusing having the one control for both.

Updated my Kore template to reflect the addition of osc tune and add better control of envelopes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... mplate.ksd

Awesome. Had a HD failure this week, replaced drive and went to install latest update of WaveGenerator. No dice. Looking back in this thread, it appears to be a "feature" of the copy protection. Even my eLicenser stuff worked after a restore. Wasn't sure I could ever dislike a protection scheme more than a dongle. I guess I'll see how long it takes for support to get back to me.
Mac and PC App Owners Who Need A Replacement Licence

Should you have a hard drive crash or replace your computer and need to reinstall your software then please email us and include in the email your original order number. We can then issue a replacement licence to you at no cost. This is a one time only service and is limited to one renewal per original licence. The new licence must match the original email address of the original purchase.

Return to “Instruments”