Looking for alpha-testers for MDrummer

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

koolkeys wrote: One problem though. After I shut down the program using the "X" on the upper right corner, the MDrummer process still keeps running in the task manager. So I have to manually shut it down every time by ending the process.

I'm on Vista 32 on this particular system.

Brent
Hey Brent, I'm afraid this is Vista... Ou ou, we have to solve it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Think I have a bug, although the replication of it seems a little random at this point.

I can replicate it every time if I do the following:

1.) Load up MDrummer (VST or standalone)
2.) Go to Drumset Editor, Load and load kit Dance>Alternative 1
3.) Start playing with kick 1. Drag the threshold on the compressor to 0, and it will be permanently muted, even after you drag it back up.

I tested it in standalone mode, as well as VSTi mode in Live and Reaper, and same thing every time. It seems to work rather randomly with various pieces throughout the factory kits, and it also did it on a custom one I made. Although with this particular kit, it does it every single time for me.

Can anyone confirm?

MeldaProduction wrote:
koolkeys wrote: One problem though. After I shut down the program using the "X" on the upper right corner, the MDrummer process still keeps running in the task manager. So I have to manually shut it down every time by ending the process.

I'm on Vista 32 on this particular system.

Brent
Hey Brent, I'm afraid this is Vista... Ou ou, we have to solve it.
What do you mean that it's Vista? I've had no issues with this happening regularly, but only certain programs every so often. But really, out of dozens of programs, I only have maybe one other one that does this regularly.

Not saying that it's definitely the fault of MDrummer, but just that it isn't a typical Vista thing. There are programs that do the same on XP as well.

I'll do some more testing and get back to you.

Brent
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote: What do you mean that it's Vista? I've had no issues with this happening regularly, but only certain programs every so often. But really, out of dozens of programs, I only have maybe one other one that does this regularly.

Not saying that it's definitely the fault of MDrummer, but just that it isn't a typical Vista thing. There are programs that do the same on XP as well.

Brent
Sorry Brent - misunderstanding. It is a bug in MDrummer (technically our kernel libraries), which occurs on Vista. We have to solve it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

sockofgold wrote:Think I have a bug, although the replication of it seems a little random at this point.

3.) Start playing with kick 1. Drag the threshold on the compressor to 0, and it will be permanently muted, even after you drag it back up.

I tested it in standalone mode, as well as VSTi mode in Live and Reaper, and same thing every time. It seems to work rather randomly with various pieces throughout the factory kits, and it also did it on a custom one I made. Although with this particular kit, it does it every single time for me.

Can anyone confirm?
Interesting I'll check it out tomorrow, it's 1:15am here, so I'm going to bed :). Anyway thanks!
Vojtech

sockofgold wrote:Think I have a bug, although the replication of it seems a little random at this point.

Can anyone confirm?
Verified in standalone. Reloading the kit and adjusting this parameter will cause the same result again.

MeldaProduction wrote:
koolkeys wrote: What do you mean that it's Vista? I've had no issues with this happening regularly, but only certain programs every so often. But really, out of dozens of programs, I only have maybe one other one that does this regularly.

Brent
Sorry Brent - misunderstanding. It is a bug in MDrummer (technically our kernel libraries), which occurs on Vista. We have to solve it.
Ok, cool. I just wasn't sure what you meant. It sounded like you knew the source of the bug so I was trying to figure out where it was.

I can still use it though but just have to shut it down manually. I haven't tried the plugin version yet, and probably won't have time until later tonight or tomorrow since I just got to work.

This really is a very cool instrument though!

Brent

I got it installed but update file didn't complete.
I cleared some HD space and will try again unless the update is no longer necessary.
There are some English typographical errors in GUI that will need to be corrected.

Download the update from the web seperately. It installed for me fine.

Stephan326 wrote:Download the update from the web seperately. It installed for me fine.
Thanks.
I started watching the features video. Really good.
Looking forward to the other two getting started vids.
Maybe I can get something out of the Cubase vid, although I use FLStudio mainly.

Musical Gym wrote:
Stephan326 wrote:Download the update from the web seperately. It installed for me fine.
Thanks.
I started watching the features video. Really good.
Looking forward to the other two getting started vids.
Maybe I can get something out of the Cubase vid, although I use FLStudio mainly.
I got kind of freaked out by the videos. That voice scared me.

I have replicated this several times in Standalone, and it proves to be an issue in vst mode as well.

1) Load MDrummer
2) On the main screen (quick settings) click on "additional" under settings, on the rhythm panel.
3) Modify Cymbal variation mode, and the panel will now NOT close, even when the X is clicked.

In standalone I had to close the settings panel from the task bar, in vst mode (running in FL), it was opening another window as well...I could not close it from the X on the window operating in vst either, I had to close the new window that it created from the task bar.

Once this happens, I lose audio from the plugin. If I reload it, I get an access violation and FL closes.

* In reaper, once the additional settings window is closed, playback resumes.

metafex wrote:I have replicated this several times in Standalone, and it proves to be an issue in vst mode as well.

1) Load MDrummer
2) On the main screen (quick settings) click on "additional" under settings, on the rhythm panel.
3) Modify Cymbal variation mode, and the panel will now NOT close, even when the X is clicked.

In standalone I had to close the settings panel from the task bar, in vst mode (running in FL), it was opening another window as well...I could not close it from the X on the window operating in vst either, I had to close the new window that it created from the task bar.

Once this happens, I lose audio from the plugin. If I reload it, I get an access violation and FL closes.

* In reaper, once the additional settings window is closed, playback resumes.
I have tried over and over, but I can't replicate this problem in either standalone or VST mode. Seems to work perfect for me here. Host is Sonar in this case, btw.

Have you updated to the latest version? I'm running 2.05.

Also Vojtech, 2.05 doesn't get stuck running when I shut MDrummer down. I hadn't updated yet when I reported that the process kept going. But I updated a little bit ago tonight and now it closes just fine. I don't have to enter the task manager to close it fully any more. At least not yet. So maybe that was fixed in 2.05?

Brent

http://www.metafex.net/temp/additional.swf

Sorry for the size and aliasing...but it gets the idea across.

Excellent. Thanks for the video. That actually helps to narrow it down. It seems that when you use the arrows on that button to change it's value, the window will close just fine. But when clicking on the button to change the value as you did, it won't close. Can you try using the arrows to confirm this? That way we will know for sure a more narrow cause and it will be easier to fix.

So I've confirmed it now, but you have to click on the button to get it to happen. The arrows work.

Brent

Return to “MeldaProduction”