Bitwig v5.1.3 released

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SonikHorizon wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:43 pm Installed 5.1.3 today.
I don't know what it is but with the last few updates I'm having issues with my projects not loading, they hang on some plugins not loading and each time it's different ones. This time it's XO, Youlean but previously Fabfilter Pro-3, Falcon.
Then a few hours later I try the project again and it loads complete..

engine.log
XLN Audio XO is misbehaving: IComponentHandler::endEdit() was called with an invalid parameter ID:

edit:
XO vst3 keeps misbehaving in 5.1.3, in 5.1.2 it works fine. Something going wrong with OpenGL or DPI scaling or something.
Also problems with Pigments hanging, no issue with 5.1.2
Ah well back to 5.1.2 then, this 5.1.3 update sucks.
Its the same on my System, in the evening the track ist working, next morning it wont load again.
back to 5.1.2

I had a strange issue, but it is one Ive seen at least once on other versions, not just 5.1.3:
I start up a fresh BWS 5.1.3 session. Load last project. Project loads, audio engine starts, no errors, all is well. No sound comes from Bitwig no matter what I do. Totally silent. All other system audio works fine, just not inside BW.

I restart BWS, reopen same project, all audio is working fine. Ive seen this ONE other time, months ago, on some other random version. This just happened to me, as I woke up this morning to go back to last night's production.

Milkman wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:08 pm I had a strange issue, but it is one Ive seen at least once on other versions, not just 5.1.3:
I start up a fresh BWS 5.1.3 session. Load last project. Project loads, audio engine starts, no errors, all is well. No sound comes from Bitwig no matter what I do. Totally silent. All other system audio works fine, just not inside BW.

I restart BWS, reopen same project, all audio is working fine. Ive seen this ONE other time, months ago, on some other random version. This just happened to me, as I woke up this morning to go back to last night's production.
This can happen if you use an headset or a dac and plug it and unplug it.
Sometimes you need to go back to settings, change the audio output to none, and change it back to your actual output. Click apply and it fixed the issue.

Grooveman wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:03 am
I don't know what it is but with the last few updates I'm having issues with my projects not loading, they hang on some plugins not loading and each time it's different ones. This time it's XO, Youlean but previously Fabfilter Pro-3, Falcon.

engine.log
XLN Audio XO is misbehaving: IComponentHandler::endEdit() was called with an invalid parameter ID:

edit:
XO vst3 keeps misbehaving in 5.1.3, in 5.1.2 it works fine. Something going wrong with OpenGL or DPI scaling or something.
Its the same on my System, in the evening the track ist working, next morning it wont load again.
back to 5.1.2
I don't have xo but I have Falcon and pro Q3 and no issue on Mac.
Are you on PC?

Jac459 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:35 pm

engine.log

edit:
back to 5.1.2
Are you on PC?
I'm on Windows 10 PC.
I have sort of a workaround where I set the plugin hosting mode to manufacturer (for plugin instances that need to communicate with each other) and every other plugin override to Individually.
Projects load better that way but more often than not the first time after I start Bitwig it still hangs and only after the second try they load.
This is new since 5.1.3 , I haven't had to do this nonsense in the past.. there is clearly something wrong with 5.1.3. Nothing else changed on my system.

Jac459 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:33 pm
Milkman wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:08 pm I had a strange issue, but it is one Ive seen at least once on other versions, not just 5.1.3:

Sometimes you need to go back to settings, change the audio output to none, and change it back to your actual output. Click apply and it fixed the issue.
No headset, no dac. Windows10, clean system, focusrite 18i20. Every OTHER sound source on windows works fine, and nothing switched my audio interface. Closing Bitwig and reopening it wouldnt toggle an audio interface that way, and this is what solved it each time.

Milkman wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:41 pm

No headset, no dac. Windows10, clean system, focusrite 18i20. Every OTHER sound source on windows works fine, and nothing switched my audio interface. Closing Bitwig and reopening it wouldnt toggle an audio interface that way, and this is what solved it each time.
Wait, you have to restart Bitwig or you just restart the audio engine ???
I never had to restart Bitwig itself in my entire experience using the software.

On windows I have to restart it every often with "Audio driver" issues.

Never on Mac though.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Jac459 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:44 pm
Milkman wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:41 pm

Wait, you have to restart Bitwig or you just restart the audio engine ???
I never had to restart Bitwig itself in my entire experience using the software.
Yes - as I said, this has happened 2 times. Ive been using Bitwig for about 10 months now, and that has happened TWO TIMES in 10 months, and each time Bitwig's meters moved when keys were pressed or audio was played, Bitwig's engine thought it was running, no errors showed anywhere, and yet Bitwig was totally silent while all external windows sounds were working.

Just after updating to 5.1.3, it happened again for the first time in months. This is an extremely rare issue, and normally nothing makes me restart Bitwig.

Jac459 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:35 pm

engine.log

edit:
back to 5.1.2
Are you on PC?
Yes, Windows 10

Return to “Bitwig”