AMG one put back again ..........

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

don't be embarrassed,

I may even get it if it does these fundamental things.
scuzzphut wrote:plus - it forgets midi controller mappings when you save/load :oops:

re: MIDI controllers, MIDI file export:-

All sorted in the update to be released soon, alongside the AU version. The update also includes full ACID timestretching emulation for ACID loops, which is great fun.

re: Browsing:-

You'll need the full version of ONE for that feature.

Regards
Dave

why not update Solo do do preset browsing then ?
Wait. Just thinking out loud...

Where would it go on the GUI??

theres room for a + and - button
next to the load button.
Muon Software Ltd wrote:Wait. Just thinking out loud...

Where would it go on the GUI??

or maybe it could just play the rex/wav file in the "open" dialog box when you select a file.

it's just a PITA opening a folder of 100+ rex files and playing "load-n-hope" :hihi:

What I do is hit load, double-click on a REX, click the test button, and keep on like that. It's hardly a lot of effort :-)

Preview in the file dialog would be rather difficult to implement. It's OK to preview simple stuff like WAV files etc. - easy enough, the OS can handle that in most cases. But complete patches? how do you preview a complete OPF file? an Akai file? the only way to do it would be to load the engine with the patch - andif you're going to do that, you might as well do what I just mentioned above.

inc/dec buttons near the patch name isn't such a bad idea because, after loading say the first patch in a folder, it wouldn't be too hard to enumerate all the valid files in that folder and then allow you to step through them. The only issues I see is if you do have a folder with 100+ REX files in, it would take time after each load to rip through them and build the list. Also, how would it handle sub-folders?

I think whichever way it was handled, it'd be a kludge. The full version of ONE on the other hand has all the browsing features you could want and more, fully integrated in the product - plus a massive (expandable) AMG library and lots of other features. Seems to me that you'd be better off with ONE rather than ONE/solo if browsing is top of your feature request list.

Cheers
Dave

microdicer previews in the load dialog (and in sync)

not vsti,but Dr Rex uses the browse to next patch function.

imo preset browsing is such a fundamental thing in an instrument, for some reason some devs just ignore this.

oh well, up to you Dave.

Muon Software Ltd wrote:What I do is hit load, double-click on a REX, click the test button, and keep on like that. It's hardly a lot of effort :-)

Preview in the file dialog would be rather difficult to implement. It's OK to preview simple stuff like WAV files etc. - easy enough, the OS can handle that in most cases. But complete patches? how do you preview a complete OPF file? an Akai file? the only way to do it would be to load the engine with the patch - andif you're going to do that, you might as well do what I just mentioned above.

inc/dec buttons near the patch name isn't such a bad idea because, after loading say the first patch in a folder, it wouldn't be too hard to enumerate all the valid files in that folder and then allow you to step through them. The only issues I see is if you do have a folder with 100+ REX files in, it would take time after each load to rip through them and build the list. Also, how would it handle sub-folders?

I think whichever way it was handled, it'd be a kludge. The full version of ONE on the other hand has all the browsing features you could want and more, fully integrated in the product - plus a massive (expandable) AMG library and lots of other features. Seems to me that you'd be better off with ONE rather than ONE/solo if browsing is top of your feature request list.

Cheers
Dave

not vsti,but Dr Rex uses the browse to next patch function.
The difference is that it is not playing a full blown patch with filters and LFOs etc. It's just playing a REX file. The REX dll has built-in functionality for handling that sort of thing.

However, ONE/solo plays:-

* OPF
* ACID
* Akai S1/2/3/5/6000
* DS404
* SMF

What you are asking for is serioualy non-trivial - believe me, we're dealing with it in ONE at an architectural level. But why should a top of the line feature be available in the *cut down* version?

Cheers
Dave

correct me if i'm wrong, but arent MicroDicer doing all this already? and its cheaper? so why having this discussion at all. :roll:

I have helped design almost 50 products to date,

sorry I cant help myself :hihi: but to try and help when something is so OBVIOUSLY missing.

ok im outa here.

and yes, you are correct about Mdicer.
Lance Vance wrote:correct me if i'm wrong, but arent MicroDicer doing all this already? and its cheaper? so why having this discussion at all. :roll:

MicroDicer is a lovely product, no doubt. But it doesn't do even half the things ONE/solo can do - and it doesn't do 10% of what ONE can do - and it isn't backed by a world-class library developer like AMG. Sorry but there simply is no comparison.

Regards
Dave

vice versa

(this wasnt a contest by the way just a request for the lack of preset browsing in your product)

but if you wanna go there,MD does stuff that One cannot do as well.

Midi File drag n drop to host
Audio slice to host
rex2 sync in place
randomize slices
multiple outs

and it is also a beat slicer not just a player.

I understand you think it is not important to have
but in such a lite instrument like One Solo it seems such a shame to leave out preset browsing.

Muon Software Ltd wrote:MicroDicer is a lovely product, no doubt. But it doesn't do even half the things ONE/solo can do - and it doesn't do 10% of what ONE can do - and it isn't backed by a world-class library developer like AMG. Sorry but there simply is no comparison.

Regards
Dave

HI

Dave could you not respond to postings like once a day? - I really want you to knuckle down with trhe coding and meet 'their' deadline :lol: .

Porpoise.

just a request for the lack of preset browsing in your product
Preset browsing is in the full version of ONE - and in a much more integrated and intuitive way also than most other software, MicroDicer included. It doesn't exist in the cut down version of the software because of all the reasons I've already told you.
Midi File drag n drop to host
Good one, it'd be nice to have - but can it be done fully cross platform and working well in every host? nobody seems to have managed it any app I've seen so no. When designing software, you have to have a policy on this kind of feature that might not work or work well for some users and work fine for others. Our policy is not to go there - if it doesn't work for everyone it doesn't go in the box. MicroDicer has the luxury of being Windows-only, VSTi-only. We're not so lucky.
Audio slice to host
Content developers of the quality used by AMG want to control how their work is used, and since they invest their time and money in their work quite right too. AMG want to release virtual instruments because they can no longer stomach the rampant piracy of content in unprotected formats like REX etc. Its a trade off - want top notch content, have to accept conditions on how it can be used (such as, only within a special plugin). Alternatively, you could buy a product with no bundled library and do it all yourself. Not all musicians use canned loops, and there's a whole snobbery about them that I won't get into. At the end of the day, you get out your wallet for what floats your boat.
rex2 sync in place

Have you actually ever used ONE/solo??
randomize slices
Randomise slices is good, but musically useful/predictable? it's of dubious benefit if every time you play your song back it comes up with a different combination. How are you supposed to get the exact order of slices you want at a particular point in the track? you'd be better off exporting the MIDI and doing it in a predictable and repeatable way.
multiple outs
ONE has these, ONE/solo doesn't. Probably because ONE/solo is monotimbral maybe.
and it is also a beat slicer not just a player.
Well of course. But the ONE range is all about the *content* though.

Cheers
Dave

Dave could you not respond to postings like once a day?
I'm like a dog with a bone once I get going. But I can code and chat you know...

Return to “Muon Software”