Zebralette 3 Public Beta Announcement (Revision 15573)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

Urs, you're a genius!
I have a feeling that Zebralette 3 is going to be for the 2020s what the DX7 was for the 1980s! The sound is as revolutionary as the DX7 was, but with the added bonus of ease of use!

I've just listened carefully to the 59 presets in the beta version, and that alone is impressive!

What impresses me is not only the beauty of some of the sounds, but also the fact that they're made with just one oscillator and no filter at all!

It's really been worth waiting all these years since the release of Zebra HZ!

Zebra 3 will be more than impressive, it will be a new stage in the evolution of the Synthesizer species!

All that's missing is a series of tutorials by Dan Worrall (or others), and fame is assured!

This promises many happy hours of musical creation!

Thank you, Urs!

Awesome first release.

Idea; would it be a good thing to start with changing the way FX mixes? Instead of the usual Crossfades between dry and wet, consider Dry 100% from 0 to 50 and fade that to 0% from 50 to 100. Wet to 100% from 0 to 50 and 100% from 50 to 100.
There are only a handful of plugins which can do this (e.g. Toraverb, Effectrix2) and it works way better. On both examples this is switchable, which would be preferred imho

ohh didnt expect it so early! Well done.

First, really bravo for this amazing work ! Much still to explore of course…

I found a darker setting in the Tools menu, but is there or will you do a really black/dark theme ? Did I miss something ? (It?svnotvan aesthetic choice, it’s necessary for my eyes 🤷‍♂️)
Philippe

Works good in Reaper on windows 10, nice beta!!
-Committed to provide innovative technologies for multimedia.-

https://www.davidsonaudioandmultimedia.com

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:26 pm So let's get going and start your journey with Zebralette 3 right now.

Cheers,
the u-he crew :)
Hey, it's a minor nitpick, but...

Is it too late to have "Zebralette 3" appear as just that in our DAWs rather than "Zebralette3" (no space).

It just looks untidy and less legible than how most plugins with a number after the name appear.

Zebralette 3

vs

Zebralette3

... the former is clearer.

Oh, and of course, the same should apply for "Zebra 3" and not "Zebra3" when that too is officially released.

Cheers :tu:

Awesome stuff! Can't wait to sink my teeth into it! Congrats! :D
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

So no more VST2?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

playing now with Zebralette 3 beta.
its simply the best sounding fresh synth I've heard in a while! mindblowing instrument! if Zebralette 3 (free version) is like this, my simple mind can't imagine the Zebra 3...
thank you U-he team. this is smth else.

martiu wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:02 pm So no more VST2?
VST2 is dead 🪦

Long live the CLAP 👑 :party:

MrJubbly wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:13 pm
VST2 is dead 🪦

Long live the CLAP 👑 :party:
How come that VST2 is still frequently requested? I mean, it's been officially out of support by Steinberg since 2013, which is 11 years ago. VST3 is there since 2008.. and now we have CLAP :)
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

MrJubbly wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:48 pmHey, it's a minor nitpick, but...

Is it too late to have "Zebralette 3" appear as just that in our DAWs rather than "Zebralette3" (no space).

It just looks untidy and less legible than how most plugins with a number after the name appear.

Zebralette 3

vs

Zebralette3

... the former is clearer.

Oh, and of course, the same should apply for "Zebra 3" and not "Zebra3" when that too is officially released.

Cheers :tu:
This is a great point and I wholeheartedly support it! :)

Fannon wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:33 pm How come that VST2 is still frequently requested?
Perhaps because some people use older DAW's that don't support VST3? (or CLAP)

MrJubbly wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:13 pm
VST2 is dead 🪦
Hardly. Tons of great stuff out there still in VST2 format (or offers both VST2 and VST3 installation).

Return to “u-he”