MCCGenerator alternatives? (plugins used to modulate parameters of other plugins)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sandandpaint wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:44 pm goodness you are a prickly customer
my apologies if i came across that way. maybe the lack of tone of voice is coming across like im upset, but im not :) I was just answering why I responded. maybe it's my attention to detail that comes across that way. I am just correcting things I see.
sandandpaint wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:44 pm An alternative is to stack automation items to the same cc - that also works.
that only works for constant fluctuations like an lfo or some sidechain pumping. but for things like an MSEG that triggers every time a note is pressed, automation will not resolve that.
sandandpaint wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:44 pm As for key/pitch/velocity mapping - there ar other simple utilities, such as a jsfx Notes to cc, for that which you could make part of a permanent fx chain and get the result you seem to be looking for
Thanks, so I tried jsfx notes to cc now, and it doesn't stack with LFOTool. I got the same result as when I used 2 LFOTools, the parameter just jumps in a glitchy way and doesn't sum properly. I have made sure "merges with midi bus" is selected on all my plugins.

I would prefer to find a single solution such as MCCGenerator. it uses up alot of inserts on my mixer using tons of little modulators. MCCGenerator means i can put one insert on the track and have 8 knobs which is enough for one track 90% of the time, and have modulators i can assign quickly and fluidly.

I did state this in my original post:
Digitt wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:36 am Criteria:
- Must have multiple modulators per instance (ie: Xfer LFOtool does not count as it will only modulate once per instance)
So when you respond with gatekeeper which is very similar to LFOTool (which I already said does not count), and does not have multiple modulators, I'm gonna respond by
saying it does not fit my needs. You may see that as being prickly, but I'm just being specific about what I am looking for.

ElVincente wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:08 pm Mulab plugin could probably do all that.
thanks. I had trouble getting it to run in macOS. Will keep trying to fix that.

Digitt wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:43 am
I would prefer to find a single solution such as MCCGenerator. it uses up alot of inserts on my mixer using tons of little modulators. MCCGenerator means i can put one insert on the track and have 8 knobs which is enough for one track 90% of the time, and have modulators i can assign quickly and fluidly.

I did state this in my original post:
Digitt wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:36 am Criteria:
- Must have multiple modulators per instance (ie: Xfer LFOtool does not count as it will only modulate once per instance)
So when you respond with gatekeeper which is very similar to LFOTool (which I already said does not count), and does not have multiple modulators, I'm gonna respond by
saying it does not fit my needs. You may see that as being prickly, but I'm just being specific about what I am looking for.
gatekeeper lets you design 8 independent curves each with their own speed and each targeted to their own cc - I thought this is what you meant by multiple modulators.

sandandpaint wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:19 pm gatekeeper lets you design 8 independent curves each with their own speed and each targeted to their own cc - I thought this is what you meant by multiple modulators.
fair enough :) I also listed cableguys midishaper though which does the same thing and said i had looked into it. I did list multiple modulators but also listed velocity and keytrackers. I guess I assumed it was obvious that I'm implying I want an all-in-one solution due to that plus the title being an alternative to mccgenerator.

but all good, thanks for your suggestion

Return to “Effects”